OVERCOMING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not overcoming is just nonsense. Ever since my feet hit the floor as a heathen I did nothing but overcome. Then saved, born again, being made a new creature in Jesus Christ at 33 and baptized in the Holy Spirit I've done nothing but overcome with God's kind help.
wadr imposing your will all over the place is not overcoming Frank
Let everything, everything be done toward building up says the word. Vanity and vexation of spirit do not add to our peace at all. Zero building up.
Frank, you don't even realize what you are saying here ok, but just keep crying for peace and imposing your will on everything and build a wall around your cabin already, if you don't feel safe enough in that harbor yet ok. You could knit yourself a dress, and wadr i would prefer to talk to your wife i guess. Make peace with that, pilgrim

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the OT, physical circumcision made one a physical member of Abraham's seed/Israel/Jew.

No. A physical member of Abraham's seed, was a descendant being born of Abraham's stock (sperm) seed.

Men OF Abraham's STOCK SEED, who accepted Gods Covenant given Abraham's stock seed......

Gave a portion of their foreskin, AS A TOKEN of being in agreement with Gods Covenant.
Gem 17:10.

It is the LORD who circumcised the HEART...
Deut 10:16

And was told OT men, WHO continue in faithfulness to God, would receive Gods circumcision.

A response FOR MEN who Receive Gods Promise to Circumcise their Heart....ARE glad,
Just as Jesus Revealed Abraham was!

Only few were circumcised in heart (see Hebrews 11 for a list of examples). When God abolished circumcision, all the physically circumcised became gentiles by default. The circumcised in heart accepted Christ and remain as Israel.

I do not require your teaching, to what I have already spoke to.

The majority accepting the circumcision of their Heart, are not (yet) the Jews, and are largely the Gentiles.

Like I said, I have already spoke to this point.

Jews who have elected to REMAIN under the law, and continue foreskin circumcision, and not accepted Christ Jesus as Word of God, and their Messiah, have NOT (yet) received the Lords circumcision of their heart.
And unless you ARE a Jew, under the Law, and remain under the Law, What applies to them does not apply to you.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

No. A physical member of Abraham's seed, was a descendant being born of Abraham's stock (sperm) seed.

Men OF Abraham's STOCK SEED, who accepted Gods Covenant given Abraham's stock seed......

Gave a portion of their foreskin, AS A TOKEN of being in agreement with Gods Covenant.
Gem 17:10.

It is the LORD who circumcised the HEART...
Deut 10:16

And was told OT men, WHO continue in faithfulness to God, would receive Gods circumcision.

A response FOR MEN who Receive Gods Promise to Circumcise their Heart....ARE glad,
Just as Jesus Revealed Abraham was!

I do not require your teaching, to what I have already spoke to.

The majority accepting the circumcision of their Heart, are not (yet) the Jews, and are largely the Gentiles.

Like I said, I have already spoke to this point.

Jews who have elected to REMAIN under the law, and continue foreskin circumcision, and not accepted Christ Jesus as Word of God, and their Messiah, have NOT (yet) received the Lords circumcision of their heart.
And unless you ARE a Jew, under the Law, and remain under the Law, What applies to them does not apply to you.

Glory to God,
Taken
“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28–29)

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr imposing your will all over the place is not overcoming Frank
Frank, you don't even realize what you are saying here ok, but just keep crying for peace and imposing your will on everything and build a wall around your cabin already, if you don't feel safe enough in that harbor yet ok. You could knit yourself a dress, and wadr i would prefer to talk to your wife i guess. Make peace with that, pilgrim

You may disagree with how Frank puts it into words...

However, it is Frank himself, who knows IF he has given his Life to the Lord.
And it is the Lord Himself, who know IF Frank has given his Life to the Lord.

And ANY man who has heartfully given his life to the Lord.....Has OVERCOME THE WORLD.

They are no longer OF the World (albeit they still exist ON the Earth), they are IN Christ.

A man IN Christ is no longer OF the world or IN the world. They are bodily ON the Earth, and shall remain ON the earth (bodily, dead or alive), Until the day the Lord raptures, ie redeems their body UP to Him in the Clouds.

I personally have no reason to believe that Frank has "not" overcome the World.

The ONLY "reason" that would rise up to be suspect, would be for Frank to Speak AGAINST GOD....which I see no evidence of that.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Are you a Jew?

This is speaking TO JEWS.
This is saying, Hey you Jews, who run around calling your self a JEW ..... because you had your foreskin whacked off.....but yet DO NOT continue in Faith.....

1) Following the Law
OR
2) submitting to the Lord.

Guess what..... God does not consider YOU A JEW, simply because you had your foreskin whacked off.

If you are not a Jew, that does not apply to you.
If you are a Jew, NOT following the Law (that Jesus did NOT destroy), that DOES apply to them.....Because....
If you ARE a Jew, who was foreskin was circumcised, but yet do not follow the law, nor have submitted to Christ....
Surprise....God does not consider you a JEW.

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28–29)

Uh huh....exactly.

The Scriptures are True, you simply exhibit you do not understand what they mean.

NOT EVERYONE shall be saved....
Jews and Gentiles alike.

IN short, Jews will not be saved, simply because their parents were Jews, and their parents whacked off their sons foreskin.

Many born of Jewish descent were foreskin circumcised....even Ishmael was circumcised......and his sons, and their sons, and their sons..........BUT....as you keep following their descending generations, you would find, they are Neither, under the law or moses, or IN Christ......nor calling themselves (Jews)....which they WERE, but ARE no longer....even by the Word of God they are NOT.

