Palm Sunday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You probably would like this meme instead of the others:
palm_sunday_2.jpg

Anyways, enough about memes,.. that isn't what this topic is about lol no offense or anything though. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyways, enough about memes,.. that isn't what this topic is about lol no offense or anything though. :)
That's a picture depicting Palm Sunday so you could get an idea of what people envision for that event. Or were you just kidding?

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a picture depicting Palm Sunday so you could get an idea of what people envision for that event. Or were you just kidding?

Oops sorry I thought that it was some kind of meme which explains why I didn't get the humor of it lol I just liked the picture. :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot about a couple of beautiful songs for Easter and I will use this one for the sixth day until resurrection Sunday and the other one will be tomorrow. :)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is that exactly again? All I know is that it has something to do with Jesus riding on a donkey. :/

It was fulfilment of Scripture . Zech. 9:9

Zechariah 9:9
King James Version

9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Waving of palms was simply a way of showing respect.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is that exactly again? All I know is that it has something to do with Jesus riding on a donkey. :/

Jesus was the lamb of God. For Passover they had to take a lamb, inspect it and live with it for 5 days, i.e. they took it on the 10th of Nisan before slaying it the evening of the 14th. That day was the same as palm "Sunday" (and like the crucifixion day of the week which is different, his riding into Jerusalem occurred late Friday evening to be there by the 10th on Sabbath). For the people, this was the time they supposed he would become King whereas this was the time Jesus was presenting himself as the lamb of God. So he came riding in when people were taking in their lambs. Scriptures: Exodus 12:3, Exodus 12:6, Mark 11:11, Zechariah 9:9. On the last scripture, it's interesting to note that there's gaps of time in this prophecy (as with many). Zechariah 9:9 talks about Jesus coming as King riding lowly like that, thus people expected that was the time to take the throne of David. But in the very next verse the tribe of Ephraim is mentioned. That tribe,along with 10 others were not (and still are not) with the Jews, which are mainly from Judah and Benjamin (Ezra 10:7-9). So the prophecy identifies Jesus but this is one of many prophetic clues that He does his work in a twofold way, i.e. will come back again to take the throne. The throne and Zedekiah lineage was not in Jerusalem at the time of Christ, but were exiled.

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Palm Sunday kicks off Passion week. Which for Jews starts Passover Week.

About ⅓ to ½ of each Gospel is spent detailing this week... especially the trial, conviction, death and resurrection.

There's a locus of all the prophesies and foreshadowing about this week in the Old Testament. This is the culmination of the entire Israeli history.

Palm Sunday is when Jesus is recognized as the Messiah formally by the crowds. And if you think that riding a donkey colt that hasn't been saddle broke is easy...try it yourself. LOL.

Even the term "Hosanna" is Hebrew for "Save Us". Which the Roman Government thought of as extremely treasonous. The people finally called Jesus their King. (Religious leadership didn't)

But it was a bit of honor for Jesus that he deserved...and less than a week later He was betrayed, convicted, humiliated, and executed in the worst possible manner as if He committed the worst possible crimes.

Reactions: Azim and April_Rose

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 49:11-12 KJV
[11] Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes: [12] His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.

Give God the glory!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Holy cow!! She's seven!?! She sounds more like in her twenties or thirties. 0__0 This kid has an AMAZING future ahead of her and what a gift that God gave this precious little one!! WOW!!! :D (I can't sing like her and I'm thirty-one lol)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy cow!! She's seven!?! She sounds more like in her twenties or thirties. 0__0 This kid has an AMAZING future ahead of her and what a gift that God gave this precious little one!! WOW!!! :D (I can't sing like her and I'm thirty-one lol)

There are quite a few videos of her and that was a few years back. She is amazing and inspirational.