Original Sin (or sin nature) in the Bible:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think from the beginning we've been confronted with choices: Sin or don't sin. Either way, it's best not to sin.

The verses I put forth to you make it clear to me that mankind is by nature children of wrath because of Adam. Before Paul met Jesus Christ, and he was a Pharisee: We see Paul describe how he struggled with sin under the Old Law in Romans 7:14-24. As a Pharisee: Paul (Saul) said he was carnal and sold under sin. I believe that it is highly unlikely that we don’t have a sin nature from Adam, not only because it would be ignoring the verses I put forth to you, but it would also be ignoring the reality that somebody by statistical probability would have not sinned if they had no sin nature (i.e. their flesh was weak as Jesus said). See, God gave Adam and Eve a choice in the Garden. God would not give them a choice that they could not have obeyed.

Some folks may think it is unfair that we are born into sin, but we have to realize that we are a part of Adam and Eve. We see even in life a parent’s wrong choices affecting their children or offspring. A parent who is a drunk can pass his addiction to alcohol on to their offspring. David’s sins had led to the death of his son (that was not born). Sin is like a disease and it can spread to others. The choices we make can have a ripple effect upon others that are more far reaching they we can imagine.

Today, we are living in times when things are especially dark, and evil. Even so called Christianity justifies sin like unbelievers. They think they can serve the devil’s ways and not make Jesus their Lord. But Jesus makes it clear in Matthew 7:22-23, and Matthew 7:26-27 that those who don’t do what Jesus says are not going to make it into God’s Kingdom. I wish things were easier. I really do, but things are not as we wish them to be. Jesus said strive to enter the straight gate (Luke 13:24). Believers need to follow Jesus, or at the very least strive and battle to fight with every fiber of their being to make that a reality with God’s help. Yes, we need to be saved by God’s grace without works (Ephesians 2:8-9). That’s the entrance gate. We cannot save ourselves of our own power alone. God’s grace is what leads to God changing our hearts spiritually from the dark ways of the old man (i.e. Adam’s sin).

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verses I put forth to you make it clear to me that mankind is by nature children of wrath because of Adam. Before Paul met Jesus Christ, and he was a Pharisee: We see Paul describe how he struggled with sin under the Old Law in Romans 7:14-24. As a Pharisee: Paul (Saul) said he was carnal and sold under sin. I believe that it is highly unlikely that we don’t have a sin nature from Adam, not only because it would be ignoring the verses I put forth to you, but it would also be ignoring the reality that somebody by statistical probability would have not sinned if they had no sin nature (i.e. their flesh was weak as Jesus said). See, God gave Adam and Eve a choice in the Garden. God would not give them a choice that they could not have obeyed.

Some folks may think it is unfair that we are born into sin, but we have to realize that we are a part of Adam and Eve. We see even in life a parent’s wrong choices affecting their children or offspring. A parent who is a drunk can pass his addiction to alcohol on to their offspring. David’s sins had led to the death of his son (that was not born). Sin is like a disease and it can spread to others. The choices we make can have a ripple effect upon others that are more far reaching they we can imagine.

Today, we are living in times when things are especially dark, and evil. Even so called Christianity justifies sin like unbelievers. They think they can serve the devil’s ways and not make Jesus their Lord. But Jesus makes it clear in Matthew 7:22-23, and Matthew 7:26-27 that those who don’t do what Jesus says are not going to make it into God’s Kingdom. I wish things were easier. I really do, but things are not as we wish them to be. Jesus said strive to enter the straight gate (Luke 13:24). Believers need to follow Jesus, or at the very least strive and battle to fight with every fiber of their being to make that a reality with God’s help. Yes, we need to be saved by God’s grace without works (Ephesians 2:8-9). That’s the entrance gate. We cannot save ourselves of our own power alone. God’s grace is what leads to God changing our hearts spiritually from the dark ways of the old man (i.e. Adam’s sin).
Either way, we sometimes have a decision to make: either we sin or we don't.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either way, we sometimes have a decision to make: either we sin or we don't.

