Paradise Refound

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5igsdhEIiFk

Part one... Why are we here? I believe that the creation of the universe, or the big boom, was in response to Lucifers fall.

Some 15 billion years ago there existed three groups of angels. The head of the worshipping third, Lucifer, having exalted himself within his heart, left the paradise of God for the great void. God did create the universe in the midst of the void with these words….

…Let there be light… - Genesis 1:3

As the universe expanded the Milky Way took shape and the sun adjusted to an appropriate temperature… God moved again….

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. – Genesis – 1:4-5

The purpose of this study is to re-discover the true spiritual light and energies that Lucifer forsook so many years ago… A spiritual paradise to regain!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I'm not a big fan of Olsteen I'm not to impressed with the way he handles himself in the world where it really counts.
I think it rather remarkable that he says he has never bothered to look into the Mormon doctrine but he has a positive opinion.
Now that's positive thinking isn't it? But it may simply be wishful thinking as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K_u2FaPtiQ

I seen this interview live and was rather disappointed as well. It's not a matter of judging it's a matter of proclaiming Jesus before men.
Paraphrased, don't worry about it Larry that's between you and God.
Is it wishful "positive" thinking that Larry can deny Christ and still be accepted by the Father?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKF_QgNezBY

I don't imagine that's the same-thing he says in his church, but I may be wrong I haven't listened to but a few of his videos.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
I don't imagine that's the same-thing he says in his church, but I may be wrong I haven't listened to but a few of his videos.

Rex... Those are very old videos of the guy. They were mistakes made on his part. I would like to say in his support that Joel....

1. Does try to evangelize
2. Does end his prayers in Jesus name
3. Does invite people to ask Jesus into their heart after each service.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
rockytopva said:
Rex... Those are very old videos of the guy. They were mistakes made on his part. I would like to say in his support that Joel....

1. Does try to evangelize
2. Does end his prayers in Jesus name
3. Does invite people to ask Jesus into their heart after each service.
1 Has one of the largest churches in USA, by proxy he inherited his fathers church,
2 I think this is pretty elementary and anyone truly seeking direction and a more meaning full walk with Christ practice the same.
3 Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. I believe this true no matter who is speaking the words. Or anyone that opens a bible and reads, the Spirit is there. The Spirit and the Word work together, IMO I have never heard Joel give or speak about much of anything except the fundamentals and how Gods going to bless you. He rarely and IMO avoids the topic that walking with Christ is hard If you truly seek first the kingdom of heaven, it becomes clear in the videos the Joel doesn't walk that walk but instead chooses to speak pleasing words to masses, as to not offend anyone.

From a distance I have to consider someone that is invited to speak threw a secular outlet to millions of people and the Spirit doesn't provide the words or bring to remembrance words that would testify to the basic concept that the door to true salvation in Christ Jesus. Then to equate or implicate that Mormonism is also seeking Christ as he is?? Well maybe there is more truth to that than meets your eye. I don't think he should condemn Mormons or minimize Christ but it is still missed opportunity, a watering down of the truth to appeal to the masses instead of the Father's Spirit bringing glory to the Son by speaking the truth.

John MacArthur has some comments on one of Joel's books comparing what Joels says and teaches to the word.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDuDN2FtrIo

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
rockytopva said:

LOL just what is a more friendly debate forum? One where others debate for you?
So you can practice the neutral brand of Christianity "the never say anything people don't like" the "always preach what everyone wants to hear gospel"?
I'll remind you that was what the great Prophets came to teach against, false prophets prophesying what Israel wanted to hear instead of the truth, Isaiah and Elisha comes to mind.