Our identification as saints.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be clear that as believers in Christ we are not under the law (Romans 6:14) are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

This means that the law no longer defines us as sinners; in that our relationship to the law has changed: so that we are separated from it to the point that it can no longer point the finger at us and call us sinners before the Lord.

It is that the Father looks at us through rose-colored glasses, so to speak. He looks at us and He sees the blood and righteousness of Jesus: He sees His perfect life applied to our account.

That being said, the Holy Ghost has a different relationship to us than does the Father. He is dealing with our sins on a daily basis. It is His job to convict us when we go wrong.

Living in the light of the Holy Spirit means that when we sin we will become aware of the fact that we have sinned. This is, in effect, sin-consciousness because of our relationship to the Holy Spirit. And this is a good thing.

It is only when we begin to have victory over sin that we lose the conscience of sins, as it is written in Hebrews 10:2. This is not to say that we have no more conscience, so that we would be psychotic and would not know that we have sinned if we did sin. No, it means that we no longer feel guilty about our sins because we are no longer guilty. The blood of Jesus has cleansed us of past sins (1 John 1:7) and we also, as born again believers, have begun to walk in freedom and victory so that we will not be committing much sin in the present and the future (1 John 3:6, 1 John 3:9). If we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous One (1 John 2:1).

It should be clear that when we walk in the light, we will become aware of the fact of indwelling sin and will not be in denial of this reality (1 John 1:7-8).

While we are able to walk in freedom and victory; and can indeed prevail over this factor of indwelling sin. For it can be rendered dead within us (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour.

If we do sin, the Father no longer sees us as sinners; because He sees us through the blood.

But the Holy Ghost is constantly dealing with us as sinners; and in our relationship to Him we must take heed, when He reveals to us that we have sinned in some way, shape, or form. For our relationship to Christ (our connected-ness, our fellowship) will not be restored until we confess our sins (1 John 1:9).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold, I taught these things before you came along. So, don't think that I am suddenly preaching your doctrine. I am agreeing with you in some points and showing your error in other points.

Because you are mixing sound doctrine with the false in order to gain credibility.

It is like how the devil takes a concoction of 99% water and 1% arsenic in order to poison a man.

Hopefully I am inoculating the flock of Jesus against your 1% arsenic by preaching the whole truth of the matter.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold, I taught these things before you came along. So, don't think that I am suddenly preaching your doctrine. I am agreeing with you in some points and showing your error in other points.

You've not "shown any error" in my Threads.
All you do is try to sound as if you are a deep student of the word, and you're not.
You're a vain jangler, who lives on Christian forums to try to play the game of "i know a lot". 'Look at me"
You failed.

Here is what you are.
You are a person who has admitted that you sin and you have no idea how to stop.
And you are a person who does not believe you can stop.
So, you will attack any truth that defies your deception.
Its what you do.
Its who you are.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you do is try to sound as if you are a deep student of the word . . . to try to play the game of "i know a lot". 'Look at me"

Behold,

How do you know these things are true?

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You've not "shown any error" in my Threads.
All you do is try to sound as if you are a deep student of the word, and you're not.
You're a vain jangler, who lives on Christian forums to try to play the game of "i know a lot". 'Look at me"
You failed.

Here is what you are.
You are a person who has admitted that you sin and you have no idea how to stop.
So, you will attack any truth that defies your deception.
Its what you do.
Its who you are.
Judgy-Von-holier-than-thou

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Be nice!
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax-Collector

Luke 18:9-14
He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: ‘Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax-collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, “God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax-collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.” But the tax-collector, standing far off, would not even look up to heaven, but was beating his breast and saying, “God, be merciful to me, a sinner!” I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other; for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.’

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No...I have taught faithfully on these boards on the subject of entire sanctification; and if I did not live by what I teach I would be a hypocrite (but I suppose that this will be your next accusation).

It is sound doctrine to say that we all have indwelling sin; and in doing so I am not using 1 John 1:8 as a justification for sinning in my own life. For I teach that, while indwelling sin is a reality, that it can be rendered dead within us (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour.

I think that you are simply not seeing what I am teaching on this subject. You are in denial of it, in fact.

I am not "trying to sound" like I'm anything.

Maybe I'm not a deep student of the word, as you say.

But I do know that my reading program is extensive; so that if I am reading with any kind of understanding, I should be far advanced in my understanding of the word.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
It should be clear that as believers in Christ we are not under the law (Romans 6:14) are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

This means that the law no longer defines us as sinners; in that our relationship to the law has changed: so that we are separated from it to the point that it can no longer point the finger at us and call us sinners before the Lord.

It is that the Father looks at us through rose-colored glasses, so to speak. He looks at us and He sees the blood and righteousness of Jesus: He sees His perfect life applied to our account.

That being said, the Holy Ghost has a different relationship to us than does the Father. He is dealing with our sins on a daily basis. It is His job to convict us when we go wrong.

Living in the light of the Holy Spirit means that when we sin we will become aware of the fact that we have sinned. This is, in effect, sin-consciousness because of our relationship to the Holy Spirit. And this is a good thing.

It is only when we begin to have victory over sin that we lose the conscience of sins, as it is written in Hebrews 10:2. This is not to say that we have no more conscience, so that we would be psychotic and would not know that we have sinned if we did sin. No, it means that we no longer feel guilty about our sins because we are no longer guilty. The blood of Jesus has cleansed us of past sins (1 John 1:7) and we also, as born again believers, have begun to walk in freedom and victory so that we will not be committing much sin in the present and the future (1 John 3:6, 1 John 3:9). If we do sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous One (1 John 2:1).

It should be clear that when we walk in the light, we will become aware of the fact of indwelling sin and will not be in denial of this reality (1 John 1:7-8).

While we are able to walk in freedom and victory; and can indeed prevail over this factor of indwelling sin. For it can be rendered dead within us (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour.

If we do sin, the Father no longer sees us as sinners; because He sees us through the blood.

But the Holy Ghost is constantly dealing with us as sinners; and in our relationship to Him we must take heed, when He reveals to us that we have sinned in some way, shape, or form. For our relationship to Christ (our connected-ness, our fellowship) will not be restored until we confess our sins (1 John 1:9).

You're absolutely right, in Jesus we are totally saved by faith only (Romans 8:31-39). But if you had lived in islamic country, they will seek any tiny violation in every single day and they always demanding your mistakes of disobeying the law to their sacrifice.
They were the people of Israel (Sadducee & Pharisee) in the day Jesus walked the earth who had been rejected Christ and deliver out Barabas (Matthew 27:11-26).