One way or only way to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:6,7
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.7If you really knew me, you would know [2] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The way is the Son, the Truth is the Father and the life is the Spirit. Jesus is explaining the three fold nature of heaven and how it works. Its the Trinity. This is not exclusive to Christians its simply a way to explain how God works. For e.g David Attenborough claims he is atheist but he clearly experiences God through his work with nature weather he perceives it like that or not.

Reactions: St. SteVen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.7If you really knew me, you would know [2] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
Yes Jesus is the only way to God. There is no other way to come to the Father.

Others can point you to Jesus as the way. But if anyone preaches another gospel they are accursed.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Acts 4:12- Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

That eliminates every religion besides Christianity.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes Jesus is the only way to God. There is no other way to come to the Father.

Others can point you to Jesus as the way. But if anyone preaches another gospel they are accursed.
The Son of God is the only way to the father. The Son of God is an image of pure sacrifice, love and truth acted out as wisdom. And love most of all. If you say people who arent Christians can't experience these things then you are wrong my friend. It is highly religious, exclusive and possesive belief. You take the bible to litteraly and miss its critical truth.

Just like we can experience passion, courage and revenge through watching Rambo as can we experience God through jesus. But it is not the only way. Wake up to yourself.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The Son of God is the only way to the father. The Son of God is an image of pure sacrifice, love and truth acted out as wisdom. And love most of all. If you say people who arent Christians can't experience these things then you are wrong my friend. It is highly religious, exclusive and possesive belief. You take the bible to litteraly and miss its critical truth.

Just like we can experience passion, courage and revenge through watching Rambo as can we experience God through jesus. But it is not the only way. Wake up to yourself.
Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. He himself said in Matt 5: "If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?".

And if you think about it who doesn't have some capacity to love those close to them. The challenge is loving those far from us. And who is further from sinners than God ? Yet he came in the flesh as Jesus Christ to redeem us.

If you want to reduce Christ to a mystical concept, that is a different Christ. But you are right about the exclusivity: John 6:44 "For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him to me, and at the Last Day I will cause all such to rise again from the dead"

Reactions: ChristisGod

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. He himself said in Matt 5: "If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?".

And if you think about it who doesn't have some capacity to love those close to them. The challenge is loving those far from us. And who is further from sinners than God ? Yet he came in the flesh as Jesus Christ to redeem us.

If you want to reduce Christ to a mystical concept, that is a different Christ. But you are right about the exclusivity: John 6:44 "For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him to me, and at the Last Day I will cause all such to rise again from the dead"
Telstra says, no one will get to the internet but through me.

Jesus does not refer to himself in the flesh. He is refering to his nature. It was never ment to mean him exclusively, he is refering to gods love which we all posses and all can bring people to the father.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Telstra says, no one will get to the internet but through me.

Jesus does not refer to himself in the flesh. He is refering to his nature. It was never ment to mean him exclusively, he is refering to gods love which we all posses and all can bring people to the father.
Even before he was born he was the lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world. (See Revelation 13:8).

Haven't you heard that without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness of sins? (See Hebrews 9:22, and Leviticus 17:11). It took a real sacrifice to reconcile humanity with God. And Jesus was that sacrifice, once and for all time (see Hebrews 10)

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even before he was born he was the lamb that was slain from the foundation of the world. (See Revelation 13:8).

Haven't you heard that without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness of sins? (See Hebrews 9:22, and Leviticus 17:11). It took a real sacrifice to reconcile humanity with God. And Jesus was that sacrifice, once and for all time (see Hebrews 10)
You take the bible to litteraly and hold onto its physicle fabrics. You hold it for intellectual value and i can see this in the way you keep quoting scripture and hold it for word value. I'm not saying these words hold no truth rather i am talking about ones perspective.

One great revelation I had a while ago was about sacrifice and I think it may help here in understanding truth behind the words that present us. Just say somone who you love dearly makes a mistake in life and hits an all time low. They are ashamed in their mistake and grieving. Now naturally you would experience what's called empathy towards that person. What is empathy? Well spiritually when we experience empathy we are feeling their grief. In this emotion of empathy we are spiritualy dying for their sins, and from this emotion we cheer them up and give them our life and help them back on their feet. Empathy is unconditional and pure. It is sinless sacrifice on a spiritual level. By understanding this you can see the poetry and symboligy with blood, sacrifice and the salvation of the grieved.

I posted a little thing on empathy a while ago.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You take the bible to litteraly and hold onto its physicle fabrics. You hold it for intellectual value and i can see this in the way you keep quoting scripture and hold it for word value. I'm not saying these words hold no truth rather i am talking about ones perspective.

One great revelation I had a while ago was about sacrifice and I think it may help here in understanding truth behind the words that present us. Just say somone who you love dearly makes a mistake in life and hits an all time low. They are ashamed in their mistake and grieving. Now naturally you would experience what's called empathy towards that person. What is empathy? Well spiritually when we experience empathy we are feeling their grief. In this emotion of empathy we are spiritualy dying for their sins, and from this emotion we cheer them up and give them our life and help them back on their feet. Empathy is unconditional and pure. It is sinless sacrifice on a spiritual level. By understanding this you can see the poetry and symboligy with blood, sacrifice and the salvation of the grieved.

I posted a little thing on empathy a while ago.

