Passion of the Christ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:p:p
There's not enough space on one thread, and the context of that page, about the execution , the BRUTAL EXECUTION OF JESUS,
is rarely if ever taught in churches you know about or visited.

(they 'all', with few if any exceptions seen, 'gloos over it', make it 'nicer', to not offend .... so they sin doing so)
you are so rebellious....stubborn....and purposely offensive to my human self....can I just be human and share something without it becoming a controversial disclosure of the theological study of the Crucifixion?:p

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I supplied were just clips from the movie...and I chose those to address the main theme of my OP.
I don't know about any of that. It's not at all what I was replying to, posting about, or care about here.
====================================================================
The agony of Christ, son of God, made man,
from filling the universe and holding it all together , to being born a man in such a wicked world, to DYING FOR THE UNRIGHTEOUS, a death more hideous than anyone today , here, realizes ! (His execution described in Scripture, more fully examined in that link/page found)
The Crucifixion , AND , Resurrection, (hope, life, God's Purpose and Word) , that is the Gospel ! >>> CHRIST CRUCIFIED!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are so rebellious....stubborn....and purposely offensive to my human self....can I just be human and share something without it becoming a controversial disclosure of the theological study of the Crucifixion?
GOOD ! 'Selah' ....... (dwell on this) ......

Remain continual in prayer, seeking God's Kingdom, THAT IS IMPORTANT !

Nothing theological is required, nor helpful.

The SWORD ! (what did Jesus say about the SWORD?) .... to separate from .... that IS required....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOOD ! 'Selah' ....... (dwell on this) ......

Remain continual in prayer, seeking God's Kingdom, THAT IS IMPORTANT !

Nothing theological is required, nor helpful.

The SWORD ! (what did Jesus say about the SWORD?) .... to separate from .... that IS required....
200w.webp
images

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I had to set up the scenario to get to my OP.....the judicial system did not want to crucify Jesus based on the charges they were presenting....
so Pilate finally washes his hands and the priests are more than willing to let His blood be on them....

It was sin that He died for...but it was religion that accuses him....get my point? what say you?
"Actually, nothing (for those who are required to believe what they are told by some heirarchy opposed to Jesus).

They don't read and understand as God Gives Understanding - no. They listen to their 'boss' in the heirarchy, and accept that."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Actually, nothing (for those who are required to believe what they are told by some heirarchy opposed to Jesus).

They don't read and understand as God Gives Understanding - no. They listen to their 'boss' in the heirarchy, and accept that."
Well if you want to be a preacher/teacher then go for it...teach us what the crucifixion is according to your knowledge of it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you want to be a preacher/teacher then go for it...teach us what the crucifixion is according to your knowledge of it.
step by step... not what I want... ever.... (it's not my choice).... and so far, the internet does not allow truth to be revealed - the veil remains....

Only some seed might be planted, and watered, God Willing...... growth is cut off by the rules, so people must go elsewhere to grow in Christ Jesus , God's Grace, and Knowledge and Sharing and Fellowship in the Truth....

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
step by step... not what I want... ever.... (it's not my choice).... and so far, the internet does not allow truth to be revealed - the veil remains....

Only some seed might be planted, and watered, God Willing...... growth is cut off by the rules, so people must go elsewhere to grow in Christ Jesus , God's Grace, and Knowledge and Sharing and Fellowship in the Truth....

If you keep posting at your present rate, you will be the most prolific poster on this forum before the end of the year with people still scratching their heads as to the message that you wish to portray on this forum.

What most people read and see is the confusion of your message, whatever conspiracy theory it may be.

Reactions: Joseph77

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I had to set up the scenario to get to my OP.....the judicial system did not want to crucify Jesus based on the charges they were presenting....
so Pilate finally washes his hands and the priests are more than willing to let His blood be on them....

It was sin that He died for...but it was religion that accuses him....get my point? what say you?
Hi Heart2Soul,

Pilate knew it was because of envy that they handed Jesus over to him.

My thoughts . . .