I agree. I believe a true genuine believer in Jesus Christ will always seek to fight and battle to not sin and to overcome sin in this life with the help of GOD. It’s unfortunate that we are living in a time when even self professing Christians think the right thing to do is to justify sin under God’s grace. Granted, we are not better just because we have chosen to take the way of escape God has provided us. Only God is good alone and His good ways (good works) is what works through our lives. For we are nothing and Christ is everything. Praise be unto the Lord Jesus.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I believe that the important thing in understanding Original Sin is that… we can associate with the last Adam (Jesus Christ), and we don’t have to associate with… the first Adam and his sin. I believe it is important to understand that if we place ourselves in Christ, we are a new creature and the old man (Adam and his sinful ways) will begin to fall away from our lives the more we walk and abide in Christ. We will see the reality of just how bad sin is, and it should be all the more we should want to cling to Christ.

To not see Original Sin can make us think we are not all that bad or sinful. But all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and thus… this is why we need a Savior. We cannot save ourselves. Original Sin shows the reality of what kingdom you want to associate with. Original Sin shows us that being of the old man of Adam will enslave you to sin, and that being in Christ will set you free to serve righteousness and His good ways (Which is liberty, love, joy, and peace).

Many today are quick to take that which is good (Jesus Christ can forgive of our past sins), but some are not willing to face the music in that they were condemned in Adam. Jesus is the Savior of the whole world. We are ultimately not our own saviors. Without Christ, we can do nothing (John 15:5). Without Jesus, we would be condemned in Adam and his sin.

So to not understand Original Sin is to think we are inherently good, and so our trust in what is good is misplaced. We can think we are good when only God alone is good. Man is fallen, and God can only help man out of His fallen state. For many unbelievers in this world think they are not all that bad (morally speaking). But all have fallen short of the glory of God. While believers are to live righteously after they are saved by God’s grace (as part of God’s plan of salvation), a person is not helped by a “do good program” alone. An unbeliever will not be completely delivered by all forms of sin by such a program. What they need is God’s grace and they need Jesus Christ to provide to them that radical and spiritual change in their life. But if they don’t think they are not that bad and they are good, then their trust is in the wrong place. Their trust for what is good should only be in God alone.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There's NO Special SIN NATURE. There's only HUMAN NATURE that Adam Had, Jesus had, and I have. Adam's "Nature" never changed - only his envorinment did, and neither A, or E were ever CURSED. only two things were cursed - the serpent, and the earth. Adam followed the sequence of temptation conceived, resulting in SIN, just like I have, and you have. Jesus, however, didn't allow HIS temptation to conceive, and thus remained SINLESS.
There's no SIN NATURE

While GOD did not verbally use the word curse with Adam and Eve in the garden, we know that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law and that He was made a curse for us.

Galatians 3:10-14
“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).

Death is the curse of the law.

We do know by Scripture that in Adam all die, and in Christ all shall be made alive.
Dying by being Adam is not a good thing by any means. It’s a curse.
Anyone who abides in the old man (the sin of Adam) will face the second death, i.e. the Lake of Fire (Which is a curse).
Anyone who abides in the new man (Jesus Christ) will have everlasting life in God’s Kingdom (Which is a blessing).

Adam and Eve brought sin into the world, and thereby death (a curse) upon mankind. But that does not mean mankind was without any hope. The Savior was promised to save mankind from the curse of the law. We have to trust the Savior and not ourselves. For we are nothing, and Christ is everything.

But the moment we think we are not all that bad (Which is what the denial of Original Sin is about), we fall into the false “man is good syndrome” when Jesus said God alone is good. A person must be saved first by God’s grace without works, and then they must enter the Sanctification Process of the Holy Spirit as a part of God’s plan of salvation. The Sanctification of the Holy Spirit is to live a holy life and in doing good works, and putting away sin, etcetera. But all of this is GOD doing the good work through the believer. So all praise and glory goes unto GOD and not ourselves. God created mankind upright. This was Adam and not Eve, and not their fallen children.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ORIGINAL SIN

Adam and Eve were the first humans to sin. When they disobeyed God by eating from “the tree of the knowledge of good and bad,” they committed what many call the original sin.(Genesis 2:16, 17; 3:6; Romans 5:19) That tree was off-limits to Adam and Eve because it represented God’s authority, or right, to decide what is right and wrong for humans. By eating from the tree, Adam and Eve took matters into their own hands, choosing to decide for themselves what is right and wrong. In doing so, they rejected God’s moral authority.
It was a lack of faith in the True God YHWH that caused both Adam and Eve to be disobedient

Because they sinned, Adam and Eve grew old and finally died. They ruined their friendship with God and lost the prospect of living forever in perfect health. Genesis 3:19.

