Our Lord Jesus Said He is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scribes and Pharisees saw Jesus as a seditionist, so they treated Him as a liar too, so no marvel that they believe those given to spread The Gospel are liars too.

let me tell you something buddy, when the Lord God shows others He's with you, then you can brag about prosecution, until then, it might be wise not indirectly witness for yourself, who or what you want me to think you are.

the only thing you are a victim of is your own horse dump

Last edited:
Reactions: DNB

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, what I have declared FROM Bible Scripture, is easy enough to understand for FAITHFUL Christians in Christ Jesus. For those who trust in their flesh, they will never understand that Jesus of Nazareth is God come in the flesh.
Doesnt Say God says word of God.

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You absolutists, you can't fathom basic Bible teachings from Lord Jesus. He didn't go around claiming He was God to the masses. But to the blind unbelieving scribes and Pharisees, He did, more than once, and you absolutists even deny that!

John 10:30-31
30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.
KJV

John 8:56-59
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, 'Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?'
58 Jesus said unto them, 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.'
59 Then took they up stones to cast at Him: but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
KJV
You're irresponsible with God's Word! You do not know what becoming one with another means?
A man shall become one with his wife. (Genesis 2:24)
King David and Jonathan become one. (1 Samuel 18:1)

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:20-22
20. "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
21. that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:

Jesus was before Abraham, that is no surprise to one who understands God's divine plan. Jesus, as King of Kings and Lord of Lords was ordained by God before the Garden of Eden, Abraham, Moses and David. Yet, Jesus is trying to explain this after 2,000 years of Abrahamic Covenant, and after 1,500 hundred years of Levitical Law, to the Pharisees.
And you are so confounded as to why they were enraged, so that you come up with a god-man theory?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The scribes and Pharisees saw Jesus as a seditionist, so they treated Him as a liar too, so no marvel that they believe those given to spread The Gospel are liars too.
Don't give yourself that much credit. You need to grow-up and stop equating your opinion with that of divine oracle. No one here has that much audacity, we're all trying to comprehend the profundity and mysteries of God's Word. It's always the radicals and lunatics that are so dogmatic and obstinate, claiming that their understanding of Scripture has a divine auspice.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that bit that Jesus is God. That you have being arguing for so long. No one disagrees with taht quoted.

No, you're not disagreeing with me. You are disagreeing with Jesus Himself in His Word. Jesus is Immanuel, God with us.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're irresponsible with God's Word! You do not know what becoming one with another means?

Really?

How does your 'oneness' idea work with Apostle Matthew's definition of Christ's title of Immanuel per Matthew 1:23?

And this...

Rev 1:5-8
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

KJV

Anyone can do the pick'n'choose Scripture like you did where Jesus or other Bible witnesses did not emphatically say He is God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't give yourself that much credit. You need to grow-up and stop equating your opinion with that of divine oracle. No one here has that much audacity, we're all trying to comprehend the profundity and mysteries of God's Word. It's always the radicals and lunatics that are so dogmatic and obstinate, claiming that their understanding of Scripture has a divine auspice.

So those given to spread The Gospel are liars??? And you somehow think that's an association to something else, is that what you are assuming? Those here can see that you like to 'assume' a lot of things that are not true.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repeat of post #3 for Davy.

Although trinitarian-translated Bibles have traditionally rendered 'Immanuel' at Matthew 1:23 as "God with us," most other trinitarian sources I have found render it more properly as "With Us Is God."

This was a common expression among the Israelites and those who dealt with them: "God is with us"; "God is with you"; "God is with them"; etc. These simply meant that God favored these people - was ready to help them in various ways.

Strong's Concordance

Immanuel: "with us is God," the name of a child

NAS Exhaustive Concordance

Word Origin from im and el
Definition "with us is God," the name of a child

Brown-Driver-Briggs

עִמָּנוּאֵל proper name, masculine Immanuel (with us is God);

The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia

Immanuel

"It is a Heb[rew] word signifying 'God is with us'."

How else do we know that Immanu El in Hebrew actually means ‘God is with us’? We know because shortly after it is introduced in Isaiah 7:14 and repeated in 8:8, it is explained in 8:10 - “God is with us” - KJV; RSV; NRSV; NASB; NIV; NEB; REB; NJB; NAB; MLB; LB; etc.

There are two things we should be aware of concerning personal names in scripture.

First, personal names when composed of more than one word (such as Immanuel) most often have minor words ('a,' 'of,' 'is,' etc.) which are to be understood by the reader. (See my NAME study). By ignoring this fact trinitarians obtain a 'proof' for Is. 9:6 (and 'Immanuel'), for example.

Second, the personal names of Israelites in scripture very often have names including "God" and "Jehovah" (Jah) which are used as descriptions and praises of God Himself - not of the person bearing the name. *

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is said here about Jesus Himself...

Rev 1:7-8
7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
KJV

... makes it emphatic that Jesus' title of "Immanuel" which Apostle Matthew defined in Matthew 1:23, is MOST DEFINITELY about Jesus of Nazareth as God come in the flesh.

So brethren in Christ, I wouldn't listen to the Judaizers who come here that try to delegate Jesus of Nazareth as just some flesh man. Those men are grossly deceived and follow a doctrine of devils, for what flesh man can forgive the world of sins?

Only God can forgive our sins. This is why the devil (and his workers of iniquity) want you to deny that Jesus is God come in the flesh. It is not just because they think no man born flesh can be God, it's because if they can get you to deny that Jesus is God come in the flesh, then that is to deny... that Jesus can forgive your sins by what He did on His cross!

Yes, that's right, to deny Jesus as God come in the flesh to die on the cross is to DENY HIS SALVATION! And that... is exactly what Satan's host want you to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joseph77

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really?

How does your 'oneness' idea work with Apostle Matthew's definition of Christ's title of Immanuel per Matthew 1:23?

And this...

Rev 1:5-8
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

KJV

Anyone can do the pick'n'choose Scripture like you did where Jesus or other Bible witnesses did not emphatically say He is God.
Theophory Davy, Theophory. Countless men and other entities within the Bible, had an integration of a divine title within their personal names, or aliases.

Even Solomon, who's second name was Jedidiah, meaning friend of God, employed this naming convention.
Daniel – Judged by God or Judgement of God
Emmanuel – God is with us
Ezekiel – God will Strengthen
Gabriel, Gavriel – Man of God, God has shown Himself Mighty, Hero of God or Strong one of God
Gamaliel – Reward of God
Immanuel – God with us
Ishmael, Ishamael – Heard by God, Named by God, or God Hearkens
Israel, Yisrael – Struggles with God or Prince of God
Joel – Jah is God
Michael – Who is like God? a question
Nathanael, Nathaniel – Given by God or God has Given or "Gift of God"
Othniel – Hour of God
Raphael – God is Healing or Healing one of God
Samuel – Name/Heard of God

But even more obvious than this, is that after the Northern Tribes diaspora, God's abandonment of His people and Temple, the Babylonian Captivity and anti-climatic restoration period, and 400 years of silence, and the unfulfilled Davidic promise, ...that for the life of you, you can't exegete what 'God with us' means?

Titles and appellations for Jesus, are ambiguous. Many men throughout the Bible had such superlatives applied to them. Queen's called their husbands Lord and prostrated themselves before them (1 Kings 1:16). Kings were worshiped and/or given divine titles (Melchizedek, David). And on the converse, even God is given fallible and secular characteristics (Jealousy, Rock, anger, vengeance, etc.). Thus, such descriptions and ascriptions, are not to be taken literally or dogmatically

Last edited:
Reactions: tigger 2

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So those given to spread The Gospel are liars??? And you somehow think that's an association to something else, is that what you are assuming? Those here can see that you like to 'assume' a lot of things that are not true.
Philippians 1:15-17
15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry,... 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely,
supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains...

But, that wasn't my point. You need to stop calling people heretics or that they're defying God's Word, until you actually have irrefutably proven it.
This is a debate forum, we're all giving our opinions here of what we believe to be the rightly divided Word of God. This is an elementary principle that even a 16 yr old will understand, this is why I said that it is only the ignorant and incompetent who either ignore this fact, or the fact has eluded them.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 1:7 - except for NIV, all Bibles I have examined which use quotation marks do not use them at Rev. 1:7. This shows (as does the context) that John is writing this verse as himself.

The KJV (and a few others) did not use quotation marks at all, so one may decide for himself exactly who is speaking a particular verse. Trinitarians use some of these "speaker confusion" places to 'find' their 'proofs. Of those which do use quotation marks, we find they use them at verse 8 to show a new speaker beginning and ending his statement.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty. - NASB. We see here that the NASB has God beginning to speak and continuing to the end of the verse where He stops speaking. And John continues in the next verse.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega", says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty. - NRSV. The NRSV is similar, but has God speaking only the first half and John finishes the verse.

All other Bibles I have examined which use quotation marks follow the example of either the NASB or NRSV here. These include AMP, AT; CSB; CEB; CJB; CEV; DLNT; ERV; EHV; ESV; EXB; GNT; HCSB; ICB; ISV; JB; MSG; MEV; MLB; MOUNCE; NAB; NASB; NCV; NEB; NET; NIV; NJB; NKJV; NLV; NLT; NRSV; NTE; TPT; reb; RGT; RSV; TLV; WEB; WE; and YLT.

So, Davy, you are trying to make us believe that John (who wrote the verses before and after Rev. 1:8) is also speaking at Rev. 1:8. You are saying, then, that John is Almighty God! This is clearly false, but it appears you will continue with this falsehood as you have with other repeated false statements here. I truly hope you will learn to investigate not just parrot the errors of those who write to 'tickle' your ears.

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm of the opinion now that God entered this world thru his Queen and he became the Son of God to us.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
???? Sounds like paganism.

He could have just appeared to everyone and said here I am your God.. but that's not God becoming human form.. which is the ultimate God. Who has the power to become Man and walk among us.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 1:7 - except for NIV, all Bibles I have examined which use quotation marks do not use them at Rev. 1:7. This shows (as does the context) that John is writing this verse as himself.
we must disagree with that assessment. Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."
yes, John is writing as himself about the Lord Jesus coming. for John writes, "Behold, he cometh with clouds". not John coming with clouds, but "he" the Lord Jesus.
Of those which do use quotation marks, we find they use them at verse 8 to show a new speaker beginning and ending his statement.
we agree that a new speaker is speaking, because in verse 8 it said, "saith the Lord". so if John was writing/speaking in verse 7, then definitely John is not the Lord who now speaks in verse 8. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
"I am the Alpha and the Omega", says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty. - NRSV. The NRSV is similar, but has God speaking only the first half and John finishes the verse.
again we must disagree with that assessment. for the Letter is "from him which is, and which was, and which is to come" which was establish in verse 4 before. so the "him which is, and which was, and which is to come" is the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty speaking in verse 8.

so the bible is correct, and Davy is correct in quoting the verse.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Davy, post: 780697, member: 7759"]Yes, that's right, to deny Jesus as God come in the flesh to die on the cross is to DENY HIS SALVATION! And that... is exactly what Satan's host want you to do.[/QUOTE
----------------------------------------
Best True Quote Today.

(subjectively of course, and perhaps most important for those posters who deny Jesus, who are not yet saved)

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy said:
The scribes and Pharisees saw Jesus as a seditionist, so they treated Him as a liar too, so no marvel that they believe those given to spread The Gospel are liars too

No the Pharsees heard Jesus say he was God and that did it.

But Moses forget to teach them I 'am (the Christ).. now echos in time.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that Jesus is God is a moot point, a silly question to even ask, according to Jesus. When the Jews confronted Jesus about whether He was God, he answered them as if their question was foolish. The question of Jesus' godhood is ridiculous because everyone who reads the scriptures knows Jesus answered this question very clearly, long ago.

What in the scriptures convinced you he was God? Which particular one. For me I was told he was. Then later I wanted to look for myself. And if I found proof, I wanted to share it. I was tired of Atheist saying its just a nice children's story.