Passover vs Eucharist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is not physical blood that is drunk - it is the blood of Jesus in the physical form of wine. God can be present in any form of matter he so chooses. Do you doubt his power?

I will ignore your last remark and treat it for what it is..sarcasm, and point out that you are the first person in 10 years of dealing with this subject that claims that the blood of Jesus in physical form is wine. If you believe that you will believe anything.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I DO know what the Church is - I also know her name and where to find her ... but you don't.
Your vacuous non-answers not only paint you as an ignoramus, they make trying to have an intelligent dialogue with you somewhat futile
Oh dear, I must stop arguing with God.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In other words, you can't tell me where where the Church can be found today, and you can't tell where, as Paul did, one would go for correct doctrine and to settle doctrinal disputes. I feel sorry for you - you must feel very alone and lost, not knowing where to find the Church and not knowing what correct doctrine looks like..

In other words, you are as thick as two short planks.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Funny that you would say eternal life!
Do you know what it meant when Christ said Truly, truly? John 6:53 Truly, truely, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves.
If you do not do this and believe, He does not abide in you, you have no eternal life, and He will not raise you in the end.
What does that mean? Are going to be scratching on the inside of your casket? Are you going to be a Ghost? Christ gave no if's and's or but's. So startling that most of the people around Him walked away, even His disciples. He even asked the Apostles if they were going to leave too? It is not a metaphorical statement, He never says Truly, truly for parables or metaphorical statements. And what He described here was performed at the Last Supper.

Please note that you DO NOT form a doctrine with one verse of scripture. If you did not know that best keep quiet.

And just as matter of interest I already have a God to obey so I don't need another one who thinks he is God.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL......Of course the Christians before the Reformation were dumb and stupid. They didn’t have a bible to take home with with or to carry to church every Sunday to check the gospels themselves against what the priest was telling them.

And then one day......MIRACLE.....the printing press. Now EVERYONE could read the Bible and figure it out for themselves. They didn’t need the pesky Church telling them what Scripture said OR meant. They were all of a sudden smarter than The Church.

Over time they got smarter and smarter. Men who initially agreed with Luther REFORMED his teaching And broke away. And then men that disagreed with those men REFORMED that teaching and broke away and so on and so on and so on until today, 500 years later, we have Churches teaching that abortion and gay marriage are approved by God. The further you get away from the teachings of The Church the more right you are.....I guess?

Fascinating....simply fascinating!!

"And I tell you that you are Luther and upon this Luther
I will build my church 15 centuries from now...​

pope-luther.jpg

...for until then all the theologians and church leaders
will be devoid of the Holy Spirit and will be incapable of interpreting my word."​

a>

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerDC and Marymog

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL......Of course the Christians before the Reformation were dumb and stupid. They didn’t have a bible to take home with with or to carry to church every Sunday to check the gospels themselves against what the priest was telling them.

And then one day......MIRACLE.....the printing press. Now EVERYONE could read the Bible and figure it out for themselves. They didn’t need the pesky Church telling them what Scripture said OR meant. They were all of a sudden smarter than The Church.
Fascinating....simply fascinating!!

sola-scriptura.png

Reactions: RogerDC and Marymog

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course the Christians before the Reformation were dumb and stupid. They didn’t have a bible to take home with with or to carry to church every Sunday to check the gospels themselves against what the priest was telling them.
One can only pity those poor lost pre-Refo imbeciles - imagine having no Bible and having only the teachings of the apostles to rely on! Awful. No wonder those fools got it so wrong.

The printing press and Sola Scriptural actually led to a new revelation - there is not ONE Holy Spirit, but an almost infinite number of Holy Spirits. each with a different interpretation of the Bible! Me tink dat mazing!
Over time they got smarter and smarter. Men who initially agreed with Luther REFORMED his teaching And broke away. And then men that disagreed with those men REFORMED that teaching and broke away and so on and so on and so on until today, 500 years later, we have Churches teaching that abortion and gay marriage are approved by God. The further you get away from the teachings of The Church the more right you are.....I guess?
Yes, I think you're right. Truth evolves and those who preach abortion and gay marriage are the smartest and most evolved Christians yet.
The Catholic Church is so backward and dumb.