Adam and Eve passed on their sinful condition to all their descendants. This is similar to the way human parents pass on genetic defects. (Romans 5:12) Thus, all humans have been born “in sin,” meaning that we are born imperfect and inclined toward error. Psalm 51:5; Ephesians 2:3.

Because of inherited sin, or imperfection, we get sick, grow old, and die. (Romans 6:23) We also suffer the consequences of our own errors and those of others.Ecclesiastes 8:9; James 3:2.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Original Sin
(Adam’s sin or the sin nature
passed down upon mankind)

in the Bible:

Genesis 8:21 - Then the Lord said in His heart, "I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.
Job 15:14-16 - What is man, that he could be pure? And he who is born of a woman, that he could be righteous? If God puts not trust in His saints, and the heavens are not pure in His sight, how much less man, who is abominable and filthy, who drinks iniquity like water!
Psalms 14:1-3 - The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand who seek God. They have all turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is none who does good, no, not one.
Psalms 51:5 - Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.
Psalms 58:1-5 - Do you indeed speak righteousness, you silent ones? Do you judge uprightly, you sons of men? No, in heart you work wickedness; you weigh out the violence of your hands in the earth. The wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
Jeremiah 17:9 - The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned– 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
Ephesians 2:1 “And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.”
1 Corinthians 15:22
“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.”
Hebrews 7:9
“And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.”
Original Sin

Was first committed by Lucifer, and then by Eve, and then by Adam, and then by every man in the world, except for Jesus.

The origin of sin is spiritual beings created by God with power to choose good or evil, who have chosen to commit evil against God, rather than choosing good with God.

(Adam’s sin or the sin nature passed down upon mankind) In the Bible:

The title shows the error, because in the Bible read as written:

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Christians quote the Scripture wrong, because of the power of false tradition to read Scripture with a veil of tradition over the eyes.

I used to do the same, until someone argued against being born with sin nature, which was strange to me, and so I was compelled to read the Scripture accurately, and realized the error of the tradition.

Scripture obviously does not say sin has passed 'down' upon all men, as though by birth, but death passes upon all me, and not even by birth, but by sinning.

The only thing that dies by birth is mortal flesh, that is made that way by Christ from the beginning, including all things of nature, whether celestial or terrestrial.

This heaven and earth itself will pass away:

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Souls only die to Christ by sinning, and bodies of flesh and blood die by being made mortal.

No child is born a sinner because of any mother or father, much ,less because of some sinner thousands of years ago.

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

The unbelieving Jews believed their tradition of being born sinners, and used it to reject a true witness of Jesus' healing work.

They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

Jesus corrected the Jews' false tradition plainly:

And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

No man is born by sin, nor is the body born blind because of sin.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why we must be born again spiritually.
All men must be born again to be reconciled to God, for all men have sinned, except Jesus.

All men separate themselves from God by sinning, not by being made nor born that way by Christ.

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Christ is not the Creator nor Maker of anything sinful. That's the lie of the devil, who wants men to think he is now their maker, and all men are in bondage to him as his children from the womb.

The only one that makes sin is the sinner, whether angel or man, and he does so by creating his own lust to be enticed to sin against God:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

And so once again, Scripture shows how death only passes upon men that sin, not upon babes covered in flesh in the womb by Christ. No soul of man from the first Adam was ever made spiritually dead and separated from God by Jesus Christ. Rather all souls of men are created wonderfully alive and clean, and are lightened by Christ coming into the world, to love God and please Him, not to hate God and sin against Him.

All creatures are made by God for His good pleasure, which does not include making them enemies of His from birth, so that He can then take joy in judging them for doing what He made them born to do.

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

If Christ were indeed the maker of sinners from the womb, then He could indeed be accused of being the tempter for men to sin. Scripture rebukes that lie specifically to show how all men sin because of their own lust, not because of their birth from the seed of man.

That would make Jesus a born sinner in the womb, because His body was made by the Spirit from the seed of Adam by Seth, Noah, Abraham, and David, in the fleshy womb of Mary.

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Ezekiel 18:20 and Deuteronomy 24:6 - we read the Father/Childrens sins are not transferred.
In 2 Kings 14:6 we read each man becomes guilty when they sin, not before and will be punished for their own sins not the sins of the parents.
In Jeremiah 31:30- each man will die for their own sins/trespasses/ iniquities.
in Ezekiel 18:4- death only happens when one sins. The one who sins will die.