Circumcision of the foreskin of male Islamists is widely practiced, BUT not according to Islamist teaching.
IN Short, the practice has nothing to do with the practice being a TOKEN of agreement TO Gods Covenant.
(Neither does foreskin circumcision of Gentiles have anything to do with Gods Covenant with the Hebrews/Jews)

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

Are you a Jew?

This is speaking TO JEWS.
This is saying, Hey you Jews, who run around calling your self a JEW ..... because you had your foreskin whacked off.....but yet DO NOT continue in Faith.....

1) Following the Law
OR
2) submitting to the Lord.

Guess what..... God does not consider YOU A JEW, simply because you had your foreskin whacked off.

If you are not a Jew, that does not apply to you.
If you are a Jew, NOT following the Law (that Jesus did NOT destroy), that DOES apply to them.....Because....
If you ARE a Jew, who was foreskin was circumcised, but yet do not follow the law, nor have submitted to Christ....
Surprise....God does not consider you a JEW.

Uh huh....exactly.

The Scriptures are True, you simply exhibit you do not understand what they mean.

NOT EVERYONE shall be saved....
Jews and Gentiles alike.

IN short, Jews will not be saved, simply because their parents were Jews, and their parents whacked off their sons foreskin.

Many born of Jewish descent were foreskin circumcised....even Ishmael was circumcised......and his sons, and their sons, and their sons..........BUT....as you keep following their descending generations, you would find, they are Neither, under the law or moses, or IN Christ......nor calling themselves (Jews)....which they WERE, but ARE no longer....even by the Word of God they are NOT.

Circumcision of the foreskin of male Islamists is widely practiced, BUT not according to Islamist teaching.
IN Short, the practice has nothing to do with the practice being a TOKEN of agreement TO Gods Covenant.
(Neither does foreskin circumcision of Gentiles have anything to do with Gods Covenant with the Hebrews/Jews)

Glory to God,
Taken
Biblical Jew? Yes. Jew, as a convert to Judaism? No.

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NIV is not reliable.

The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine [Jesus]; for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.” (Leviticus 25:23)

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” (Galatians 3:16)
"The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai", not Jesus.

Yes, Jesus is the seed, physical descendant of Abraham. Abraham has millions of seeds(decendants).

Just as all of Mankind are descendants(seeds) of Adam.

D

Dave L

"The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai", not Jesus.

Yes, Jesus is the seed, physical descendant of Abraham. Abraham has millions of seeds(decendants).

Just as all of Mankind are descendants(seeds) of Adam.
“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for the NIV not being reliable, you are pushing the KJV because it allows you to insert your many false claims.

Consider about the KJV:
1. It's English is archaic. We do not speak that way now and many word meanings have change.

2. Verses were added that were not in the originals
Why are the newer translations of the Bible missing verses?

3. Many words were mistranslated or changed, such as Passover to Easter. Or "goodwill to men of good will" to goodwill to men.

4. Catholic influence is obvious, such as older editions contained the Apocrypha.
Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today

5. It was not translated from a single ancient manuscript. It was a compilation and rewrite of older bibles in the 15th century.

What is the Textus Receptus?

Why do you use the NIV, rather than the KJV, for the Bible references in all of your commentaries? Isn't the NIV negligent in showing whom Jesus really was?

You're saying something written centuries after the originals is more accurate than the originals.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5)
Lord, not Jesus.

You keep rewriting verses.

Jude 5 New International Version (NIV)
5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then bam sing when we all get to heaven with Frank, and cry for peace with him too, i have no objection ok
paranoia and pain can easily be yours too, and God is not above letting us eat our children i guess

Not sure what that hokey stuff is all about.

I hope when I'm in Heaven I can sing....because it is not working for me now. LOL

I am not in paranoia or pain. Albeit I am cautious of all the wackos roaming around.

Eating your children? Yikes, Pretty creepy, nor scripturally taught.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical Jew? Yes. Jew, as a convert to Judaism? No.

While people do convert to Judaism, and Jews accept that....

Neither do I believe it "makes" them a Jews.

It is Jesus' Conversion that is paramount.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

While people do convert to Judaism, and Jews accept that....

Neither do I believe it "makes" them a Jews.

It is Jesus' Conversion that is paramount.

Glory to God,
Taken
Embracing Judaism makes one a Jew today. But in the bible, circumcision did. Any not circumcised, blood relatives or not, were cut off, that is, excommunicated to gentile status.

D

Dave L

Lord, not Jesus.

You keep rewriting verses.

Jude 5 New International Version (NIV)
5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.
Greek kurios (Lord) = YHWH in the LXX. The translators got it right using Jesus in place of Lord. If you think Jesus is God, there is no problem.

D

Dave L

As for the NIV not being reliable, you are pushing the KJV because it allows you to insert your many false claims.

Consider about the KJV:
1. It's English is archaic. We do not speak that way now and many word meanings have change.

2. Verses were added that were not in the originals
Why are the newer translations of the Bible missing verses?

3. Many words were mistranslated or changed, such as Passover to Easter. Or "goodwill to men of good will" to goodwill to men.

4. Catholic influence is obvious, such as older editions contained the Apocrypha.
Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today

5. It was not translated from a single ancient manuscript. It was a compilation and rewrite of older bibles in the 15th century.

What is the Textus Receptus?

Why do you use the NIV, rather than the KJV, for the Bible references in all of your commentaries? Isn't the NIV negligent in showing whom Jesus really was?

You're saying something written centuries after the originals is more accurate than the originals.
Clue #1. The KJV doesn't translate it this way. The new translations based on the older manuscripts trans late kurios as Jesus.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clue #1. The KJV doesn't translate it this way. The new translations based on the older manuscripts trans late kurios as Jesus.
That is not dealing with your reliability claim.

Not a defense of you replacing Lord with Jesus as if he is the godhead.