Only Receiving My Partial Tax Refund

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, my tax return was selected for review and they are going to ask for more information about me having my kids and my eligibility for the child tax credit and the earned income tax credit.

I have been claiming my kids since my daughter was born in 2012 and after their mom and I divorced in 2016 as my divorce decree allowed me to do so as my ex-wife doesn't work due to disability. So, I thought that meant I could say that they were with me the majority of the year even if they weren't as the divorce decree allowed me to claim them.

Now that I am doing research, that apparently isn't the case.

My girlfriend and family say that it was an honest mistake and the IRS will work with me, even if I owe money back to them. My issue is that I just started not having to live paycheck to paycheck with the new job and now I feel like I am going to be doing just that once again.

At that point, I won't want to work since I am working not to have a roof over my head, or my kid's heads when they visit or food in our stomach, but to pay their mom child support and the government back.

I was finally starting to feel like I could actually provide a life for my kids and my girlfriend when we got married, and now not so much.

I am really worried and scared.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that. Praying for you.

Thank you, even now my girlfriend is telling me that it will all be alright, but I don't have that feeling. I don't want to go back to having $250-$300 paychecks every two weeks again. I couldn't live on that now even if I wanted to live on it.

I feel like my life is done. I am going to lose my apartment. My kids, etc...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things will work out if you don't give up hope.
Believe me, you never know what tomorrow will bring.
I was talking with another member here....
I mentioned maybe buying a Gimble and getting a You Tube channel.
Walk around and show the world what it's like in your world.
It's amazing how many people send money to live feeds.

I don't know what you do for work, maybe you can work that into your videos..kind of like a teacher of a trade.

Some people just do live feeds and talk about the current events and their views and opinions on them.
Most people just want a place they can go and talk and have their voices heard..
and they pay good money for that.

Just an idea...
Hugs

iu

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't know what you do for work, maybe you can work that into your videos..kind of like a teacher of a trade.

Some people just do live feeds and talk about the current events and their views and opinions on them.
Most people just want a place they can go and talk and have their voices heard..

Just an idea...
Hugs

iu

I work for a plasma donation center and the donors are protected by HIPAA. So, good idea, but not one that I can do with my job.

I am also not an interesting person. I don't have charisma. I wanted to do videos on the one video game that I play, but my girlfriend said it would likely bomb because I don't have charisma. Don't really care to talk about current events on YouTube.

Thanks for the suggestions, but being on YouTube isn't for everyone apparently.

Reactions: Ziggy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, even now my girlfriend is telling me that it will all be alright, but I don't have that feeling. I don't want to go back to having $250-$300 paychecks every two weeks again. I couldn't live on that now even if I wanted to live on it.

Hopefully the IRS will be easy on you. Somehow I doubt it though. Hang in there. God rewards those that help themselves and you do that. I totally feel for your position.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust God brother, I too very recently was about to have myself admitted as, I feared what I would do to myself. But, as usual God came through big time. Once that was taken care or, actually happened less than a week ago I got up to once again, a flood in my basement...dryer floating, water getting ever closer to the part of water heater that went out a few years back. I was ready to react badly when I REMEMBERED what He had JUST done for me, that stopped me in my tracks and, I'm like, "Hey, I do NOT have to worry about this thing that is beyond my control, because God is always faithful, then I put a small smile on my face and went to bed asking and believing that the waters would go down and not get higher like the time 4 or so years back. I did have to replace the dryer but, got a good used one :) He is the God of impossibilities, get yourself into a quiet area at home and just seek Him, tell Him what you are fearing and that you KNOW that our Father in heaven is our Jehovah Jira. It is when we totally rest in Him and His timing that He comes through...it's not always very easy, but can be done.
Put a little smile on your face because, He is GOING to come through for you brother. I am praying for you and the situation!

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't feed those thoughts that empower the IRS. Feed your faith and trust that God knows your heart even when you fill out tax returns. The power of God is superior to all man made institutions.
Joining others in prayers for you and your family. Don't worry! It never works for the good. Trust in God. That always does.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am also not an interesting person. I don't have charisma.
Moses felt the same way...
Just sayin :D

Maybe you can take some courses at a local community college and have your taxes deferred?
I don't know what your passion is, but if your into gaming, mabe you can learn how to make your own games.
I remember something about people being paid to try out games.
I'm not a gamer.
How To Get Paid To Play Games (18 Best Apps, Websites, and Jobs)

At this point, I'm thinking, it might be better to get a green thumb and start taking up gardening.
:rolleyes:

Prayers and Hugs

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Just an idea...
Hugs

iu
@Ziggy You know, a thought comes to mind that reading Scripture and what it says proves in the end more up to date and relevant than a live feed... :)