Alcohol-induced insomina

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am posting here because I need advice with alcoholism. It’s ruining my life, and right now I’m experiencing alcohol-induced insomnia. It’s 3:00 something in the morning, yet I cannot return to sleep despite being tired, sluggish, and not able to move much. I tried sitting in the shower, letting warm water run across my body to induce sleepiness, but to no avail: I still can’t sleep because of my alcohol problem.

I’ve also been experiencing vivid experiences that seem absolutely real; even the rational part of me thinks it’s real. My daughters from a hell world came to my bedside dressed as Disney cartoons. They made fun of me, and two of them attacked my testicles for no obvious reason. Yet I am a virgin with no girlfriend before, and God told me that I won’t meet my future wife for another three or so years. I don’t actually have kids right now. Granted I didn’t take my schizophrenia medicine before going to bed at around 10:30 earlier, and that makes these experiences seem even more vivid, but the alcohol-induced insomnia is probably compounding everything.

Speaking about compounding problems, I can’t get my ADD pills and anxiety pills until next Wednesday morning. Unfortunately I’ve been misusing. I did talk to my mom about it, and she promised to help monitor my use when I pick up my refills later in the week. But still, it’s four days from now, and going through alcohol detox without a boost from ADD pills and anxiety pills is going to make things more miserable.

Some people have suggested going to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings to get help for my issue. I have done so before, but it doesn’t seem to work. AA isn’t really a clinical approach to treating alcoholism; it’s more akin to a spiritual/religious approach, and that doesn’t work for me with this particular problem. I need something more clinical but don’t know where to go.

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has given me many visions of the future, all of them accurate. In one such vision, I was shown at the age of 37 after having undergone plastic surgery on my face (specifically forehead, brows, hairline, and upper lip), my hair bleached blonde and new appearance looking radiantly stunning. God has shown me other visions of me and my future wife; we had like seven kids in these pictures, the majority of them pretty daughters. We also owned a futuristic-looking mansion overlooking a beach in California where the weather and scenery is much more beautiful compared to my current residence.

But here is the major issue…

If I can’t conquer my alcoholism problem, none of these visions will come to fruition. I could die of renal failure at an early age or otherwise suffer from some other fatal alcohol-related condition. Admittedly I am a heavy drinker, and yeah, I have a slighter issue with pills (and I do wish to emphasize the term “slighter” here because it’s more minor compared to my alcoholism). I just want to get better.

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fortunately I was able to get some sleep. I needed it badly, and no doubt God worked a miracle to make it happen. It’s important not to take God’s compassion for granted and go on to get drunk out of my mind again—such an opportunity may not arise the next day if I do.

God understands I have a problem, and because of it he said I *could* drink if I wanted instead of abstaining entirely, but the drinking must take place at six in the evening or later and be limited to one glass of wine or one of any drink of my choice of about equal ABV. His suggestion took a lot of weight off my shoulders, but still, I want to abstain from alcohol forever. If a prophesied financial miracle happens later this month, then it’s important for me to seek treatment at a recovery facility. A nice one especially, not a place full of junkies, criminals, and rednecks. I’ll look into it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am posting here because I need advice with alcoholism. It’s ruining my life, and right now I’m experiencing alcohol-induced insomnia. It’s 3:00 something in the morning, yet I cannot return to sleep despite being tired, sluggish, and not able to move much. I tried sitting in the shower, letting warm water run across my body to induce sleepiness, but to no avail: I still can’t sleep because of my alcohol problem.

Alcohol is a stimulant and the thing is that it can knock you out for a while in an alcohol induced stupor so that you seem to sleep easily for a while but as it is alcohol induced it's nor real restful sleep. It only knocks you out for so long but then the stimulant keeps you awake.

I hope you can find your way through. Have you considered AA?