OVERCOMING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I already answered this. Israel is Jacob, not Christ.

As Jacob was called out so was Christ.

There are many such comparisons in the bible on different issues.

Matthew

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.

16 When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi. 17 Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled:

18 “A voice is heard in Ramah,
weeping and great mourning,
Rachel weeping for her children
and refusing to be comforted,
because they are no more.

Jesus is never called Israel nor is Israel ever called Jesus.

Matthew never mentions Jacob or Israel.
We must always interpret the OT by the NT. The NT redefines OT definitions and concepts. The most serious error is in adding to Revelation if we ignore Jesus.

D

Dave L

No.
Israel is Gods People.
1 Sam 9:16

Those given to Christ Jesus, are His.
John 6:39

By the end of the Tribulation all who have Overcome, God shall be their God, and men shall be His son.
Rev 21:7

Glory to God,
Taken
God's people = believers in Christ. Not those who reject him.

D

Dave L

Amazing. Harmonizing OT and NT does not mean interpreting the OT by the NT.
It most certainly does. An example: Paul says, “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20)

This means the unbelieving Jews have no claim to the promise to Abraham.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It most certainly does. An example: Paul says, “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20)

This means the unbelieving Jews have no claim to the promise to Abraham.

Says who? You?

2 Corinthians 1:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

As church, we do not have claimed on promises made only to Israel, Abraham, Daniel, etc.

Your brush is too big.

D

Dave L

Says who? You?

2 Corinthians 1:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

As church, we do not have claimed on promises made only to Israel, Abraham, Daniel, etc.

Your brush is too big.
You need an accurate translation. “For every one of God’s promises are “Yes” in him; therefore also through him the “Amen” is spoken, to the glory we give to God.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) NET

“For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) ESV

“For every one of God’s promises is “Yes” in Him. Therefore, the “Amen” is also spoken through Him by us for God’s glory.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) HCSB

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's people = believers in Christ. Not those who reject him.

Didn't say or imply any who reject Him.

Gods people are Israel, not land. Land is their inheritance.

Currently the majority of the Jews believe in Gods word and the Messiah, but do not believe Jesus is the Word of God in the Flesh....YET

Christ Jesus' people believe in Him are His.

Just said this, and provided Scriptures.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Then why stalk me without anything other than your dislike for me?
Dave, i don't dislike you or i wouldn't give you for free what i get paid obscene amounts of money to do for others ok
also, you have an ignore button, just like Marymog, and after all you did just tag me again right, to bring me back here
and everything? hello?

Now i do strip out all of the etiquette/feelings stuff here when i get the signal that the other poster has no etiquette or feelings, therapy starts right away instead of in 6 months or never, but see your post here, the subject you have chosen to thread over all the subjects we have broached that you have chosen to avoid at all costs, these are my guide here ok. Either that or my self-esteem is so bad that i get joy from pointing out irrelevant foibles, but then why am i not stalking BreadOfDeath etc you might wonder.

so, just to clarify, everything you believe right now Dave, every single thing, i have not a single issue with, ok, even the belief that when we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be. You can even pretend you found that in Scripture if you like, and i won't say a word, as long as you don't post it as if it were truth

D

Dave L

Didn't say or imply any who reject Him.

Gods people are Israel, not land. Land is their inheritance.

Currently the majority of the Jews believe in Gods word and the Messiah, but do not believe Jesus is the Word of God in the Flesh....YET

Christ Jesus' people believe in Him are His.

Just said this, and provided Scriptures.

Glory to God,
Taken
In Romans 11. God broke off the unbelievers from Israel. He will reattach any who accept Christ. = Jesus is Israel along with believers. Today's broken off Jews are in fact gentiles since Christ abolished circumcision on the cross.

D

Dave L

Dave, i don't dislike you or i wouldn't give you for free what i get paid obscene amounts of money to do for others ok
also, you have an ignore button, just like Marymog, and after all you did just tag me again right, to bring me back here
and everything? hello?

Now i do strip out all of the etiquette/feelings stuff here when i get the signal that the other poster has no etiquette or feelings, therapy starts right away instead of in 6 months or never, but see your post here, the subject you have chosen to thread over all the subjects we have broached that you have chosen to avoid at all costs, these are my guide here ok. Either that or my self-esteem is so bad that i get joy from pointing out irrelevant foibles, but then why am i not stalking BreadOfDeath etc you might wonder.

so, just to clarify, everything you believe right now Dave, every single thing, i have not a single issue with, ok, even the belief that when we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be.
What do you do? Make a living insulting people? I don't ignore you because every so often you land a good point. So I bear up under the abuse.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What do you do? Make a living insulting people?
essentially i guess, yes. Ppl get insulted quite easily when their desires are pointed out to be killing them, or their interpretations are questioned as i did to you earlier today, but i hope you noticed that i was not being insulting at all then; was i

I thought "shoulda maybe read a bit further down" was an inspired way to point out that your head was all the way up inside your
cloud on the passage, but when you would not engage on the point i said what i meant; bam keep Quoting that in application to yourself, and more power to you Dave, i even hope you convert some ppl ok.

How do you offend a Christian, Dave?

D

Dave L

essentially i guess, yes. Ppl get insulted quite easily when their desires are pointed out to be killing them, or their interpretations are questioned as i did to you earlier today, but i hope you noticed that i was not being insulting at all then; was i

I thought "shoulda maybe read a bit further down" was an inspired way to point out that your head was all the way up inside your
cloud on the passage, but when you would not engage on the point i said what i meant; bam keep Quoting that in application to yourself, and more power to you Dave, i even hope you convert some ppl ok.

How do you offend a Christian, Dave?
It's a communication problem.