You have not been listening for some time now...
Hmmm, well, just woodenly/literally speaking, I actually have ~ I always do, whether I then agree or not ~ and thus my repeated rebuttals to what you have said. But to what you say here, yeah, right back atcha, Scott.
But now... 'listening'... <
chuckles> We can talk about "listening" in two very different senses. In Genesis 3, God does what He does regarding Adam
because He listened to his wife Eve and thus
did what she wanted him to do rather than what God told him not to do (lest he die in that very day; Genesis 2:17). And in that same sense, right, I have not and will not
listen to what you're saying... in the sense of believing it, because, well, it's wrong... <
smile> ...because the Holy Spirit has told me otherwise. <
smile> The Holy Spirit does not contradict Himself, certainly, so that necessarily means that one of us... <
chuckles> ...has misheard. <
smile>
...so that's enough ("He who is wrong, let him be wrong still").
I agree; it is quite enough. Should be anyway... <
chuckles> And I agree... except in the reverse, regarding you and me, yes, he who is wrong, let him be wrong still. Or, in the words of those... "prophets" <
chuckles> ...Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, "still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..." (
The Boxer, 1968).
You obviously do not know how Jesus fulfills the "cut him in two" prophecy...even though I told you how.
Scott. Scott, Scott, Scott... <
chuckles> You said above (and I quote), "You" (referring to me) "...have cited the origins of the cutting in two, but I have cited the fulfillment by Jesus, involving the born again." There should be no 'but' there,
because, on its face, I most certainly agree with you on the fulfillment by Jesus., yes, involving... well, I would say
for, or
on behalf of...
in place of... the born again. Maybe you would agree, but you know, suit yourself... <
smile>
However, you said above, "if one wants to hang their hat (their life) on the flesh and physical rather than the spirit within--they are "
cut in two" and cut out of the "
half"...that might have been." And that statement itself seems misplaced... misapplied... seems to reveal a fundamental misunderstanding of God's covenant with Abram, and maybe even of Jesus Himself, and why you at least seemingly seem to get a lot of things wrong, even down to... yes, what Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 15:44-53, the nature of the second resurrection of Revelation 20, and what our state will be in eternity, the New Heaven and New Earth.
Yes, Jesus fulfills the... well the Abrahamic covenant... God promised... covenanted... with Abram (and his progeny) that, if He did not uphold His end of the covenant, He would suffer the same fate as the animals (He would die the same death), but also that if Abram (and his progeny through Isaac) did not uphold his/their end of the covenant that He (God, not Abram) would suffer the same fate as the animals (die the same death). Well Abram (and his progeny) failed, of course, and God Himself, in the Person of Jesus Christ, satisfied Abram's end (our end) of the covenant on our behalf... in our place. And this is how we who are in Christ are redeemed to God. And not subject to the second death of Revelation 20.
But the animals in Genesis 15 were not cut in two in the sense of a "good half" and a "bad half," as you ~ and others; you're certainly not alone ~ seem to be saying. Likewise, Jesus was not "cut in two" in the sense of "Good Jesus" being separated from "Bad Jesus"... <
wide eyes> ...and in the second resurrection, whenever you think that occurs, our physical being separated (and destroyed, in the sense of annihilation) from the spiritual.
This... among other things, I guess, is what we disagree on. Our physical bodies... along with the rest of creation, will be "made new"... Our
redeemed, even now, spirit will be
reunited with our
then (so not yet) redeemed physical body, and thus we will be completely spiritual... of God, completely, in body and in spirit, conformed to the image of Christ, Who Himself is the very image of God. As Paul says, speaking of our second resurrection, in Romans 6:5, "
if we have been united with Him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with Him in a resurrection like His."
As for what I "think"--you wrongly assume and accuse...
Again, I'm certainly not assuming...
or accusing you of... anything... To frame in that way is ridiculous, but since you say it and mean it in the way you do, you can apply it in the same (really non sequitur) sense to yourself...
...I have said nothing of what I think.
Ohhhhh, but you have. You think you know these things; you think you're right. <
smile> And, yeah, so do I. We disagree, at least to some extent. And that's okay. What I would say here is what Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:3-4...
"the time is coming..." and is now here, of course,
"...when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths." You would say that right back at me, I'm sure. Well... fair enough, but... <
smile>
Grace and peace to you.