When were angels created?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CERN:

Unlike normal matter, dark matter does not interact with the electromagnetic force. This means it does not absorb, reflect or emit light. Researchers have been able to infer the existence of dark matter only from the gravitational effect it seems to have on visible matter.
NASA:

One explanation for dark energy is that it is a property of space. ... As more space comes into existence, more of this energy-of-space would appear. As a result, this form of energy would cause the universe to expand faster and faster.
Job 38:

4 “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone,
7 when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Genesis 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was formless and void,
Was this the invisible dark earth, the foundation of the earth?

and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
Did angels exist at this point? Were these dark waters made of dark matter and dark photons? Could angels be composed of dark matter and dark energy before physical space-time existed? Angels in their natural state, are not localized in the space-time coordinates. They exist in the spiritual reality.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Now came the ordinary matter and energy. The physical universe began.

4 And God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.”
And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
The process of creation paused at its first logical break.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

When were angels created?​

hmmm, let me see, 20,547 BC give or take a few months?

Reactions: XFire

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When angels came into being is a hard one. I would think that God delegates as Christ did to his disciples.
Are angels a creation of God the Father or of Jesus. Heb 1.6
So that they existed as things were being created .
Refs. Heb 1.2, 4, 7, 2.7

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CERN:

NASA:

Job 38:

Genesis 1:

Was this the invisible dark earth, the foundation of the earth?

Did angels exist at this point? Were these dark waters made of dark matter and dark photons? Could angels be composed of dark matter and dark energy before physical space-time existed? Angels in their natural state, are not localized in the space-time coordinates. They exist in the spiritual reality.

Now came the ordinary matter and energy. The physical universe began.

The process of creation paused at its first logical break.
The question of "when" implies the existence of time. I believe that time is a physical entity which came into existence only with the creation of the physical universe. Personally, I don't believe that time exists in the spiritual realm. That is hard for us to even imagine, but I believe that to be the case.

Reactions: XFire

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JBO gives an interesting opinion regarding the creation of angels. The following seems to be saying the hosts (angels) of heaven were created by God within the six days of creation, and that all that is in heaven and the earth both visible and invisible were created by God before He rested from His work of creation in the beginning.

Colossians 1:16 (KJV) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Genesis 2:1-3 (KJV)
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Genesis 32:1-2 (KJV) And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him. And when Jacob saw them, he said, This is God's host: and he called the name of that place Mahanaim.

Luke 2:13-15 (KJV) And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, how would you phrase the question: When were angels created?
I wouldn't ask that question. All I would do is to posit my own personal opinion that it was before the creation of the heavens and earth. That, to me, makes sense even if there is no such thing as time in the spiritual realm.

Reactions: Cassandra

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wouldn't ask that question. All I would do is to posit my own personal opinion that it was before the creation of the heavens and earth. That, to me, makes sense even if there is no such thing as time in the spiritual realm.
Right. Now, let me rephrase the question: Were angels created before Day 1 in Genesis?

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. As ref in Rev 3.14. Jesus was the first creation of God.

This verse does not say that Jesus is God's first creation. It attributes creation from the beginning as being from Him.

Revelation 3:14 (KJV) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

John 1:1-3 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:10-14 (KJV) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was not created. Jesus is God (John 1:1).
KJV rev 3.14. Who is the "faithful and true witness", "the amen". The first creation of God. Col 1.15 also states that Jesus is a created being. Also heb 1.1..7 implies this.

John 1.1. 3 also proves rev 3.14

Please brevet the words in the Bible over the word from the pulpit

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV rev 3.14. Who is the "faithful and true witness", "the amen". The first creation of God. Col 1.15 also states that Jesus is a created being. Also heb 1.1..7 implies this.

John 1.1. 3 also proves rev 3.14

Please brevet the words in the Bible over the word from the pulpit
Just bad interpretation. I am done with this line of thinking.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just bad interpretation. I am done with this line of thinking.
Wow. Rev 3.14 These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Doesn't get much plainer than that

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Now, let me rephrase the question: Were angels created before Day 1 in Genesis?
Yes, they were created before the first day, because that FIRST day is not about the rest of the Universe, but about terraforming the planet to adapt it for the posterior life. When the earth was already full of the extraordinary beauty that differentiates it from any other spatial body, and there was probably already life on it, the angels of God exclaimed full of admiration for that creation. IOW, they already existed when the planet was ready for human beings.

Job 38:4 Where were you when I founded the earth?
Tell me, if you think you understand.
5 Who set its measurements, in case you know,
Or who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 Into what were its pedestals sunk,
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars joyfully cried out together,
And all the sons of God began shouting in applause?

Something similar happens when you consider day one since the creation of Adam. When the human chronology begins to be counted since Adam on (for example, when it says that he fathered Seth when he was 130 years old in Gen.5:3) it does not refer to the number of days/years since the planet was created, but to the number of days/years since Adam was created on a planet that had existed for a long time before.

So there are several beginnings:

1) Jesus became the beginning (Pro. 8:22; Col. 1:18) when he was begotten by God as his firstborn Son
2) the spiritual creation is originated through the Logos, including angels (Col. 1:15-17; Heb. 1:2,3)
3) the creation of the material Universe including a primordial planet Earth (Gen. 1:1,2)
4) the planet begins to be prepared for life (the First Creative Day respect to the planet in Gen. 1:3-5)
5) human beings are created and begin to procreate on the planet (Gen. 2:7,8).

Last edited: