Open Discussion of UR Chapter Five - When Was Hell Invented?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great input, thank you. I think you miss read the last part tho. I do not claim anything to be exclusive rather the added perspective always gives a higher awareness. Christianity in conjunction with Gnostic teachings or anything else for that matter gives us a greater perspective. When we sit on our porch and view the landscape and Gods creation we have one perapective. When we view it from another location we widen our perspective and ultimately our understanding. Great reply thank you.
Higher awareness....only that it is a window into seeing what some Christians were thinking and believing in those early time periods.
I support speculation as long as it does not directly contradict the Bible.
But it does not take much to be in contradiction of the Catholic Church because it was messed up from the get go.
Secret knowledge....that is a discussion....the name of the Holy Spirit was never given. But for the most part secrets paths to salvation would not be beneficial or even the intent of Christ or the Apostles as they worked at spreading the Gospel of salvation.

I can give examples but some writings were labeled Gnostic and they were not....which adds to the confusion.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Higher awareness....only that it is a window into seeing what some Christians were thinking and believing in those early time periods.
I support speculation as long as it does not directly contradict the Bible.
But it does not take much to be in contradiction of the Catholic Church because it was messed up from the get go.
Secret knowledge....that is a discussion....the name of the Holy Spirit was never given. But for the most part secrets paths to salvation would not be beneficial or even the intent of Christ or the Apostles as they worked at spreading the Gospel of salvation.

I can give examples but some writings were labeled Gnostic and they were not....which adds to the confusion.
Different perspectives are completely necessary. We even must learn about evil so we are aware of their methodology. Being otherwise is termed ignorant. Knowlage is neither good nor evil, it is neutral. It comes down to the person and what they do with that knowlage that determines the nature.

If we possess Truth and want to keep it to ourself so that we can use it to our advantage this is what we call a false light as deception always contains an element of Truth.

When we possess Truth and simply don't share it because we consider it a valuable possession, this then becomes darkness as the Truth has been concealed. Or when Truth gets hidden by those that want to controle.

Mt 5:15-16: "No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father."

Last edited: