Operation Christmas Child

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They truly are,
I'm astounded at the huge amounts of donations, everything brand new. The largest of the 4 campuses is located in an area where some of the more "affluent" brothers and sisters live and boy, do they give some awesome quality gifts. Practical for the most part but, many toys as well!
If you go online to Samaritan's Purse's website, you can watch testimonies by kids who have received shoeboxes. I'm always amazed at how many children say that the box is the first gift they have ever received. We never know how children may be impacted by one small gift.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you go online to Samaritan's Purse's website, you can watch testimonies by kids who have received shoeboxes. I'm always amazed at how many children say that the box is the first gift they have ever received. We never know how children may be impacted by one small gift.

For sure, most things Western kids would toss, these kids cherish, it is awesome to see their faces ❤

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For sure, most things Western kids would toss, these kids cherish, it is awesome to see their faces ❤
On the SP website, there is a testimony by a girl who is an adult now. She showed a stuffed toy and a pair of flip-flops she had received years ago. She will cherished them. :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is local, I can participate in handing all the packaged family gifts directly to the people :)

That is what I was thinking is the one thing missing from sending gift boxes overseas. Those giving the gifts don't get to personally operate in giving and receiving with those they are giving to. :) But it's still pretty neat.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what I was thinking is the one thing missing from sending gift boxes oversees. Those giving the gifts don't get to personally operate in giving and receiving with those they are giving to. :) But it's still pretty neat.
You can write a personal note and put it in the box.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can write a personal note and put it in the box.

Yes, I know. Just not quite the same. But then, everyone actually traveling there just isn't feasible. Maybe taking lap tops and setting up Skype calls so they could at least see one another's faces... I just believe personal interaction is what gives everyone the most joy out of it, and thus gives it the most spiritual power. But it's still a wonderful program. I was thinking of how much more grateful poor children are. No fighting, no coveting. Just thankful.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the SP website, there is a testimony by a girl who is an adult now. She showed a stuffed toy and a pair of flip-flops she had received years ago. She will cherished them. :)

Hi @Prayer Warrior
Low and behold...our Church is also involved with Operation Christmas Child
! I did not know that as there are so many other ministries for the local poor, inmates, the families of them and other ones I did not have time to check out Sunday but, I can find all of that on their website...just wanted you to know I did take a box today and it will be made out to a girl. ❤

Last edited: