Outgoing British Prime Minister Theresa May presides over European elections disaster

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Hello there,

Teresa May, as with all other prime ministers before her, came into office with the very best of intentions I'm sure. It is easy to make comments and point the finger, but until we have worn her shoes for a while we are in no position to condemn her, or anyone else who genuinely desires to serve the country in public office. It is a hard and thankless job, and the weight of responsibility can be very heavy, especially when unsupported by the majority of one's own party.

I have watched 'Prime Minister's Question Time' on the television, and have wished that they had never decided to televise it, for it is a shameful display very often, and one that now the whole world can witness. Yet there are individual members of parliament standing up and representing their own constituencies with commendable patience and dogged determination in the face of all of that mayhem, for which they deserve our support and admiration.

We are taught to respect those in authority over us, but that respect has eroded to the point of near extinction over these last few years.

Chris
Yes, I take your point about her role, and none of us can truly know what it's like. Sadly watching the MPs did not help with me, all I saw at times were a group of adults acting like a group of children. I think it was the way that many voted the bugged me in the end, it was tactical and not about respecting the choice the people had made. On one level I admired Theresa May for not being bullied, but I am not sure I can respect many of them right now. I pray for the government and accept that they have authority n this country, and I agree their are many who work hard for the local communities, I quite like the new group that chose to break away from the main parties earlier in the year. I cannot remember what they are called at the moment!
Rita

Reactions: charity

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know many abba songs, but I actually don't remember that one !! Lol
Or, similarly:

"When in that House MPs divide
If they've a brain and cerebellum, too
They've got to leave that brain outside
And vote just as their leaders tell 'em to."

W. S. Gilbert, of Gilbert & Sullivan, 'The Savoy Operas'.

(Except that in the case of the hard left of the Labour Party, and of the Conservative Eurosceptic Brexiteers, it is they that traditionally try to tell the leaders what to do... :) )

B

Butterfly

Or, similarly:

"When in that House MPs divide
If they've a brain and cerebellum, too
They've got to leave that brain outside
And vote just as their leaders tell 'em to."

W. S. Gilbert, of Gilbert & Sullivan, 'The Savoy Operas'.

(Except that in the case of the hard left of the Labour Party, and of the Conservative Eurosceptic Brexiteers, it is they that traditionally try to tell the leaders what to do... :) )
Oh, yes, I see.
I just hate all the manipulation and power struggles - I guess, if anything else, the last few years have been an eye opener, in more ways than one. I never use to question things- still I asked God to open my eyes and ears - so what did I expect !!! Lol

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh, yes, I see.
I just hate all the manipulation and power struggles - I guess, if anything else, the last few years have been an eye opener, in more ways than one. I never use to question things- still I asked God to open my eyes and ears - so what did I expect !!! Lol
The Scriptures are indeed most searching as they illuminate human frailties.

Sometimes able journalists - such as Laura Kuenssberg, for example, of the BBC, can as a matter of public service incisively see through politicians - of all shades of opinion. Wikipedia says this of her:

"Charles Moore in The Spectator wrote in July 2017 of being told "informally" that Kuenssberg had received protection from a bodyguard during the 2017 general election. The BBC had believed her safety was under threat because of online abuse considered to be mainly from supporters of Jeremy Corbyn.[24][25] The BBC refused to comment about the story. The Labour politician Yvette Cooper defended the BBC's political editor: "It’s her job to ask difficult questions. It’s her job to be sceptical about everything we say." By the end of the campaign Kuenssberg was also being abused by some Conservative and UKIP supporters."

With Labour, the Conservatives and UKIP all gunning for her, maybe the journalist is doing something right...?

B

Butterfly

One thing I will add Farouk, is that the BBC has its own political bias, and is no different to any other media source with regards to what it covers, the article does convey that BOTH main parties were battered by the EU elections - however you have picked out the part about ' the conservatives history ', when in reality Labour have made some real mess ups when they have been on power as well !!
Rita

Reactions: Pearl
B

Butterfly

The Scriptures are indeed most searching as they illuminate human frailties.

Sometimes able journalists - such as Laura Kuenssberg, for example, of the BBC, can as a matter of public service incisively see through politicians - of all shades of opinion. Wikipedia says this of her:

"Charles Moore in The Spectator wrote in July 2017 of being told "informally" that Kuenssberg had received protection from a bodyguard during the 2017 general election. The BBC had believed her safety was under threat because of online abuse considered to be mainly from supporters of Jeremy Corbyn.[24][25] The BBC refused to comment about the story. The Labour politician Yvette Cooper defended the BBC's political editor: "It’s her job to ask difficult questions. It’s her job to be sceptical about everything we say." By the end of the campaign Kuenssberg was also being abused by some Conservative and UKIP supporters."

With Labour, the Conservatives and UKIP all gunning for her, maybe the journalist is doing something right...?
I wouldn't have a clue Farouk, but do you trust Wikipedia - it has been known to be inaccurate at times . Also, just as I am often told by members of this forum about false news and media when it comes to judging ' what's going on in the USA , surely the same has to apply to the UK - just saying.
I for one believe that the powers to be don't want us out of Europe, and that's what the last few years have been about. If we leave I will be amased !

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I wouldn't have a clue Farouk, but do you trust Wikipedia - it has been known to be inaccurate at times . Also, just as I am often told by members of this forum about false news and media when it comes to judging ' what's going on in the USA , surely the same has to apply to the UK - just saying.
I for one believe that the powers to be don't want us out of Europe, and that's what the last few years have been about. If we leave I will be amased !
Often the articles are referenced and it's the reader's responsibility to follow them up.

I'm not sure the Conservatives really want the UK to leave the EU at all; if by this they mean staying in the customs union at the sole discretion of the EU.

This is why regrettably I conclude that Mrs May's period of office has been fundamentally ambiguous as regards its stated as opposed to real aims, despite the result of the Brexit Referendum.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
PS: Most of the declared candidates hoping to succeed Mrs May as leader are people I have never even heard of.
Nor me farouk, and I live here. :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who, indeed @farouk, I would not.

Teresa May is a human being with faults and failings like the rest of us, but her strength of purpose and courage in the face of adversity cannot be doubted. She deserves the respect due to her as someone who has tried very hard to do what only history will show to be either the right thing for the country or not.

Time will tell.

Chris
And the powers that be in Brussels haven't made it any easier for her. They want to keep us locked in to the EU so have made it so complicated for us to leave.

Reactions: charity

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On the one hand it could be said that by resigning Mr Cameron ran away from his responsibilities; on the other, with such a hugely different turn of events for which he was directly responsible, almost everything else he might have tried to do as Prime Minister if he had stayed would probably have been overshadowed by the Brexit Referendum results. I wasn't at all surprised that he quit. So to speak, why would anyone have listened to him, after what happened?
It beats me why they then had to elect a 'remainer' to get us out. Unless of course it was to keep us in against the will of the electorate.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And the powers that be in Brussels haven't made it any easier for her. They want to keep us locked in to the EU so have made it so complicated for us to leave.
Brussels could not do one single thing (other than bluster) if the UK pulled out of the EU tomorrow. A bunch of bureaucratic Eurocrats is trying to dictate to everyone how they should govern their countries and destroy them. But it would take only one man with the guts to say "Goodbye", and the EU could do absolutely nothing. But when you have traitors governing any country, then it's a different story.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brussels could not do one single thing (other than bluster) if the UK pulled out of the EU tomorrow.

Well, the Brits better get it done before the French and Germans get up their European army or we could see WWII all over again if the Germans (especially) don't like the Brits doing it (and they don't). The French have even toyed with the idea of having a "Frexit" but the Germans will want to do everything they can to prevent a breakup of the EU because they control it more than the other members do.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hitler would of been very proud of the EU for sure as that's what he wanted to do, we will end up with he united States of Europe under one Government dictating to all.