Its why babies are innocent since they have not sinned.

hope this helps !!!
It's true of course, but it won't help dislodge favorite traditions from Bible readers, whether Jew or Christian.

They will say a dozen times that sin 'passed down' upon all men from Adam, and then quote the Scripture they get that from, that says no such thing.

It truly is amazing how the veil of tradition can so plainly blind people when reading Scripture.

Watching decent people get so wrapped up in their own traditions, has made me to purpose never to allow anything I may think is true, to be more important to me than God's word plainly written on paper.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: ChristisGod

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give book, chapter and verse how sin is transferred from a mans semen into child.
That of course makes Jesus born in sin the same as all men, since His body was also of the same seed of all men by David, Abraham, and Adam.

Where O where did you come up with that!?
Some people accept things from others they trust, and others indoctrinate themselves with much study, as we see here.

There is no way to reverse a person who puts so much time into believing something, because pride is too strong to say, "Oops, all those hours and days of effort gone to waste."

My manner is rather to learn from the lesson of exactly how I have gotten something so wrong, so as to avoid it in the future.

Paul spent a couple years in further Arabia doing the same thing, by learning how the he and the others leaders had gotten Scripture so wrong by their own traditions.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There's NO Special SIN NATURE. There's only HUMAN NATURE that Adam Had, Jesus had, and I have. Adam's "Nature" never changed - only his envorinment did, and neither A, or E were ever CURSED. only two things were cursed - the serpent, and the earth. Adam followed the sequence of temptation conceived, resulting in SIN, just like I have, and you have. Jesus, however, didn't allow HIS temptation to conceive, and thus remained SINLESS.

There's no SIN NATURE

True. The nature of man's flesh is the same as all flesh on earth: Mortal.

All natural creation is made mortal by Christ, whether the stars or the hills or the living creatures on earth.

The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.

There's nothing sinful nor righteous about flesh, grass, or dust.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While GOD did not verbally use the word curse with Adam and Eve in the garden, we know that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law and that He was made a curse for us.

This is the ridiculousness of blind tradition: Trying to come up with a curse upon man of being born with sin nature, by referring to them cursed by transgressing the law of God.

No babe in the womb is a transgressor of anything, much a law that can't even be thought of yet to trasngress.

The Scripture plainly says that death passes upon men, that sin and transgress against Christ.

Since all sin is transgression of the law, then a sin nature would be a transgression nature.

How does a nature know what the law is, in order to transgress it?

Blind tradition is empowered pride of learned pseudo-knowledge. There is no sense to it at all, and the more the blind argue for it, the more ridiculous does their reasoning become.

Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

If someone will love Scripture more than their own favorite ideas and imagination, then the Spirit of truth certainly can guide us into all truth of God's word.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All unrighteousness is sin.

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

And so, this sin nature is an unrighteousness nature and transgression of law nature: an evil nature and children of the devil.

The problem with false traditions, is that they are taught in a watered-down manner, so as to make it more drinkable by the ignorant.

Why don't they teach it like it is? Evil has passed upon all men, because all men are evil babes and children of the devil from the womb.

Do they tell their children that they are a bunch of little devils from birth? Or do they wait a while, to let them think themselves blessed to be born?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since all sinning is transgression of the law of Christ, then for there to be a sinful transgressing nature put into all men at birth, then that would make Christ the Lawgiver to make men contrary to His own law.

Christ makes all things according to His law, except when it comes to man, whom He makes transgressors of His law from the womb?

This sin nature tradition goes all the way back to the unbelieving Jews of old, who still reject Jesus as Christ, in order to cling to their own traditions: Pride.

They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

I thank God neither of my parents were particularly religious, nor tried to teach me anything from the Bible. At least I wasn't raised up being told I was a child of the devil by birth.

I was able to enjoy my childhood and love life.

I say this boogeyman doctrine is used by some to scare little children into being born again.

How in the world can hypocrites try to tell their little children they are an heritage of the Lord, by being born children of the devil?

It is plain that many Christians, that hold to this foolish tradition as just a matter of words and ideas, but do not practice it with their children.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's true of course, but it won't help dislodge favorite traditions from Bible readers, whether Jew or Christian.

They will say a dozen times that sin 'passed down' upon all men from Adam, and then quote the Scripture they get that from, that says no such thing.

