Paul And The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And what is the motivation of those who falsely accuse others of using the law and their obedience to it as a means to salvation. Please share that with is.
Because it serves no purpose to the believer, and again was never given to us gentiles. Just mocking Christ and all His good works, because you cant keep the law, it was the whole reason why Christ died for us, and teh law

Rom_3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

it will just keep reminding you of the sinner you are, Jesus never died so you could "try": keep something you cant, He died so you wouldnt be condemned for your sins, but keeping yourself under the law that was never yours, just keeps you in condemnation,, if that is what you really want.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because it serves no purpose to the believer, and again was never given to us gentiles. Just mocking Christ and all His good works, because you cant keep the law, it was the whole reason why Christ died for us, and teh law

Rom_3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

it will just keep reminding you of the sinner you are, Jesus never died so you could "try": keep something you cant, He died so you wouldnt be condemned for your sins, but keeping yourself under the law that was never yours, just keeps you in condemnation,, if that is what you really want.
Your argument is slippery mjrhealth. It lampoons those who love righteousness and excuses those who have no interest in it. It also misrepresents the cause of Gods people.

Your theories promise freedom while covertly justifying sin.....totally in line with my signature statement!!!

Reactions: brakelite

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your argument is slippery mjrhealth. It lampoons those who love righteousness and excuses those who have no interest in it. It also misrepresents the cause of Gods people.
YEs funny, isnt it freedom, Imagine that.

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

i guess that is why the world is filled with sinners they arnt free, but it has more to do with.

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

and wherever you find the law you will find sinners, wherever you find Christ you will find the righteous, because it is His righteousness they where, it is not there own and they never earned it,

Reactions: H. Richard
B

brakelite

You didn't answer my question. I'll ask again. What motivates you to falsely accuse commandment keepers of doing so because they are seeking to be justified by their obedience?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You didn't answer my question. I'll ask again. What motivates you to falsely accuse commandment keepers of doing so because they are seeking to be justified by their obedience?
is there any other reason, it does nothing else except condemn men of there sins, and you missed the point, you do not keep the law, no one ever has but Christ, was it not you who said you never lie??? you just did....

il put it as Chris t put it

Joh_7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

do you know who HE was speaking to??

Last edited:
B

brakelite

put it as Chris t put it

Joh_7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?
What you would have Him to say, and what you believe He was meaning, is...
"You are all such a bunch of losers who cannot stop sinning and I am so powerless to give you any help, I'm going to cancel the law."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"You are all such a bunch of losers who cannot stop sinning and I am so powerless to give you any help, I'm going to cancel the law."
yet you sin like the rest of us, you just cant accept His forgiveness, that is unbelief. As for the law, well you choose to remain in your sin, it is your own doing.

Heb_4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

again we can not partake of your sin you can have it to yourself and all your lawyer friends

Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
Do as you please most men seem to prefer it...

Still trying to keep Gods children from Him will it never end.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Law Eternal,nah Love is eternal, God is love, love has being around forever, the law never came till God gave it to Moses to give top the Israelites. The law will never pass away because it is all wrapped up in Love, So If you Love than the law has no benefits to you, but if you have not love, the law seeks only to condemn those who claim to keep it.

Who commanded Adam and Eve LAW: "THOU SHALT NOT!" : God!
Against Whom transgressed Adam and Eve LAW: "THOU SHALT SURELY DIE"? Against God!

Now have they been dying ever since! But you claim, "'the law never came till God gave it to Moses'"!

So who LIED then saying, "Thou shalt surely not die"? Satan!
So who here is lying, saying, "'Law Eternal, nah'"?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who commanded Adam and Eve LAW: "THOU SHALT NOT!" : God!
Against Whom transgressed Adam and Eve LAW: "THOU SHALT SURELY DIE"? Against God!

Now have they been dying ever since! But you claim, "'the law never came till God gave it to Moses'"!

So who LIED then saying, "Thou shalt surely not die"? Satan!
So who here is lying, saying, "'Law Eternal, nah'"?

hmm, why so offended....

Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. G

Guess who got the law and guess who got the grace...

go on sowing that seed you deceive yourself...

Reactions: H. Richard

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
hmm, why so offended....

Joh 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. G

Guess who got the law and guess who got the grace...

go on sowing that seed you deceive yourself...

What is The Law? The Law is Jesus Christ of whose "Fullness we have received". Now guess who got grace... US who by Moses got The Law and no one but us who are under The Law.
But all the while you are opposing and contradicting yourself by wanting the Law in whole to remain but in one exception abolished. So you picked and chose to play God and have the Law minus one tenth in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is The Law? The Law is Jesus Christ of whose "Fullness we have received". Now guess who got grace... US who by Moses got The Law and no one but us who are under The Law.

Well you see Jesus,

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

no law...

The Jews got the law, dont you remember, something like this,

Exo_34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
Exo_34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
Lev_24:8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

now we do know this commandment ' Thou shalt not commit Adultry " we also know that a woman that has an affair with another womans husband is called an adultress, and so you being supposedly being prepared as the bride of Christ, have chosen the Law who is the husband to the Jews. this one

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

so you see you have broken the law, so why is it your friends are not stoning one another, is not that the sentence for an adulteress by the law,

no understanding ....

