One way or only way to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way is the Son, the Truth is the Father and the life is the Spirit. Jesus is explaining the three fold nature of heaven and how it works. Its the Trinity. This is not exclusive to Christians its simply a way to explain how God works. For e.g David Attenborough claims he is atheist but he clearly experiences God through his work with nature weather he perceives it like that or not.
That's a very interesting reading of that scripture. Thanks.

Do you agree that the Day is coming when every knee will bow and every tongue confess Jesus as Lord?
In that Day He will be the only way. No other way will be provided.

This parenthetical below is fascinating. That our God-given human conscience can lead us to live right.
And will be used to accuse and even defend all of humankind facing the age of judgment/correction/redemption.

Romans 2:14-16 NIV
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Acts 4:12- Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

That eliminates every religion besides Christianity.
Shouldn't it eliminate Christianity as well?
Seems to me that "Christianity" is just another name that is NOT Jesus.
Who created Christianity?

When we promote Christianity we are blowing in the wrong end of the shofar. - LOL

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shouldn't it eliminate Christianity as well?
Seems to me that "Christianity" is just another name that is NOT Jesus.
Who created Christianity?

When we promote Christianity we are blowing in the wrong end of the shofar. - LOL
Christ Jesus, Jesus Christ

Christianity

Christ-
ianity- suffix meaning religion

The Religion of Christ. His Person, Work and Teachings.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to reduce Christ to a mystical concept, that is a different Christ. But you are right about the exclusivity: John 6:44 "For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him to me, and at the Last Day I will cause all such to rise again from the dead"
Can we really limit who the Father draws to Jesus to the confines of Christian religion?
I have heard testimonies of Musilims in third world countries hearing from God/Jesus as they walk down the road.

cc: @Zachariah

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ Jesus, Jesus Christ

Christianity

Christ-
ianity- suffix meaning religion

The Religion of Christ. His Person, Work and Teachings.
Thank you.

Is there salvation in the name of Christianity?
Or is that another name in which salvation is NOT found?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

Is there salvation in the name of Christianity?
Or is that another name in which salvation is NOT found?
Absolutely not its only in the Person of Christ. This is eternal life that they might know Thee the True God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. Eternal Life is found in God alone. And Eternal Life is knowing Christ and believing in Him.

Jesus is the source of Eternal Life

John 1:1-10
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light. 9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.

John 3:14-15
"As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

John 3:36
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life,

John 4:14
4 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

John 5:39-41
39 "1 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 6:27
27 "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you,

John 6:40
40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

John 6:47-48
47 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. 48 " I am the bread of life.

John 6:51
" I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh."

John 6:54
54 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 6:68
Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.

John 10:28
I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

1 John 2:25
This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.

1 John 5:13-14
13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

1 John 5:20
we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.