They knew that if they didn't stop Jesus, the whole nation would go after Him, and they were afraid that this would lead to insurrection against Rome, who would in turn crush them all. Better for one man to die for the people than the whole nation to perish!

They saw and heard how the people adored Jesus, worshiping Him, laying down their robes and palms and singing hosannas, after all the work they had done so everyone would know how righteous they were!

Jesus was light, and darkness couldn't stand that!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I know, and after I watched it again I asked God why did He have to suffer so brutally? Why couldn't He have just been put to death in a humane way...why did he have to suffer such mockery and shame and all the physical trauma to His body....they didn't even treat the sacrificial lambs of the OT in such a manner....in fact they were pampered.
I think it was His priestly preparation, learning the human experience of suffering as a result of obedience to God. In this case, to the extreme. There's no where we can go that He has not gone before us.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was His priestly preparation, learning the human experience of suffering as a result of obedience to God. In this case, to the extreme. There's no where we can go that He has not gone before us.

Much love!

Thank you @marks...I am actually studying all the things He suffered for our sakes.

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
images
Pilate had ordered Jesus to be scourged....and these scenes were so hard to watch .....
The Jews rejected their Messiah....The whole purpose of their reality they sabotaged....Their self condemnation (let his blood be on us and our children) was visited with unbelievable brutality in the destruction of Jerusalem some nearly 40yrs later.

Yes..it was hard to watch. The angels looked on in stunned silence as their beloved Commander allowed himself to be abused. They would have gladly stepped in were it not for the Fathers Command........Ahhh yes, Justice and Mercy kissed.....What was deemed by Satan as impossible to reconcile, God sending his own Son condemned sin in the flesh....We do well to contemplate this great mystery......It puts our pride in the dust....it wrenches our hearts.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good point....so it spared Him the agony of dying a slow death by suffocation.
He died of a broken heart....this was evidenced when blood and water poured from his speared side.
The haemoglobin and lymph separated and and accumulated on the diaphragm .....this is known when stress has reached over extreme plus levels.

We feign can grasp the intensity and significance in our mortal state.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews rejected their Messiah....The whole purpose of their reality they sabotaged....Their self condemnation (let his blood be on us and our children) was visited with unbelievable brutality in the destruction of Jerusalem some nearly 40yrs later.

Yes..it was hard to watch. The angels looked on in stunned silence as their beloved Commander allowed himself to be abused. They would have gladly stepped in were it not for the Fathers Command........Ahhh yes, Justice and Mercy kissed.....What was deemed by Satan as impossible to reconcile, God sending his own Son condemned sin in the flesh....We do well to contemplate this great mystery......It puts our pride in the dust....it wrenches our hearts.
It was hard to watch...and it does wrench my heart as you said...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He died of a broken heart....this was evidenced when blood and water poured from his speared side.
The haemoglobin and lymph separated and and accumulated on the diaphragm .....this is known when stress has reached over extreme plus levels.

We feign can grasp the intensity and significance in our mortal state.
I never imagined how much Jesus suffered until seeing this...you can hear it preached all your life but to understand it was hard....this movie brought a very graphic picture of what his suffering was.

Reactions: Pearl and Willie T

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"One of the prophecies that has been applied to "prove" the "crucifixion" of Yahshua by Christianity is Psalm 22:16-18. Unfortunately, the etymology of that Psalm has never been properly examined.
For dogs have surrounded me, -- an assembly of evil doers have encircled me, THEY HAVE PIERCED MY HANDS AND FEET, I MAY TELL ALL MY BONES, THEY [HIS BONES] LOOK FOR -- THEY [HIS BONES] BEHOLD ME! They part my garments among them, and for my vestment they cast lots [Psalm 22:16-18].
The only manner in which a man’s bones might view him is if they were no longer enclosed in flesh."
Bone of my bone, looks upon Him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's how Americans portray many things, look at the movie Sampson. He's portrayed as a sort of Arnold Swartzenager or how ever that's spelled, truth is if he was this big muscle man, why was the enemy having such a hard time discovering the Source of his strength?