OVERCOMING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are wrong on all counts. Jesus IS God if you care to study the proof.

“as we wait for the happy fulfillment of our hope in the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.” (Titus 2:13)

“From Simeon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, have been granted a faith just as precious as ours.” (2 Peter 1:1)

“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5)
What proof? The scriptures I have studied and continue to study. If I were to change my mind, it would be God that showed me something I haven't seen. He has done that before, but on this subject, a change would surprise me as I have already been in several other places. However, the face to face view is what we all need.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
even the word "proof" becomes a signal, huh?
Oh... well then why bring up this Book of Truth you speak of, as if it holds importance, but yet speak of nothing to where this Book is?
um, you're kidding right?
Well that's a relief! Since that is the Book I call Truth.

Your Turn...Identify the book you call your Book of Truth.
if only it worked like that, huh

D

Dave L

What proof? The scriptures I have studied and continue to study. If I were to change my mind, it would be God that showed me something I haven't seen. He has done that before, but on this subject, a change would surprise me as I have already been in several other places. However, the face to face view is what we all need.
If you reject the clear teaching of scripture, you reject Christ and worship an idol bearing his name. The Jews did this too.

“But God turned away from them and gave them over to worship the host of heaven, as it is written in the book of the prophets: ‘It was not to me that you offered slain animals and sacrifices forty years in the wilderness, was it, house of Israel? But you took along the tabernacle of Moloch and the star of the god Rephan, the images you made to worship, but I will deport you beyond Babylon.’” (Acts 7:42–43)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even the word "proof" becomes a signal, huh?

um, you're kidding right?
if only it worked like that, huh

No, not kidding.

I say the Bible is the Book of Truth.

You apparently have some other BOOK, you call the "Book of Truth".

Identify your Book, I have.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You apparently have some other BOOK, you call the "Book of Truth".
4But you, Daniel, keep these words secret and seal the book until the time of the end.

so you say that i have some other Book, but it may be seen if one reads all the way to here that the angel obviously was not reading from the Bible, and even the words that Daniel was allowed to see were not transcribed verbatim into the Bible/Torah, which is after all the Book of the Law, right, among other things, otherwise you could prolly actually even state an Absolute Truth from Scripture, which wadr i have not seen yet, ever, and i am actively looking

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4But you, Daniel, keep these words secret and seal the book until the time of the end.

so you say that i have some other Book, but it may be seen if one reads all the way to here that the angel obviously was not reading from the Bible, and even the words that Daniel was allowed to see were not transcribed verbatim into the Bible/Torah, which is after all the Book of the Law, right, among other things, otherwise you could prolly actually even state an Absolute Truth from Scripture, which wadr i have not seen yet, ever, and i am actively looking

So, "the BOOK of TRUTH", you are speaking of, is the Book revealed to Daniel, In Dan 12:4, that is sealed up from our knowledge of what the book says?

Glory to God.
Taken

D

Dave L

ya, and you are accusing Amadeus of this, as you sing "When we all get to heaven" Dave
so wadr if Amadeus isn't even a part of your We then i'm sure gonna pass bro, ok
Jesus is Truth. If you reject truth, you replace him with an idol.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you reject the clear teaching of scripture, you reject Christ and worship an idol bearing his name. The Jews did this too.

“But God turned away from them and gave them over to worship the host of heaven, as it is written in the book of the prophets: ‘It was not to me that you offered slain animals and sacrifices forty years in the wilderness, was it, house of Israel? But you took along the tabernacle of Moloch and the star of the god Rephan, the images you made to worship, but I will deport you beyond Babylon.’” (Acts 7:42–43)
The "clear" teaching of scripture? if it were clear, I certainly would not reject it. The only things I consider rejecting are the ones that seem to come from men rather than God. But those are often also not so clear so I have to put them up on a shelf until God says to reject them. For this reason I have not rejected the trinity outright even though I do not believe in it. After all someone else believes it. Is my faith or their faith is correct? How are we to know unless God reveals it to us? If He reveals it to me but not to you would you take my word for it that I am right and you are wrong?

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Truth. If you reject truth, you replace him with an idol.
I agree with you Dave that Jesus is truth. But even Jesus is seen still as through a glass darkly. Even that supposedly great Apostle Paul admitted he was not seeing "face to face". Until we see him face to face how much of the truth are we seeing and understanding? I admit to my shortcoming, but do you? Are seeing better than me and Paul? How about those theologians through whose writings or conclusions you sift? Did they also see better than me and Paul? Are you a better sifter than we are? What happens to being led by the Holy Spirit in all of this?

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
D

Dave L

I agree with you Dave that Jesus is truth. But even Jesus is seen still as through a glass darkly. Even that supposedly great Apostle Paul admitted he was not seeing "face to face". Until we see him face to face how much of the truth are we seeing and understanding? I admit to my shortcoming, but do you? Are seeing better than me and Paul? How about those theologians through whose writings or conclusions you sift? Did they also see better than me and Paul? Are you a better sifter than we are? What happens to being led by the Holy Spirit in all of this?
The glass darkly was the period before the NT cannon was complete. Tongues, prophecy, and word of knowledge were inferior but now we see face to face. Is the bible perfect? Then perfection has come.

D

Dave L

The "clear" teaching of scripture? if it were clear, I certainly would not reject it. The only things I consider rejecting are the ones that seem to come from men rather than God. But those are often also not so clear so I have to put them up on a shelf until God says to reject them. For this reason I have not rejected the trinity outright even though I do not believe in it. After all someone else believes it. Is my faith or their faith is correct? How are we to know unless God reveals it to us? If He reveals it to me but not to you would you take my word for it that I am right and you are wrong?
But if Jesus is not God, we worship an idol. Only God should be worshiped.