OSAS Declares Jesus not Enough Not to Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although we know by all the sinning OSAS says they can not stop doing, that Jesus is not enough to stop them from their sinning, nor anyone else, but until now none of them have openly said it.

Now one of them says Jesus and His love is a good antidote for sinning less, but not a perfect One. At any time Christians can be sinning less, but at no time can any Christian not be sinning at all.

Jesus the good Physician is indeed pretty good, just not Perfect.

And so now the obvious is plainly spoken: the OSAS Christ is only capable of less sinning.

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS declares how Jesus' death was perfect enough to unconditionally save and justify them forever, simply by believing He died on a cross, but His resurrection and manifestation in the Spirit, is not perfect enough to take away all their sinning, but just some of it, And maybe even even most of it, but certainly not all.

OSAS teaches an all-powerful death of Jesus, but a less than all-powerful resurrection.

In their minds, Jesus was powerful enough to fully save and justify them unconditionally forever 2000 years ago by dying on a cross, so that all they need do is to believe it, but He is not powerful enough to fully and completely deliver them from sinning, by rising from the dead and coming Personally with His Spirit to them that call upon Him.

The difference between elect Christian saints and OSAS christian sinners, is that of faith in Jesus' power today, and calling upon Him from a pure heart to not sin, vs calling upon His name from a sinful heart not to be judged.

The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Scripture teaches the divine power Christians have for all things in life to live godly and holily and blamelessly by knowing Jesus with the glory and virtue of His resurrection.

OSAS partakes of a Christ's nature that isn't do divine nor powerful to escape all the corruption of the world.

OSAS is Christianity of a lesser Christ. He's not Perfect enough an antidote for all sinning.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God.

Jesus' sacrifice was for all sins, OSAS' Christ is for some or much sinning, but not all.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can only get one conclusion from reading through the Scriptures honestly: every sin must go.

Even though OSAS and hyper grace tries to give full assurance of a believer's salvation, I had none when I believed it because I couldn't see the Fruit of the Spirit in my life.

God loves us and doesn't want us to die in our sins. Which is why Jesus died so we can have our past sins forgiven and stop being in bondage to sin.

Sin is slavery. That's why we as believers must put it to death.

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Although we know by all the sinning OSAS says they can not stop doing, that Jesus is not enough to stop them from their sinning, nor anyone else, but until now none of them have openly said it.

Now one of them says Jesus and His love is a good antidote for sinning less, but not a perfect One. At any time Christians can be sinning less, but at no time can any Christian not be sinning at all.

And so now the obvious is plainly spoken: the OSAS Christ is only capable of less sinning.

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
This is so true.

I would suggest they do not understand love or how love is a discussion about care, meaning and sensitivity.
In a marriage you do not stop being attracted to other partners, you choose to honour your commitments.
But being attracted to others is not sin, following it to intimacy is.
It is emotionally hard to separate the two but it is real.

The Lord washes us clean, but this does not mean we will not stumble or have issues to work through as we grow.
If the emphasis is on perfection or nothing, and not on the glorious relationship and growth into the Kingdom and eternity,
then little wonder these folk feel lost constantly because they have never grasped the nature of life or the promise Jesus
gives. The apostles understood this is a path, something that makes you different at the end from the beginning.
The nature of the walk is giving over everything to Him and seeing where it goes over time.
That takes real faith and trust, and is giving all we have.

Their reaction to me talking about love and the power of Jesus through this love, was to say I was satanic and following
satan. Jesus said simply those who cannot accept His words are not of the Kingdom. So in a sense it does not matter
because the blind can never see the path or know it.

God bless you

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can only get one conclusion from reading through the Scriptures honestly: every sin must go. Sin is slavery. That's why we as believers must put it to death.
Exactly. Christian saints have learned it is we who are to do it. OSAS sinners remain in perpetual babyhood, saying it's all up to Daddy to do it.

The one main difference between OSAS unrighteous sinners, and the elect righteous saints, is that OSAS removes themselves from doing anything to stop sinning, while the saints obey the law of the Spirit to do it now:

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Their talk of 'naturally' growing and sinning less, but never cease from sinning, is nothing but secular progressive humanism by grace, with an appearing of Christ to get jump-started.

There is nothing 'natural' about repenting of sinning and growing in the grace of Jesus Christ, but rather it is an ongoing spiritual warfare against principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places.

OSAS talk of only trusting in grace and Jesus' work on the cross, is just grace-speak for not trusting in grace and Jesus repent of sinning altogether, which becomes christian secular humanism of naturally getting better, while getting less worse: Doing both good and evil for life, but aspiring naturally to do more good than evil.

It is not by mistake, that we never ever hear of OSAS progressives speaking of spiritual warfare, They don't need it nor have any part in it, and so have no mind of the spirit of Christ to know it and do it.

And so, whenever any Christian speaks of purifying our hearts, and cleansing our minds continually of unwanted vain imagination for sinning, they call it unattainable perfectionism, and holier-than-thou self righteousness.

It is the same spirit of accusation as their fellow atheist secular humanists, Atheist secular humanists despise OSAS profession of faith toward God above, in order to naturally progress, and OSAS secular humanists despise having a perfect and pure heart of faith with Jesus Christ, by just repent of sinning altogether for His name's sake.

Atheist secular humanists have no cross, OSAS secular humanists have half a cross, and Christians saints have the same kind of cross as Jesus: the old man of sin crucified and dead once for all:

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Atheists seek to do their own will better, and OSAS aspires to do some of the will of God better, and there own will less, and Saints do the whole will of God with a pure heart.

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Atheists don't care about any any word of God, and OSAS doesn't care about any Scripture in letters, and saints in Christ Jesus love all the word of God as written in Scripture to do it:

I hate vain thoughts and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can only get one conclusion from reading through the Scriptures honestly: every sin must go.

Even though OSAS and hyper grace tries to give full assurance of a believer's salvation, I had none when I believed it because I couldn't see the Fruit of the Spirit in my life.

God loves us and doesn't want us to die in our sins. Which is why Jesus died so we can have our past sins forgiven and stop being in bondage to sin.

Sin is slavery. That's why we as believers must put it to death.
You and I come from different beginnings of faith in Jesus, one OSAS and the other Holiness Pentecostalism, and neither whole and complete in Christ. One a sinning publican continually beating the breast, and the other a righteous Pharisee glad not to be a publican sinner.

You were taught to trust only in grace, and never knew the blessedness of not sinning with the devil, and I was taught to trust only in grace to stop sinning outwardly.

Neither of us knew the perfect peace and true blessedness of being pure in heart, and clean in mind through the good fight of the spirit.

Now, we can have both through grace by Jesus' faith inwardly and outwardly.

We are being saved by grace through faith, and we are being justified by grace through works of faith, spiritually within the platter first, and outwardly in the flesh.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

Jesus is the Word of God.
Christ is the Power of God.

You can hear, read, repeat Jesus’ Word all day long and still be “in your sinful body”, and commit sin.
(Evidenced repeatedly on this forum.)

It was Jesus’ Body given ONCE for man.
It was Jesus’ Body that died ONCE.
It is a man who gives his own body ONCE unto death WITH Jesus.
It was Christ Jesus’ Body that was risen up ONCE.
It is a Saved man who has ONCE risen up IN and WITH Christ Jesus’ body and power.

It is a ONE time EVENT that effects an ASSURED Promise TO THE SAVED, FOREVER
“WITH” the Lord God Almighty.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So very wrong once again!

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are more than enough to never have to sin again if people followed 24/7. We don't, that is why there is this thing called forgiveness.

The God of the Bible renews His mercy to us every morning! sorry about yours.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are more than enough to never have to sin again if people followed 24/7. We don't, that is why there is this thing called forgiveness.

You would have never made it into the promised land.

“Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.” (Numbers 14:22-24)

“No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62)

Reactions: robert derrick

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

… no it doesn’t. It just says “if you start to fall, Jesus will catch you, so you will not be lost.”

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus cannot forgive sin?

After you have trodden on Him?

“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would have never made it into the promised land.

“Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.” (Numbers 14:22-24)

“No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62)

Well misapplying verses will always get you to a wrong conclusion. but I would have made it! Why do you think Israel had sin offerings and the church has 1 JOhn 1:9?

Do you think you are sinlessly perfect?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it does not.

You are under the wrong impression.

To the contrary, just as Jesus carried the evidence of a world of sins after being crucified until He ascended, we too carry the evidence of a life of sins until we ascend. Until then, as it is written, we are "alive and remain."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29)

That verse is talking to unsaved Jews, in the book of Hebrews., not to the born again believers.
Paul preaches Christ to them again, in Acts 28, and they reject their Messiah, again, and Paul tells them, "DONE", im going to the Gentiles and they will hear this Gospel.