OSAS Declares Jesus not Enough Not to Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know. That's why we condemn your blasphemy against Jesus and eternal salvation.
Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Jesus is not a part-time Lord and God. Not a partial Savior from only some sinning, but not all.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

All the time, nor part of the time.

They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although we know by all the sinning OSAS says they can not stop doing, that Jesus is not enough to stop them from their sinning, nor anyone else, but until now none of them have openly said it.

Now one of them says Jesus and His love is a good antidote for sinning less, but not a perfect One. At any time Christians can be sinning less, but at no time can any Christian not be sinning at all.

Jesus the good Physician is indeed pretty good, just not Perfect.

And so now the obvious is plainly spoken: the OSAS Christ is only capable of less sinning.

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Im not OSAS but to be fair what do you mean can a saved person go their whole life without sinning a doubt it. this talks about that.

1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this talks about that.

1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

That’s why you must do the next verse:

“…confess our sins, [and] he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

And then you fulfill this scripture if you obey unto righteousness (Romans 6:16):

“Everyone who has been born of God does not commit sin… and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“…confess our sins, [and] he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

And then you fulfill this scripture if you obey unto righteousness (Romans 6:16):

“Everyone who has been born of God does not commit sin… and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.” (1 John 3:9)

As well and the next verse after that
1 John 1:10
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As well and the next verse after that
1 John 1:10
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Of course.

We HAVE (past tense) all sinned.

But born againers do not anymore. They endure suffering wrongfully for Christ’s sake:

“For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.” (1 Peter 3:17)

They CEASE from sin:

“…he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;” (1 Peter 4:1)

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

You missed the earlier verse on 1 John 1:But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
1 John 1 is teaching about repentance to people being brought the gospel. Which is why it is telling them, if they say they have no sin, when the ones hearing the gospel may think repentance doesn't apply to them because they have no sin.

What it is not is the redeemed in Christ have sin in them.
If that were true Jesus then did not cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This chapter also refutes those who blaspheme the holy spirit in saying Jesus/God had a sin nature.

Walking in the Light

1John 1: 5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

When we are redeemed from sin,saved, we are cleansed from all unrighteousness.

If someone thinks we have to repent perpetually everytime we sin after that or we're not saved from sin, then we're calling Jesus false because that would mean we are not cleansed from all unrighteousness if we can become unrighteous again.
1 John 1 ESV

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the context for Hebrews 10:26 ( 23-29 cxt )

LET US HOLD FAST THE PROFESSION OF OUR FAITH without wavering; ( for he is faithful that promised; )
And let us CONSIDER ONE ANOTHER TO PROVOKE UNTO LOVE AND GOOD WORKS:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but EXHORTING ONE ANOTHER: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and firey indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Mose's law died without mercy under two or three witnesses.
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Does the Spirit NOT lead ALL unto the TRUTH ?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb.10 :39 ( cxt 36-39)

For ye have need of patience, that, AFTER YE HAVE DONE THE WILL OF GOD, ye might receive the promise.
For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Now the just shall live by faith: but if ANY MAN DRAW BACK, MY SOUL SHALL HAVE NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

The word of God is plain, it does not need private interpertation ! This equates to what Jesus said if a man puts his hand to the plough and looks back ,he is unfit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:60-62.

Saved, accepted Christ as redeemer, received the gift of salvation, having made a profession of faith in following Jesus as his disciple !

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wolves don't preach against sinning with the devil at any time, but instead preach doing righteousness at all times.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Well at leasat you recognize you are a wolf in sheeps clothing. As long as you preach sinless perfection or you are not saved- you are a false teacher or as you said above- a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I never preach a license to sin. As a die hard 5 point Calvinist, I preach holiness with aq vengeance. And with that holiness I preach on the mercies and grace and forgiveness of the god who loves us unconditionally.

You preach God is practicing human love when you say He will take back what you never deserved nor could deserve.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well at leasat you recognize you are a wolf in sheeps clothing. As long as you preach sinless perfection or you are not saved- you are a false teacher or as you said above- a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I never preach a license to sin. As a die hard 5 point Calvinist, I preach holiness with aq vengeance. And with that holiness I preach on the mercies and grace and forgiveness of the god who loves us unconditionally.

You preach God is practicing human love when you say He will take back what you never deserved nor could deserve.
I don't argue with sinners anymore.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 18:9 - Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus's death is good enough to forgive all past sins confessed, His blood is pure enough to cleanse the soul from all sins, and His resurrection is powerful enough to keep His people from sinning at any time.

If we sin against Him, it is only because we do not believe He is good and powerful enough to prevent us from doing so.

He that is committing sin is of the devil; for the devil is sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Whosoever is born of God is not committing sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot be sinning, because he is born of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever not doing righteousness is not of God, neither he that is not loving his brother.

Nor is loving Jesus.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't argue with sinners anymore.

Neither do I, but it's great fun debating and discussing with them to set them straight..:)
"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel, instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will" (2 Timothy 2:23-26)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Although we know by all the sinning OSAS says they can not stop doing, that Jesus is not enough to stop them from their sinning,.

Can you post where 'OSAS" "SAYS" "they can't stop sinning.?

So you made something else up to TROLL the forum.
Can't you just be honest, instead?

Also, Paul said that He stopped sinning, and we are to understand what He understood which leads to this..

= "Christ ALWAYS gives me the Victory".....over sin, the flesh, the world, and the Devil.

If you had this deliverance that Paul teaches is available, you would not need to write Phony Threads that are just you making things up as you seem not to have anything better to do here.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus's death is good enough to forgive all past sins confessed, His blood is pure enough to cleanse the soul from all sins, and His resurrection is powerful enough to keep His people from sinning at any time.

If we sin against Him, it is only because we do not believe He is good and powerful enough to prevent us from doing so.

He that is committing sin is of the devil; for the devil is sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Whosoever is born of God is not committing sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot be sinning, because he is born of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever not doing righteousness is not of God, neither he that is not loving his brother.

Nor is loving Jesus.

Well so this sinner saved by Grace doesn't tempt you to leave your throne above Gods, I will make it easy for you. Welcome to my ignore list.

As Paul wrote:

Titus 3:10-11
King James Version

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Bye bye. May you find God as He is and not as you have made Him out to be. the two are different.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3:10-11
King James Version

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself

Is Titus 3:10-11 the way to witness to a lost soul? Would not 1 Peter 3:14-17 be much better if you can turn someone around who is lost? Just sayin'.

To God Be The Glory

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Titus 3:10-11 the way to witness to a lost soul? Would not 1 Peter 3:14-17 be much better if you can turn someone around who is lost? Just sayin'.

To God Be The Glory

But Robert claims to be a brother in christ. He preaches false doctrine. NO where are we told to treat false teachers with kid gloves. We are tpo speak the truth in love and that also0 means warning them of the disaster they face.

I wish no evil on him, but He is so determined to advance his false gospel, he must be warned in the bluntest of terms.