Last edited:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In other words, you are as thick as two short planks.
In other words, you can't tell me where you can find the Church, and where, as Paul did, you can check that your doctrine is correct. Neither can you tell me where, as Paul did, you can have doctrinal disputes settled.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christian Pastors Bless Late-Term Abortion Clinic and Its Staff, “All They Do is For God’s Glory”

“Christian” Pastors Hold Ceremony to Bless Abortion Clinic, Say Killing Babies a “Joyous Focus”

7 Christian Denominations with Most Liberal Stance on Abortion

1. United Church of Christ
2. Unitarian Universalist Association
3. Metropolitan Community Church
4. Presbyterian Church USA
5. Evangelical Lutheran Church
6. Christ Church (Assembly of God)
7. United Methodist Church

The Episcopal Diocese of Michigan has consecrated its first openly lesbian bishop, in a move that the liberal mainline regional body is confident will not lead to further large-scale departures from the denomination.

List of Christian denominations affirming LGBT

This is why, IMO, God is allowing our civilization to collapse on itself. Jesus builds His Church that can never be destroyed, because of God's promises, not a junk pile with a limited warranty.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
150 Reasons why I am Catholic by Dave Armstrong

1. Best One-Sentence Summary: I am convinced that the Catholic Church conforms much more closely to all of the biblical data, offers the only coherent view of the history of Christianity (i.e., Christian, apostolic Tradition), and possesses the most profound and sublime Christian morality, spirituality, social ethic, and philosophy.

2. Alternate: I am a Catholic because I sincerely believe, by virtue of much cumulative evidence, that Catholicism is true, and that the Catholic Church is the visible Church divinely-established by our Lord Jesus, against which the gates of hell cannot and will not prevail (Mt 16:18), thereby possessing an authority to which I feel bound in Christian duty to submit.

3. 2nd Alternate: I left Protestantism because it was seriously deficient in its interpretation of the Bible (e.g., "faith alone" and many other "Catholic" doctrines - see evidences below), inconsistently selective in its espousal of various Catholic Traditions (e.g., the Canon of the Bible), inadequate in its ecclesiology, lacking a sensible view of Christian history (e.g., "Scripture alone"), compromised morally (e.g., contraception, divorce, abortion, same sex unions...), and unbiblically schismatic, anarchical, and relativistic. I don't therefore believe that Protestantism is all bad (not by a long shot), but these are some of the major deficiencies I eventually saw as fatal to the "theory" of Protestantism, over against Catholicism. All Catholics must regard baptized, Nicene, Chalcedonian Protestants as Christians.
150 Reasons why I am Catholic by Dave Armstrong ::

Read more: https://www.catholicfidelity.com/apologetics-topics/misc/a150-reasons-why-i-am-catholic-by-dave-armstrong/

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In other words, you can't tell me where you can find the Church, and where, as Paul did, you can check that your doctrine is correct. Neither can you tell me where, as Paul did, you can have doctrinal disputes settled.
I could tell you a lot of things but as your replies suggest that it would be a waste of time I will refrain from throwing pearls before swine.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I could tell you a lot of things but as your replies suggest that it would be a waste of time I will refrain from throwing pearls before swine.
In other words, you can't tell me where you can find the Church, and where, as Paul did, you can check that your doctrine is correct. Neither can you tell me where, as Paul did, you can have doctrinal disputes settled. You're all talk and no action.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In other words, you can't tell me where you can find the Church, and where, as Paul did, you can check that your doctrine is correct. Neither can you tell me where, as Paul did, you can have doctrinal disputes settled. You're all talk and no action.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I haven't noticed any "pearls" from you yet.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I haven't eaten Jesus flesh and I haven't drunk his blood but I know without a shadow of a doubt I have eternal life.
How do you know you "have eternal life"? Did Jesus send you a certificate of salvation or a ticket to Heaven?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Neither the catholic or protestant church is the one. The church that is the one that Jesus referred to when he said I will build MY church. If it is not HIS church it is a waste of time whatever it calls itself.
Which Church is "the one"?
1Tim 3:15 says the Church is the "pillar and foundation of the truth". So which Church has "the truth"?