Passion of the Christ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
images
images
images
images

When I first watch this movie it crushed me and through the scenes of His scourging and crucifixion I cried uncontrollably and while He hung on the cross I saw my sins written in His flesh.......I could never watch it again until last night.
I felt I needed to be reminded what He suffered....I still couldn't watch some scenes.

But I did catch something I missed before.....

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
images
The priests said let his blood be upon us.

images
Satan was walking through the crowd unseen and was provoking the crowd to hate and anger.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
images
Pilate had ordered Jesus to be scourged....and these scenes were so hard to watch .....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I had to set up the scenario to get to my OP.....the judicial system did not want to crucify Jesus based on the charges they were presenting....
so Pilate finally washes his hands and the priests are more than willing to let His blood be on them....

It was sin that He died for...but it was religion that accuses him....get my point? what say you?

Reactions: Josho

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay I had to set up the scenario to get to my OP.....the judicial system did not want to crucify Jesus based on the charges they were presenting....
so Pilate finally washes his hands and the priests are more than willing to let His blood be on them....

It was sin that He died for...but it was religion that accuses him....get my point? what say you?
I have the DVD but only watched it once, and like you we wept buckets.

Pilate had no just reason to put Jesus to death but his was by his command and his men that it was done.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the DVD but only watched it once, and like you we wept buckets.

Pilate had no just reason to put Jesus to death but his was by his command and his men that it was done.
Understood....the priests brought Him to Pilate...Pilate refused to sentence Him to death by crucifixion, so he said to the priests do what you want I will not partake of this...(ad lib)...the only thing he did was to have his soldiers do the bidding of what the priests wanted done....and mind you this is the false religion because they deny that Jesus is the messiah. Isn't it?

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Understood....the priests brought Him to Pilate...Pilate refused to sentence Him to death by crucifixion, so he said to the priests do what you want I will not partake of this...(ad lib)...the only thing he did was to have his soldiers do the bidding of what the priests wanted done....and mind you this is the false religion because they deny that Jesus is the messiah. Isn't it?
@Heart2Soul As well as all the emotion of the Crucifixion, it's really all the truth and doctrine that lies behind the meaning of the Lord Jesus' death at the Cross that is so significant for time and for eternity, I do believe.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul As well as all the emotion of the Crucifixion, it's really all the truth and doctrine that lies behind the meaning of the Lord Jesus' death at the Cross that is so significant for time and for eternity, I do believe.
Yes I know, and after I watched it again I asked God why did He have to suffer so brutally? Why couldn't He have just been put to death in a humane way...why did he have to suffer such mockery and shame and all the physical trauma to His body....they didn't even treat the sacrificial lambs of the OT in such a manner....in fact they were pampered.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I know, and after I watched it again I asked God why did He have to suffer so brutally? Why couldn't He have just been put to death in a humane way...why did he have to suffer such mockery and shame and all the physical trauma to His body....they didn't even treat the sacrificial lambs of the OT in such a manner....in fact they were pampered.
On the other hand though he died sooner than usual and they didn't break his legs.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl, if you have never listened to Jim Caviezel, testimony about this movie you would love it.....it tugs your heartstrings hard. He was struck by lightning while hanging on the cross at the end of the movie and died.....well go listen to it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl, if you have never listened to Jim Caviezel, testimony about this movie you would love it.....it tugs your heartstrings hard. He was struck by lightning while hanging on the cross at the end of the movie and died.....well go listen to it.
I saw him talking about it in a TV interview and it was very moving.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"One of the prophecies that has been applied to "prove" the "crucifixion" of Yahshua by Christianity is Psalm 22:16-18. Unfortunately, the etymology of that Psalm has never been properly examined.
For dogs have surrounded me, -- an assembly of evil doers have encircled me, THEY HAVE PIERCED MY HANDS AND FEET, I MAY TELL ALL MY BONES, THEY [HIS BONES] LOOK FOR -- THEY [HIS BONES] BEHOLD ME! They part my garments among them, and for my vestment they cast lots [Psalm 22:16-18].
The only manner in which a man’s bones might view him is if they were no longer enclosed in flesh."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask the Almighty Father in Heaven, to show the total inadequacy of this idea (as if Jesus was spared agony) >>
You missed the point...had he not been beaten nearly to death He would have hung for hours sometimes days to die...and as custom if the Sabbath was the next day they would break the legs of the person to make him die faster.
Geez can ya give it a rest?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Later, if you desire accuracy, look up that quote on google - it will disclose a page** that discloses what you are clearly missing.
You missed the point...had he not been beaten nearly to death He would have hung for hours sometimes days to die...and as custom if the Sabbath was the next day they would break the legs of the person to make him die faster.
Geez can ya give it a rest?

** trigger alert: that page has very graphic, descriptive word pictures/explanations(from Scripture/ language) that some are revulsed by....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Later, if you desire accuracy, look up that quote on google - it will disclose a page** that discloses what you are clearly missing.

** trigger alert: that page has very graphic, descriptive word pictures/explanations(from Scripture/ language) that some are revulsed by....
can you just speak English...makes it easier to comprehend what point you are trying to make.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you just speak English...makes it easier to comprehend what point you are trying to make.
There's not enough space on one thread, and the context of that page, about the execution , the BRUTAL EXECUTION OF JESUS,
is rarely if ever taught in churches you know about or visited.

(they 'all', with few if any exceptions seen, 'gloos over it', make it 'nicer', to not offend .... so they sin doing so)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's not enough space on one thread, and the context of that page, about the execution , the BRUTAL EXECUTION OF JESUS,
is rarely if ever taught in churches you know about or visited.
What I supplied were just clips from the movie...and I chose those to address the main theme of my OP.