Reactions: Enoch111

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hitler would of been very proud of the EU for sure as that's what he wanted to do, we will end up with he united States of Europe under one Government dictating to all.
And with the Germans leading the pack. There are tensions and anti-Israel sentiment building throughout Europe as well as antisemitism. I have a Jewish-Christian friend who has relatives in France. The relatives are planning to make aliyah to Israel as soon as they can arrange it. They say that they are becoming more and more afraid to stay in France.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct. I have read somewhere that EU proponent Angela Merkel is actually Hitler's daughter. That may not be so far-fetched, since they both have tried to destroy Germany and succeeded. What amazes me is that no man has stood up in Germany and said "Enough of this nonsense. Merkel is a traitor".

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And with the Germans leading the pack. There are tensions and anti-Israel sentiment building throughout Europe as well as antisemitism. I have a Jewish-Christian friend who has relatives in France. The relatives are planning to make aliyah to Israel as soon as they can arrange it. They say that they are becoming more and more afraid to stay in France.
I think that the works of Satan are at hand for many years and the devil is in the detail in leading all people astray to create a powder keg down the track for sure, as anyone with common sense would not bring in so many Islamic people into a Nation, so the people are getting jack of being treated as 2ed rate people in their own Nations.

Problem being that the majority of people do not truly understand about what Islam truly is or it's history, let alone in the past 100 years all the people it has killed and not to mention let too kill, our media does not point that out but hides it from you all.
Not to mention the ignorance of having a child like understanding of the Jews is a real problem, as the majority of people are only indoctrinated and not educated on the subject of the Jews, so one could fathom, given a great depression situation that could easy turn around the majority's opinion on Jews and one will not be able to explain the subject or point out the facts, because they will not even listen now, so why would the majority listen if they were faced with a great depression, it would not take much to inflame the simple minded public that we have nowadays I am sure of that.
So when the majority of people loose everything they have House, cars and all of their Super you name it, boy are this mob of people who have had it so easy all their lives will, not be able to cope at all and they will not be able to see reason at all.

Fact is we have a uneducated public who have been set up by the one who leads the whole world astray (Satan) and he is doing a fine job of it all in setting you all up to crash, it has been said that If the people truly only knew the working of your Federal Reserve for one, their would be hell to pay, so if they were woken up to the reality's of Satan's handy work in how they have been conned, they would jump out of their skin.

When I am talking to people about the Jews is like talking to a 5yo or one who is possessed I have found, as there ignorance is truly astounding, they claim that I am a Jew but then turn around and reject that I would know anything about such, they know better:rolleyes: but they don't truly know much about the subject, nor do they truly care, but will just point out the majority view point of what the majority have been lead to believe. only because they have been indoctrinated on the subject. it's much like the majority would know what a sparkplug is but do they understand the facts of such a subject in depth, no way ! nor do they want to know the subject, as they could not be truly bothered, due to such ignorance get the wrong heat range and you may end up with a lot of trouble not to mention could blow the engine up.
But I will sit down with anyone and talk about the subject till the cows come home, but you know what they don't want to listen.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have talked to people who hate the Jews and when I try to explain the subject they don't want to listen, fact is if one understands what it is that you are truly dealing with, then you can pinpoint the problem and you must be able to pinpoint the problem like a Doctor does.

People will bag Christianity and they have many gripes, but they fail to see the forest for the trees and go barking up the wrong tree. sadly they do not know what they are truly talking about. but you will have a hell of a time trying to point them in the correct direction. it's the same with the subject with the Jews and they get it all wrong because they don't have any solid foundations on the subject, but just off with the pixies and so barking mad that it's not worth talking to them because all that they will do is go around misconstruing what you said anyroad.:eek::oops::rolleyes::(:confused:

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk