Parable of the Wheat and Tares Matthew 13:24-43

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
I have just completed my next video. Please watch it and let me know what you think. It is fairly rare but I think the Lord wanted me to do this video at this time. I hope you enjoy this video and find it helpful to your own studies.

The video explains the Parable of the Tares, calling attention to the fact that Jesus' followers must co-exist among those who wish to do them harm, even setting tripping hazards in their way. The devil plants his seed after Jesus plants his seed, hoping to thwart their efforts through temptation and corruption.

Parable of the Wheat and Tares

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The video explains the Parable of the Tares, calling attention to the fact that Jesus' followers must co-exist among those who wish to do them harm, even setting tripping hazards in their way. The devil plants his seed after Jesus plants his seed, hoping to thwart their efforts through temptation and corruption.
I never thought of tares as seeking to do us harm at all - they peacefully try to co-exist, not even knowing they are tares, and not being separated until the angel does the separating later.

Those who seek to do us harm, the catholics, the false gospel bringers, they are not tares, but dangerous and unwelcome and are not to be greeted, are not to be allowed as they are accursed if they bring a false gospel ...
i.e. the clear instructions in the NT show what to do with or about those who seek to do us harm, wittingly or unwittingly

Even like the girl who said "These men are of God, listen to them".

was of demon, and finally after being worn out by her, the apostle cast the demon out of her.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose one can be a stumbling block and not know it? I believe, however, that when the New Testament speaks about "sons of the evil one", these know themselves as opponents of Jesus and his followers.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose one can be a stumbling block and not know it? I believe, however, that when the New Testament speaks about "sons of the evil one", these know themselves as opponents of Jesus and his followers.
No need to suppose - always go by what is written.

Even the ones Jesus directly said were not only sons of the devil thought they were God's chosen priests and continued working in the Temple.

Some willingly know they are opposed to God, yes,
and they say so fairly often, publicly and privately.

Others think they are Christian leaders, believing whatever they believe is true,
same as the religious leaders who sought to put Jesus to death, and later to put the Apostles/ Christians to death.

Millions of people were slaughtered wantonly by so-called "Christian" leaders, leaders who later even may never of repented of being the sons of the devil.

And if the leaders were so much of hasatan, those converts they went across a desert and an ocean to make, became twice as much evil, as Jesus says.

As written already in the first century "many anti-christs among (or around ) us" .....
so much more so now, in the last hour... as written.

No, they don't know their own total depravity, as written, as also when they are questioned (they keep on posting, leading in so-called churches, saying they are teaching the truth when it is just the opposite) .

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The field is the world"

This idea deserves special mention because many interpretations of this parable understand it as a doctrine concerning the church, loosing sight of Jesus' statement that the field represents the world. This isn't the church living in community with each other; this is individual Christians living among the pagans. The parable addresses the fact that the sons of light and the sons of darkness will live and work side-by-side.

Reactions: Joseph77

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
I have just completed my next video. Please watch it and let me know what you think. It is fairly rare but I think the Lord wanted me to do this video at this time. I hope you enjoy this video and find it helpful to your own studies.

Parable of the Wheat and Tares

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

I disagree with the idea some have that our Lord Jesus only started speaking in parables later in His Ministry like Matthew 13. At the first He was preaching The Gospel to the multitudes, about the kingdom, and working miracles. Those simple things in The Gospel about Faith and remission of sins are never to be hidden in a parable. Only the deeper things (God's mysteries) are hidden from the profane.

The parable of the tares is a deeper mystery simply because it is about Christ's enemies from the start of this world, and God showed us in His Old Testament Word just who those are, and Jesus showed who they are in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 about the false Jews of the "synagogue of Satan". Then Jude 1 reveals about the crept in unawares, which were ordained to that condemnation, pointing to the tares.

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

KJV

Judg 2:1-4
2:1 And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.
2 And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?

3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.
4 And it came to pass, when the angel of the LORD spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.
KJV

Judg 1:16
16 And the children of the Kenite, Moses' father in law, went up out of the city of palm trees with the children of Judah into the wilderness of Judah, which lieth in the south of Arad; and they went and dwelt among the people.

KJV

Gen 15:18-21
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,

20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.
KJV

1 Chron 2:55
55 And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.

KJV

The Kenites were a people from the land of Canaan. They crept in among the tribe of Judah, and even became scribes in Israel in charge of keeping God's written Word.

What Jesus said to the blind scribes and Pharisees...

John 8:41-44
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to Him, "We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God."
42 Jesus said unto them, "If God were your Father, ye would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me.

43 Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

KJV

Jesus revealed who the tares are to His elect of the Church of Smyrna and Philadelphia...

Rev 2:9
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
KJV

Rev 3:9
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
KJV

This FACT will be proven even more so when the false Jews build their new temple in Jerusalem for their spiritual father, the devil, to sit in and play Messiah, a position that Satan has always wanted with being worshiped in place of God. This those in Christ were warned about by our Lord Jesus in Matthew 24, Mark 13, through Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2, and through Apostle John in Revelation 13:11 forward.