WHEN THE PLAIN SENSE OF SCRIPTURE MAKES COMMON SENSE, SEEK NO OTHER SENSE; THEREFORE, TAKE EVERY WORD AT ITS PRIMARY, ORDINARY, USUAL, LITERAL MEANING UNLESS THE FACTS OF THE IMMEDIATE CONTEXT, STUDIED IN THE LIGHT OF RELATED PASSAGES AND AXIOMATIC AND FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS INDICATE CLEARLY OTHERWISE.​

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WHEN THE PLAIN SENSE OF SCRIPTURE MAKES COMMON SENSE, SEEK NO OTHER SENSE; THEREFORE, TAKE EVERY WORD AT ITS PRIMARY, ORDINARY, USUAL, LITERAL MEANING UNLESS THE FACTS OF THE IMMEDIATE CONTEXT, STUDIED IN THE LIGHT OF RELATED PASSAGES AND AXIOMATIC AND FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS INDICATE CLEARLY OTHERWISE.​
Well science has proven that life has been around longer than 6000 years. You can take that litteraly to. Or is it that you just pick and choose?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well science has proven that life has been around longer than 6000 years. You can take that litteraly to. Or is it that you just pick and choose?
Well the Bible is truth so if I have to decide between scripture and science I’ll take scripture 24/7.

• Love

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well the Bible is truth so if I have to decide between scripture and science I’ll take scripture 24/7.
You pick and choose what is true to support your belief system. This is the very concept of eve eating the apple in the sence that man decides to choose what is right and wrong for himself therefore trying to take the roll of God. But I'm sure you just take it litteraly and think that these series of events litteraly took place.

I hope that one day you will read behind the words and find some truth for yourself. Good day and God bless.

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way is the Son, the Truth is the Father and the life is the Spirit. Jesus is explaining the three fold nature of heaven and how it works. Its the Trinity. This is not exclusive to Christians its simply a way to explain how God works. For e.g David Attenborough claims he is atheist but he clearly experiences God through his work with nature weather he perceives it like that or not.

How can non Christians experience what a Christian can and does through Christ? They may experience, love joy peace ..etc but it's as the world gives. What we experience is Spiritual, we are connected to Our Father spiritually through Christ. This is not a religious belief but a personal relationship with the creator of the universe who knows us intimately. How can we not take God's word but literally. God's word is active and alive that never changes but it certainly does change us. You say it is highly possessive and exclusive in our belief of Christ, remember we serve a very jealous God who will not share us with idols. He is an all consuming fire, a jealous God. I do take this as literal, I won't test him.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The word Christian or christ like is a name for behaviour. Somone can identify as a Christian through their behaviour and not even realise that's what they are doing. On the same not, somone can call themselves a Christian but not actually have the behaviour of a Christian which is love and self sacrifice. So you see, Christian is just a name to define certain character traits, behaviours or nature.

Just because somone does not claim they are Christian does not mean that they cant experience God the same as somone who does. To believe otherwise is fallacy.

From my personal perspective, the bible and the character of christ is complete and is a great and in depth way of experiencing God if understood properly. But to say that God can't be found outside of Christianity is the same as saying truth cannot be found also. These beliefs come from a place of religious controll and limit the conciousness of the believer. Its a box for conciousness and is a form of mind/population controle.

The truth is omni present. God is omni present. The truth and God being the same thing are eternal. Have and allways will be. Before christianity and after christianity the truth will always be here.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12) Why? Because He is God our Savior. Indeed, His Hebrew name Yeshua means GOD IS OUR SALVATION.

Reactions: Nancy and Nhisname

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The way is the Son, the Truth is the Father and the life is the Spirit.
There's no need to add to the confusion that is all around us. Jesus Himself is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Changing that to something else means that you do not believe Christ and what He has said about Himself.

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word Christian or christ like is a name for behaviour. Somone can identify as a Christian through their behaviour and not even realise that's what they are doing. On the same not, somone can call themselves a Christian but not actually have the behaviour of a Christian which is love and self sacrifice. So you see, Christian is just a name to define certain character traits, behaviours or nature.
The best way to discern an authentic believer or Christian is by their fruit...there are tares among the wheat. Alot of followers started out with Christ but didn't finish with him at the cross. Those who endure till the end will be saved. I question if we are on the same page or not. A person can only have salvation through Christ. No other way. To be truly Christlike you need to abide in him and he in you.
Just because somone does not claim they are Christian does not mean that they cant experience God the same as somone who does. To believe otherwise is fallacy.

From my personal perspective, the bible and the character of christ is complete and is a great and in depth way of experiencing God if understood properly. But to say that God can't be found outside of Christianity is the same as saying truth cannot be found also. These beliefs come from a place of religious controll and limit the conciousness of the believer. Its a box for conciousness and is a form of mind/population controle.

The truth is omni present. God is omni present. The truth and God being the same thing are eternal. Have and allways will be. Before christianity and after christianity the truth will always be here.
Whose truth are they following if not Christ. God's truth is absolute. Only black and white no gray. There's only two kinds of ppl in the world..believers and non believers those who are not with Christ are against him. Are you saying other religions can find God and experience him? There is only one way and one truth to find God and that's thru Christ. He is the veil from the OT that was split, he is God's word which is truth.and He is the ten commandments that were given in the OT that were called Life.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12) Why? Because He is God our Savior. Indeed, His Hebrew name Yeshua means GOD IS OUR SALVATION.
Yep by the Son and through the holy spirit. Which pre exists Christianity as also stated in the bible.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You pick and choose what is true to support your belief system. This is the very concept of eve eating the apple in the sence that man decides to choose what is right and wrong for himself therefore trying to take the roll of God. But I'm sure you just take it litteraly and think that these series of events litteraly took place.

I hope that one day you will read behind the words and find some truth for yourself. Good day and God bless.
Jesus said : sanctify them in truth , Thy word is truth. John 17:17