Passover 2021 (Pesach) - Festival Of Redemption

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunday 3-28-21 Nisan 14, 5781 1st. day of the weekly cycle, 9th. Spring Day

Passover 2021 (Pesach) - Festival Of REDEMPTION On This Day At Evening/Sunset

Leviticus Twenty Three
1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.

4 These are the feasts of the Lord, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover.

PASSOVER – THE FEAST OF REDEMPTION
by William F Dankenbring

Our Father who art in heaven , we thank you for the great privilege we have been given to come before you in the name of your son, Jesus Christ and in whose name we pray. Hallowed be your name. Thy kingdom come and thy will be done on this earth as it is in heaven. We praise your name for your loving kindness and for your truth. You have magnified your word above all your name. Be merciful unto us according to your word and give us understanding. And with all the understanding, we ask your inspiration and guidance in how to love our neighbor as ourselves. Amen.
This spring holy season is a very wonderful time of beginning the Passover and Days of Unleavened Bread. We are rejoicing before God and his throne, thankful and grateful to him for bringing us to a new year and the joy of fellowship together in His presence in this season.

The Passover of God pictures our redemption plan in a “capsule”—the entire redemptive plan, action and activity of Almighty God—YHVH, our ruler and Creator who has given us the breath of life and called us to himself to be his chosen people.
This is a tremendous honor and opportunity—that we are called and chosen as his elect. That God reached down and chose us to serve him is humbling in spirit. For various reasons it is human for all of us to feel small and insignificant at times, yet we are not to compare ourselves to others or as in my case, other ministries.
In the New Testament, Paul was talking to the Corinthians who were keeping the feast of Unleavened Bread as God commands.

I Corinthians 5:7—“Purge out therefore the old leaven that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.” Christ was our lamb, sacrificed for us, therefore, we keep the feast—the Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread which are one and the same and it is ordained forever.
Leviticus 23:4, 24—“these are the feasts of the Lord YHVH holy convocations that you shall proclaim at their appointed times. Whosoever eats leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day that soul shall be cut off from Israel.” God says you and your sons are to keep his ordained feasts forever.

Exodus 12:1417—“this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance forever.”
This is a most serious Passover season. We must look to God for our salvation as Israel looked to God for their freedom from slavery when in Egypt before the Exodus. America needs to repent of her sins before God or she will perish. We need to take advantage of this Passover season and count the Omer daily and draw near to God from PASSOVER to PENTECOST. The Passover refers to the Jewish people and the people of Israel, but it is also lesson for every true Christian. God commands his followers to keep and observe the Passover.

Ezekiel 8:1618—in the inner court of the Lord’s house were men with their backs toward the temple of the Lord, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east. The angel said to Ezekiel, “Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? For they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose. Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.”

We all have our problems and things to work out, however. Realize that when we are little in our own sight, we are big in God’s sight. The smaller we are in our own sight, the more God can show his power and glory in us.

Corinthians 12:1-10—Paul said, “I might desire to boast but about myself where caught up to heaven and saw visions and heard inexpressible things that no one is permitted to tell (only angels are permitted to know), because it does not help buildup anyone. I will refrain from boasting so that no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming exalted above measure (conceited), I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
If we acknowledge our weaknesses and cry out to God as the apostle Paul did, the power of Christ will rest upon us.
James 4:6-8—“God gives more grace. Therefore He says: ‘God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” The humble will receive his grace. “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.” We are to get rid of the leaven (sin) in our lives—inspect our lives, our homes, and every aspect of our lives in getting rid of wrong attitudes, and thoughts.
Hebrews 12:6 -10—“for whom the LORD loves, he chastens; and he scourges every son whom he receives. If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons. For what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.” All God’s children have become partakers of the chastening process so we can be humbled and yielded to him and do what is pleasing in his sight.

If we keep his commands and do what is pleasing in his sight, some day we will be given honor and glory. If you are not chastened, then you are not one of God’s children. “Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness”—therefore, ultimately of His glory and power. We can become like God in holiness. Once he can trust us, he can give us more of his power for us to use in our life in serving him in this world. Verse 11—“Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.”

We are to renew our spiritual vitality daily. Hebrews 12:12-17—“Therefore, strengthen the hands which hang down (feeble arms), and the feeble (weak) knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather be healed. Pursue peace and holiness—make every effort to live in peace with all people and to be holy: without holiness no one will see God.
Looking carefully (see to it) lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness (complaint) spring up trouble for you and thereby many be defiled; lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright.”
God has called us and given us the birthright opportunity to be in his kingdom and to become like him as members of his family—to be his children, sons of God and rulers with Him over the Universe.
Paul says in verse 17, “For you know that afterward, when he (Esau) wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.” Esau blew it by selling his birthright... On that particular blessing, he couldn’t have it back. But he would not repent and became bitter and angry refusing to go God’s way becoming a candidate for the lake of fire.

A root of bitterness can be likened to a dandelion found growing in your lawn. Once the plant appears and flowers, unless the dandelion is rooted out right away the seed is cast abroad everywhere and your lawn soon becomes full of dandelions and spreads to your neighbors’ lawns as well. Amen!

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Last edited: