Paul And The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

If we owe God anything, than that gift is not free and a debt, which is why you peruse after the law, because the law is all about you doing the work and paying the price.
You have more problem with the law than I do. I didn't say anything about what we owe God as being a debt to earn salvation. That is purely your presumption working overtime. We owe God everything, not out of debt, but out of gratitude for our lives being saved from destruction.
Romans 12:1 ¶ I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

As for obedience. If you fellas don't believe we are to obey God every time, in everything, regardless of the reason or motive for His asking, then you do not know your God. He is not your Lord.

1John 2:3 ¶ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
he is just another to go with these two, and he has also been told the same thing many times.
Let them mock God until God gets His fill, and see what happens imo
don't get
so you guys are "worms," but you have fangs, see
hopefully you get the hypocrisy there?

No, you will not be forgiven for your particular sins, neither one of you, unless you stop refuting Scripture and teaching antichrist, and actually pick up your crosses and follow, and even do greater things than the Effigy you currently do Obeisance to, pretending to be worshipping something. And you both strike me as pretty gentle souls too, i'm sure you'd be fine if you stopped grieving the Spirit and calling the Son of Man a worm, which is exactly what you are doing.

Now you have both been given many opportunities to acknowledge "pick up your cross and follow Me" and "Do not be deceived, little children," but you both seem intent upon leading people astray and refusing to even acknowledge the vv that make your beliefs into lies. I have watched many, many ppl tell you both the same things, too, and watched you completely ignore them also.

so i guess i'm saying goodbye and nice knowing you guys, bc i know what happens next even if you don't, ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
a forgiven worm :rolleyes:
you are confused bc you have not read that Saints are Elohim, and not worms, but after someone--a hundred someones--has set you straight and you have gotten a while to absorb that info and you do not, you refuse, without any pertinent explanation as to why not, your time will be cut short Heb, and i can even Quote that for you if you like? And fwiw that is prolly the last post i will acknowledge from you, ok.

No, you are not forgiven of your next willful, deliberate sin, no matter what you believe
no obedience is a requirement for sanctification and growth, less we fall back into babes Heb 5:14, Heb 6:1. tha law and grace thing should be knowledge well known. now its time to move on to the meat
ah sorry, you are not confused, you are deranged

Last edited:

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are confused bc you have not read that Saints are Elohim, and not worms, but after someone--a hundred someones--has set you straight and you have gotten a while to absorb that info and you do not, you refuse, without any pertinent explanation as to why not, your time will be cut short Heb, and i can even Quote that for you if you like? And fwiw that is prolly the last post i will acknowledge from you, ok.

No, you are not forgiven of your next willful, deliberate sin, no matter what you believe

ah sorry, you are not confused, you are deranged

LoL to the religious everyone that believes, (has faith) in what Jesus did for them is confused

The religious say it was NOT a gift because a person has to work (carry a religious theology) that says to carry a cross is to do works.

It is easy to see that what they believe is that a person has to overcome their sins by what they do. What Jesus did on the cross was only temporary and not enough to complete the work of salvation. They say this because they want the credit for their salvation by their works. Just as Cain did. When Cain realized that the works of his hands was not what God would accept he, like the religious today, was jealous and he hated Abel who did as God said. Just as the religious today hate the fact that a person can be saved just because they have faith in God' work on the cross.

According to the scriptures Jesus overcame FOR US but the religious do not believe in Jesus' work on the cross. All they write about is their keeping the law which is their works. They almost never write about what Jesus did for them they only write about themselves and what they do.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only overcomers are saved.
For a Calvinist this would be considered heresy. You should have said *Only the elect are saved*.

Getting back to basic Bible truth, neither statement is correct. Here is what the Bible says (Eph 2:8-10):

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It is salvation, which is the gift of God to whosoever believes on the Son.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have more problem with the law than I do
Why is it you think I have a problem with the law?? the Law is good, God gave the Law to the Israelites to teach them about who they are in the flesh, it taught them about sin, it also showed them that the law is unbending, unyielding, you live by it you die by it, Or is it because we who are in Christ will not be a partaker of your sins?? IS not the Law your master, is it not the Law that you choose to serve and be obedient too, is it not doing as it does and teaching you what a sinner you are, are you therefore not happen that you should choose another husband other than Christ to whom we are supposed to be betrothed,... IS not the Law the husband of the Jews, are you therefore not sleeping with another womens husband, is she not called a harlot, one who is married to one yet sleeps with another, dont you know that is why mens religions are called the "harlot" church, can only put it this way to you,

Rev_3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

and again

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

is that not therefore why your sin remains with you??

D

Dave L

Thats religion talk putting God into a box, God shall save whom He will save and God forbid any man who opposes Him in that matter.
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” (Hebrews 12:14) (KJV 1900)

D

Dave L

For a Calvinist this would be considered heresy. You should have said *Only the elect are saved*.

Getting back to basic Bible truth, neither statement is correct. Here is what the Bible says (Eph 2:8-10):

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It is salvation, which is the gift of God to whosoever believes on the Son.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” (Hebrews 12:14) (KJV 1900)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
to the religious everyone that believes, (has faith) in what Jesus did for them is confused
ok ty HR that clarifies things quite a bit actually have a good one otr here bye :)
According to the scriptures Jesus overcame FOR US
180 degrees wrong i guess, good job HR
try Quoting that joke lol

Last edited:

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok ty HR that clarifies things quite a bit actually have a god one otr here bye :)
180 degrees wrong i guess, good job HR
try Quoting that joke lol

180 degrees wrong. That is what the religious said about John the baptist, Jesus, the 12, and Paul so I am in good company.

Rom 4:24-25
24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,
25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.
NKJV

Rom 5:8-9
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
NKJV

Rom 8:32-33
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
NKJV

2 Cor 5:21
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
NKJV

Eph 5:2
2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
NKJV

1 Thess 5:10-11
10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
NKJV

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Rom 4:24-25
24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,
25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.
NKJV
no overcoming there at all

Rom 5:8-9
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
NKJV
none there either

Rom 8:32-33
32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
NKJV
do you need the original term for overcoming restated to you or something HR, bc you are just wasting my time now ok

2 Cor 5:21
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
NKJV
that's "become," and that's also "might" there too, see, that thing that you won't be doing bc you deny works? ya, that

Eph 5:2
2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
NKJV
if only you could find God accepting that sacrifice, huh HR
1 Thess 5:10-11
10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
NKJV
no overcoming mentioned there either HR, and i'd post the overcoming vv but you can't see them anyway, and they would just make you cry if you could. Happy Hollies

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, salvation has nothing to do "with your part". Either you believe its finished or you don't. Many don't, is why many are headed to hell. Nope, there's no condition on our part, it's already been done through His blood
What Jesus did was open the Door/Gate into the Garden that had been shut since Adam and Eve disobeyed God. We now have access to the Tree of Life, but only overcomers will eat from that Tree. Jesus' finished work was paying the price of cleaning us. Adam and Eve were clean until they sinned. All of their offspring were unclean. Accepting the sacrifice of Jesus cleaned us, but then our own work was to begin. It now possible in accord with God's plan, but we still had to do it. As part of His plan God sent Jesus to clean us up so that we could even walk through the Gate/Door. Then God provided the gift of the Holy Spirit to make it possible for each of us to do what we could not do alone. This is why we need the proper attire:

"And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:11-14

And the wedding garment is:

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Eph 6:13

Reading on in Ephesians 6 all for armour is identified for us. Without it, we cannot make through our course to the end of the road where the Tree of Life awaits.

As needed, Jesus will take hold of our hand or even carry us through difficult parts of the walk, but the choice to continue is always ours. We need to eat of the right Tree, but unprepared people cannot ever overcome all of the obstacles between us and that Tree.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Reactions: brakelite