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
A servant of God, speaks His Word, praises Him, Glorifies His name on Earth...

And you do that out of fear? I don't.

A servant WHO speaks His Word, Praises Him, Glorifies His name on Earth, is THEN, considered a Friend of Jesus, among other things.

Thank you,
God Bless,
Taken
I serve God.
But do not consider myself a servant.
I consider myself a friend.

Just a slight misunderstanding...no problem.
You consider yourself a servant,,,meaning that you serve Him.
It's all words...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Good to see you!
You so often float on here and float off again and I don't even see you.

Hope all is well with you and the family...have a good Christmas.
God bless ...Helen x
Helen, I've been on another forum for three years now.
I can't do both...but I like both...so I come and go over there too.
I wish I had more time.
All is normal...Cooking like crazy!
I wonder if there's a Christmas thread??

Blessings
GG

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
After knowing what sin is there is no way a person will return to trying to keep a law. It is only when the person knows he/she is sinful and knows they can not be otherwise, that they will seek out God (Jesus). The religious will only try to keep rules to be saved because they do not believe in Jesus.
Why do you always answer to statements I never made?
You should try really reading my posts...

Did I EVER say that one leaving the service of God goes back to the law?
If one is leaving the service of God...WHAT is he going back to according to you?
THE LAW???
Try again.

I'm sure you're familiar with Hebrews 6:4-6...so am I.
So WHY would I EVER say someone ABANDONING God is going back to the law?

I'm not answering the above questions.
When someone's post is read, it also has to be understood before a response is given.

You always respond without understanding what I've said...

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I serve God.
But do not consider myself a servant.
I consider myself a friend.

Just a slight misunderstanding...no problem.
You consider yourself a servant,,,meaning that you serve Him.
It's all words...

I would deleniate, the "words", meaning...
A man Converted; IS a "friend" of God.

Serving IS about "works".
All created "things" DO "works".

Some "works", are "instinctual", by design of the created "thing";
Like:
Animals, Trees, Plants, Stars, DO WORKS, according to How God created them.

Angels and Men ALL also "DO WORKS"...
Their "WORKS', are according to what they "individually" Choose TO DO.
The WORKS all SERVE a "purpose"...

However all the (works) DO NOT SERVE the purpose of "resulting" in ... Glorifying Gods Name On Earth.

It is ONLY, Holy Angels, and Converted, Sanctified men, ie The FAITHFUL, WHO, can Serve God in a manner that "Glorifies His Name"...

So in that respect, a man WHO IS a friend of God, IS the Same one WHO "can" SERVE God, in a manner (through works), THAT IS possible for them TO; Glorify Gods Name.

My delineation thus; IS Yes, a man, IN faithfulness To thee Lord God, "IS" a Friend of God, and "ALSO" would Serve Him, in a manner of Doing works, that Glorify His Name on Earth. Not one OR the other.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Reactions: GodsGrace

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you always answer to statements I never made?
You should try really reading my posts...

Did I EVER say that one leaving the service of God goes back to the law?
If one is leaving the service of God...WHAT is he going back to according to you?
THE LAW???
Try again.

I'm sure you're familiar with Hebrews 6:4-6...so am I.
So WHY would I EVER say someone ABANDONING God is going back to the law?

I'm not answering the above questions.
When someone's post is read, it also has to be understood before a response is given.

You always respond without understanding what I've said...

A person has to have been under grace to go BACK under the law. Those (not specifying anyone here) that have been set free from the law will know it and not return to it. You say I am not replying to what you say. Glad to know you know that. I am stating what I believe.

The argument on forums is whether a child of God has to, or will do, the works of the law to be saved, or to continue to be saved. I am not going to ask you a question. But I will say this, if you say the book of James is written to us under grace then you are preaching law and ignoring James 1:1. If you say the church of God's grace started on Pentecost then you ignore that Peter did not know the Gentile were to be saved on that day (see Peter's vision). If it is thought that James and the 12 were teaching grace then it is ignoring what was going on in Acts 21:20.

Food for though.

Have a great day.

B

brakelite

Well, merry Christmas everyone. Have a blessed time with family and friends. Don't drink and eat to much.
@H.Richards post above reveals something interesting. It seems to me that those who are against the law have their personal favourite texts to prove their belief, but need to ignore large portions of the NT in order to to sustain it... Just like Luther.
There is a harmony between grace and law which most fail to recognise and/or acknowledge when shown them. There is a harmony throughout all of scripture. I would hazard a guess that if asked, most on this forum would believe Israel was to be saved through law, and the church by grace. Therein lies a false foundational premise that misdirected everything else they build on that foundation.

B

brakelite

Now watch. Some will think I am advocating that we all should be like Israel. Be saved by the law. :confused:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now watch. Some will think I am advocating that we all should be like Israel. Be saved by the law. :confused:
Nah but you demanding people keep the law which you yourself do not keep, is Hypocrisy, a slap in the face for Jesus, a stumbling block for Gods children , and a lie , and none of that is Love

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh_13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh_15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

and that is hard enough,

Do have a nice Christmas.