One World Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
WORLD ASKED TO HELP CRAFT ONLINE CHARTER FOR RELIGIOUS HARMONYNovember 15, 2008Breitbart.com reports: “A website launched Friday with the backing of technology industry and Hollywood elite urges people worldwide to help craft a framework for harmony between all religions.The Charter for Compassion project on the Internet at www.charterforcompassion.org springs from a ‘wish’ granted this year to religious scholar Karen Armstrong at a premier Technology, Entertainment and Design (TED) conference in California.‘Tedizens’ include Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin along with other Internet icons as well as celebrities such as Forest Whittaker and Cameron Diaz. Wishes granted at TED envision ways to better the world and come with a promise that Tedizens will lend their clout and capabilities to making them come true.Armstrong's wish is to combine universal principles of respect and compassion into a charter based on a ‘golden rule’ she believes is at the core of every major religion.The Golden Rule essentially calls on people to do unto others as they would have done unto them.‘The chief task of our time is to build a global society where people of all persuasions can live together in peace and harmony,’ Armstrong said.‘If we do not achieve this, it seems unlikely that we will have a viable world to hand on to the next generation.’…”

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
The end time one world religion will be on this wise: 1) let's find a common ground, and 2) We must all TOLERATE other religions. Of course the world's meaning of toleration is basically the same as ACCEPTANCE. If one does not accept something (like the homosexual doctrines these days) then they are considered "intolerant" and a danger to society.These people will be persecuted which I honestly believe in the end times tribulation the Antichrist, the devil in the flesh, will convince the world that those who believe in Christ are intolerant and dangerous. Needless to say, this fellow will be so arrogant that He will feel he's the real Messiah, but that's another story.Let me say that those of the "Tolerance" mantra only tolerate those who think and act like themselves, but this liberal world is the most INTOLERANT we've even seen. Heck, when I was a kid, I remember that my family did not agree with another family's religious views, but we truly tolerated them and said they were still good people. But that commonsense approach has gone out the window. Now the new age religion basically wants one merged religion and separate views are not acceptable, yet they call this "TOLERANCE" Go figure.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You have nailed it exactly Tim we see this everywhere I look these days Tolerance of all beliefs. They even had a a meeting last week at the U.N, addressing this same thing hosted by of all people Saudi Arabia ...what a joke try being a Christian over there

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;64110)
(tim_from_pa;64106)
The end time one world religion will be on this wise: 1) let's find a common ground, and 2) We must all TOLERATE other religions. Of course the world's meaning of toleration is basically the same as ACCEPTANCE. If one does not accept something (like the homosexual doctrines these days) then they are considered "intolerant" and a danger to society.These people will be persecuted which I honestly believe in the end times tribulation the Antichrist, the devil in the flesh, will convince the world that those who believe in Christ are intolerant and dangerous. Needless to say, this fellow will be so arrogant that He will feel he's the real Messiah, but that's another story.Let me say that those of the "Tolerance" mantra only tolerate those who think and act like themselves, but this liberal world is the most INTOLERANT we've even seen. Heck, when I was a kid, I remember that my family did not agree with another family's religious views, but we truly tolerated them and said they were still good people. But that commonsense approach has gone out the window. Now the new age religion basically wants one merged religion and separate views are not acceptable, yet they call this "TOLERANCE" Go figure.
You have nailed it exactly Tim we see this everywhere I look these days Tolerance of all beliefs. They even had a a meeting last week at the U.N, addressing this same thing hosted by of all people Saudi Arabia ...what a joke try being a Christian over thereThat's a primary reason I don't trust anyone at all. Because that type of "peace" already brought destruction to me since day 1...

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
The persicution is all around us. We had a democratic vote in California to ban gay marriage and what are they doing, protesting and demanding the Courts overthrow the free vote. Where is the tolerance they scream so much about? Oprah Winfrey is promoting one world religion with her new age movement and her favorite son Barack Obama is planing on negotiating with the EU about one world financial system.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(RobinD69;64121)
The persicution is all around us. We had a democratic vote in California to ban gay marriage and what are they doing, protesting and demanding the Courts overthrow the free vote. Where is the tolerance they scream so much about? Oprah Winfrey is promoting one world religion with her new age movement and her favorite son Barack Obama is planing on negotiating with the EU about one world financial system.
Bingo! You hit the nail on the head! Couldn't have given a better example myself of the so-called "tolerance" mantra where they don't practice what they preach. It's tolerance only if one sees it their way.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
So it was foretold ! How one can see all this come together as the Bible says it would and yet insist the Bible is just a history book with all things past is beyond me.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;64124)
So it was foretold ! How one can see all this come together as the Bible says it would and yet insist the Bible is just a history book with all things past is beyond me.
Guess people has to learn the hard way I guess. It's a sad thing. What's more sad is JD which won't exist at least 1,000 years.