Pastor Pay Scale

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright, I'll bite!

For someone who is a real pastor, $74k is too low. There is NOTHING more important than proper worship and proper leadership.

If we could bring Peter or Paul back, would we scorn an offering of a million for just one hour?

A true minister is worthy of his earnings. The law says a pastor can draw a third of the offering. God said its all his. But in the USA with tax exempt status, its 1/3.

I donte like false preachers nor those that look at preaching as a way to make a living. But those called to preach are worthy of a descent salary. There job is more important than being president or a point guard for the Cavs.

Give them the money they earn, need and deserve.

James W

Dec 17, 2015
S.W Michigan for now
FHII said:
Alright, I'll bite!
For someone who is a real pastor, $74k is too low. There is NOTHING more important than proper worship and proper leadership.
If we could bring Peter or Paul back, would we scorn an offering of a million for just one hour?
A true minister is worthy of his earnings. The law says a pastor can draw a third of the offering. God said its all his. But in the USA with tax exempt status, its 1/3.
I donte like false preachers nor those that look at preaching as a way to make a living. But those called to preach are worthy of a descent salary. There job is more important than being president or a point guard for the Cavs.
Give them the money they earn, need and deserve.
Amen bring your tithe to His house and listen and obey when He says give above or into an offering. If God says give then the only real answer is Yes Sir !!
God Bless
James

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who at any time serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat the fruit of it? Or who tends a flock and does not [e]use the milk of the flock?
8 I am not speaking these things according to [SIZE=.625em][f][/SIZE]human judgment, am I? Or does not the Law also say these things? 9 For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing.” God is not concerned about oxen, is He? 10 Or is He speaking altogether for our sake? Yes, for our sake it was written, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher to thresh in hope of sharing the crops. 11 If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it too much if we reap material things from you?

A ton of schooling for a little material reward...most pastors are not in it for the money.