It truly is amazing how the veil of tradition can so plainly blind people when reading Scripture.

Watching decent people get so wrapped up in their own traditions, has made me to purpose never to allow anything I may think is true, to be more important to me than God's word plainly written on paper.

Keep up the good work.
Yes ain't that the Gods honest truth. As Jesus said: you make void the word of God by your traditions.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the end of Romans 4:6.
God imputes righteousness without works in Romans 4:6.
This is a reality we have to face in Scripture.
No, I am not one of those Sin and still Be Saved Salvationists who uses 1 John 1:8 as an excuse that we must sin at least on occasion this side of Heaven.
I believe we have to follow after holiness without which no man shall see the LORD (Hebrews 12:14).
But this is after we are first saved by God’s grace.

Romans 4:6 is dealing with our Initial Salvation. God imputes His righteousness to us from the cross when we are first saved by God’s grace and mercy believing the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. This is a process of salvation without works that takes place in our Initial Salvation. Paul was arguing against the heresy of Circumcision Salvationism (Just read the ending chapter of Romans 2, and then read Romans 3:1, and then read Romans 4:9-12, and then read Galatians 5:2, and then read Acts 15:1, Acts 15:5, and Acts 15:24). There were folks who thought they had to first be circumcised in order to be initially saved. This is what Paul was fighting against in many of his letters. So the topic of discussion in context is Initial Salvation.

Anyways, my point here is that if God imputes righteousness without works in our Initial Salvation, then the door swings both ways.
In Adam, all die (1 Corinthians 15:22).
That’s Scripture.
If you are in Adam, your dead.
Your body is going to die because of sin that Adam brought forth and spread to all his descendants.
Adam brought sin into this world and brought death by sin.
Hence, why you need to be in Christ in order to have His imputed righteousness in order to live again by the power of His glorious resurrection.
No Jesus, and your dead.

Yes, I do realize that babies who die are saved by Christ’s sacrifice. Jesus is the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
No doubt about it. But Adam brought the guarantee of physical death to us by his disobedience. For Adam obeyed, he would have eventually ate of the tree of life and lived forever. But seeing that did not happen, physical death is our fate now and that is due to sin. The wages of sin is death. Adam brought death to his descendants. But we can live by abiding in the Last Adam (Jesus Christ).

Abide in Christ today and love Him with everything you got.
Love Him for He is the Lord God Almighty in the flesh who is the Savior of men.

Side Note:

Oh, I also wanted to say that when a baby grows up to be old enough to sin, then they are separated from the LORD, and this is where they have to be born again spiritually by accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people don’t have a problem with accepting good things.
So if the LORD imputes righteousness to us without works (they generally do not have a problem with that) unless they are so bent on taking Sanctification (Holy living) to an extreme that it cancels out His grace In some way. Yes, Sanctification of the Holy Spirit is a part of God’s plan of salvation. A Christian who lives out his or her faith needs to live holy in this life or they will not make it into God’s Kingdom. But the point here is that many do not like it when it comes to accepting the bad news. People don’t want to face the music in that Adam made them to be a child of wrath as Scripture says. We were sons of disobedience before coming to the LORD. Again, that’s Scripture. Adam was the key player in that happening.

So I see the denial of Adam’s sin affecting the human race in that it corrupts us in some way as not wanting to face the music or the reality we live in and not wanting to see what the Bible plainly says. It’s hard to admit when bad news comes upon our lives. But that’s all the more reasons to cling to Jesus Christ and His words and the life that they offer.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as original sin in the bible
Well, there were the first ones to sin against God: Lucifer was the first angel to sin, and Adam was the first man to sin.

And then there is the first time anyone sins on earth in their lives.

Angels and men create our own sins.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Many verses speak to the fact that men are sinners and are wicked but no verse says man is unconditionally, innately born that way. Men are sinners and wicked for men choose to sin. God cannot justly, rightly condemn men for how men are innately born no more than one who was born blind be rightly, justly condemned for not seeing.

Rom 4:15 if there were no law, there would be no transgression
1 Jn 3:4 sin is transgression of the law

According to what the Bible says about sin, for a person to be a sinner there must be a law and that law must be transgressed eliminating the idea of original sin. Furthermore, from Rom 7:8-9 only those who are accountable to God's law can be sinners meaning infants and those born with mental disabilities are not accountable for they are without law therefore sin is dead to them.

Reactions: robert derrick