Passover vs Eucharist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I did answer your question. In Post #102 I said: I never suggested or made the “point” that “at the last supper” Jesus told “them whoever ate of that bread will never die.”

Sooooo in summary you are asking me to defend something I never said OR thought soooo I am a bit confused.

Thank you for answering my question.

When you partake of communion (The Last Supper) as Jesus commanded do you believe it is His body/blood?

Mary
Do you or do you not believe the flesh in John 6 is the same as the flesh at the last supper?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t understand why you are telling God that he should make the “same promise” for both breads. That confuses me. Clearly the promise was NOT for both breads...just like Scripture says.

The “last supper bread” is not normal bread. That is what the Catholic Church believes and some, NOT ALL, Protestants believe. It is what Jesus said it was “his body”. It is as Paul said; a participation in the body of Christ. Do you not believe what Jesus and Paul said? Jesus ALSO said when we eat this bread (which is Him) we will not die. Do you not believe what Jesus said?

How do you eat Him EG?

Curious Mary
So the promise is not both breads This is good

so have you rated the bread which Jesus said whoever eats will not die?

I ate the bread over 40 years ago

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Clearly the bread was not his actual body, as he was standing before them,

Clearly? Jesus said 'this is my body, take and eat'

You'll forgive me if I put my trust in the One who is Truth, rather than what anyone else may 'clearly see'

Was it St. Augustine who said: 'that day when God held God in His hands..' ?

Peace!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you or do you not believe the flesh in John 6 is the same as the flesh at the last supper?
I am not sure I completely understand what you are asking so I will answer based on what I THINK you are asking me.

In John 6:51 Jesus equated his flesh to bread. Bread that he told us we must eat. As His disciple I will do what He tells me to do.

At the last supper he showed us how to eat His flesh. The “flesh at the last supper” is the bread that He holds up, blesses and gives to the Apostles. When he did this he said, “This IS my body (flesh)...”. I believe what He said. He said “do this in remembrance of me”. I also do what He said.

I hope that answers your question.

Why did you dodge my question? (When you partake of communion (The Last Supper) as Jesus commanded do you believe it is His body/blood?)

Curious Mary

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure I completely understand what you are asking so I will answer based on what I THINK you are asking me.

In John 6:51 Jesus equated his flesh to bread. Bread that he told us we must eat. As His disciple I will do what He tells me to do.

At the last supper he showed us how to eat His flesh. The “flesh at the last supper” is the bread that He holds up, blesses and gives to the Apostles. When he did this he said, “This IS my body (flesh)...”. I believe what He said. He said “do this in remembrance of me”. I also do what He said.

I hope that answers your question.

Why did you dodge my question? (When you partake of communion (The Last Supper) as Jesus commanded do you believe it is His body/blood?)

Curious Mary
So you think they are the same, thank you! this is what I thought

in John 6 jesus said whoever at that bread will never die

if it is the same bread, why did Jesus not say this at the last supper?

also, again jesus said if you eat you will not die

so do you think you can still die (spiritually) and why do you keep eating the food jesus said endures forever?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the promise is not both breads This is good

so have you rated the bread which Jesus said whoever eats will not die?

I ate the bread over 40 years ago
I do not understand what you mean.

ALSO....you dodged my question....again :(

I asked you How do you eat Him EG?....Your ‘answer’ was WHEN you ate bread.....Nice dodge!!!

Soooo how do you fulfill His request to eat him???

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think they are the same, thank you! this is what I thought

so do you think you can still die (spiritually) and why do you keep eating the food jesus said endures forever?
Hi dodgeball,

Once you answer my question I will re-engage with you.

Chow

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not understand what you mean.

ALSO....you dodged my question....again :(

I asked you How do you eat Him EG?....Your ‘answer’ was WHEN you ate bread.....Nice dodge!!!

Soooo how do you fulfill His request to eat him???

Patient Mary
I ate him 40 years ago

it is the spirit who gives life THE WORDS I SPEAK are spirit and life

as peter said, YOY HAVE THE WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE.

I have asked you multiple times now

jesus told us who ate this bread will never die.

What did he mean?

If you can not answer just say so,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't think life is conditional on abiding in Christ?

if it is, it is life that is CONDITIONAL in abiding, hence conditional life,

eternal means forever, if I have eternal life, it means I will never die

which is exactly what Jesus said in John 6

John 6:50–51 (NKJV): This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

Then sadly, it does appear we cannot agree..

May our Lord, Jesus Christ, guide your steps always!

Peace be with you!
peace with you also

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jesus told us who ate this bread will never die.

What did he mean?

If you can not answer just say so,
Thank you.

I have answered....several times....sooooo I will answer again by using scripture. Romans 6:23 is ANOTHER answer to your question.

He also told Martha basically the same thing in John 11:25-26 (that we will not die) What did he mean in that passage EG?

Bible study Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did He have to repeat at the Last Supper what He said in John 6? Or do you think the Apostles were so stupid they didn’t get the connection so He should have repeated it? If He would have repeated it would you be convinced then?

Paul got the connection and he wasn’t even at the Last Supper: 1 Corinthians 10:16

Mary

Reactions: Philip James

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think ANYONE can die spiritually.

I don’t know what you mean by why do I keep eating the food that Jesus said endures forever.

Why do you not capitalize His name? Is that intentional?

Curious Mary

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who am I question what God need or need not do?

HE does what HE does..

I cannot dictate to God what He need do.

Love is obedience to His will.

Peace be with you!
We are to explore God's revelation which is why He speaks in parables. The Lord expects to ask and understand.

So to have a miracle of transformation to enable eating Christ's body is absurd. To regard the bread as His body has the same value unless Jesus was not really human.

People love ceremony to bring reality, rather than dealing with ones heart. If the Lord needs us to eat His body as we eat He can bring this about. The use of a priest is adding to scripture and simply not there.

God bless you.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it say in the Greek, azumos, or artos?

I'm hoping that someone that reads Greek would know and could tell me. It should be the same then for the Lord's Supper, but some churches use unleavened crackers, and others actually have a community loaf of bread.