Paul And The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Nah but you demanding people keep the law which you yourself do not keep, is Hypocrisy, a slap in the face for Jesus, a stumbling block for Gods children , and a lie , and none of that is Love

Joh_14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh_13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh_15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

and that is hard enough,

Do have a nice Christmas.
You see. That is right where your entire philosophy falls over. Not once can you quote me saying..."you must keep the law"... Without the caveat that says "you must first come to Jesus and be empowered and motivated to obey". I don't know the Jesus that says, "you don't need to obey my commandments. " The Jesus you are trying to introduce here is not the Jesus of the Bible. The Jesus I know said "if you love me, you will keep my commandments". John, who knew Jesus as well as anyone added this emphasis...
"He who says he loves God, but keeps not His commandments, is a liar."
Now you can proclaim from the very rooftops that I, brakelite, am trying to get to heaven through my obedience and through the law. You can publish that in Time magazine if you like, Christianity Today, you can broadcast over any Christian radio station of your choosing, and repeat it ad nauseum on this forum... But none of your repeated accusations makes it any more true.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"He who says he loves God, but keeps not His commandments, is a liar."
Now are we talking about the Jews under the law is it Gentiles in Christ under grace, and the Law does what for you?? does it add to grace, does it add to your salvation, do you actually keep it? yet you missed the whole page, one cannot serve two masters, is not the law the husband of the Jews are you not betrothed to Christ, does not that make you a harlot, the bride of Christ with another womans Husband, is that not Adultry, is not that Gods law you are breaking. yet you so focused on the law, you cant see, and all the law does is make you a sinner, it reminds you of sin, which is all you come to do is to condemn us by the law which you do not keep. So not only are you and you SDA friends condemning yourselves you seek to condemn the world with you, and that is why no one listens to you, the would be foolish to do so.

But by the law you may continue to boast about how good you are,.

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

remind you of someone

B

brakelite

Now are we talking about the Jews under the law
I am not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting that the 7th commandment for example only ever applied to Jews? That Jews are the only people on this planet who are guilty before the law when they commit adultery?

B

brakelite

Gentiles in Christ under grace
So a Christian can commit adultery but it isn't sin because the law doesn't apply?
does it add to grace,
Any obedience is possible only because of grace. "Without me ye can do nothing". "With God all things are possible".
does it add to your salvation,
No, but it adds to my character.
do you actually keep it?
That's a work in progress. And it's not my work, I am God's workmanship. If you want to complain about my law keeping take it up with God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So a Christian can commit adultery but it isn't sin because the law doesn't apply?
You did when you choose the law.

No, but it adds to my character.
nah just reason to boast...

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

you allsound teh same
That's a work in progress. And it's not my work, I am God's workmanship. If you want to complain about my law keeping take it up with God.

Well thats the funny thing Jesus never died to help you keep the law, that is your justification for doing it , since you have now admitted you cant... llike I said all about the boasting

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

teh law is your works not Gods, something to do with the Sabbath rest, in which we rest from our own as God did from His, you cant even keep the sabbath...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well you see Jesus,

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

no law...

That's it! You see, you DO NOT SEE, Jesus is our LAW, GOD'S "WORD made flesh who dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father : FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH."

But you divide the Almighty Eternal and turn Him in Himself against Himself as were Christ God's Word OR Grace, and not "The Word OF grace and truth".

And what is more, you do not see Jesus in God's own time, you do not see Jesus "in the (our) flesh", was and forever, after, is, God's Word-of-Law who "dwelt among us", whose "glory we beheld", who never "IN THE FLESH" let Grace or Truth, or Word or Law, contradict, but who, become "The Only Begotten of the Father", never opposed the Father; you do not see Jesus whom the Father "in the fullness of time", "in fullness of the Sabbath Day", "according to the Scriptures" the Written Word of God, "HIS FLESH HAVING SEEN NO CORRUPTION", "the third day raised from the dead", "...Christ and Lord".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Jews got the law, dont you remember, something like this,

Exo_34:27 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
Exo_34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
Lev_24:8 Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

now we do know this commandment ' Thou shalt not commit Adultry " we also know that a woman that has an affair with another womans husband is called an adultress, and so you being supposedly being prepared as the bride of Christ, have chosen the Law who is the husband to the Jews. this one

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

so you see you have broken the law, so why is it your friends are not stoning one another, is not that the sentence for an adulteress by the law,

no understanding ....

Clearly; nor knowledge.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's it! You see, you DO NOT SEE, Jesus is our LAW, GOD'S "WORD made flesh who dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father : FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH."

But you divide the Almighty Eternal and turn Him in Himself against Himself as were Christ God's Word OR Grace, and not "The Word OF grace and truth".

And what is more, you do not see Jesus in God's own time, you do not see Jesus "in the (our) flesh", was and forever, after, is, God's Word-of-Law who "dwelt among us", whose "glory we beheld", who never "IN THE FLESH" let Grace or Truth, or Word or Law, contradict, but who, become "The Only Begotten of the Father", never opposed the Father; you do not see Jesus whom the Father "in the fullness of time", "in fullness of the Sabbath Day", "according to the Scriptures" the Written Word of God, "HIS FLESH HAVING SEEN NO CORRUPTION", "the third day raised from the dead", "...Christ and Lord".

Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

It is so funny how all the lawyers demand men keep the law, only to admit they cant do it... Than they get offended....

As Jesus put it..

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

and again

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Im not here to fight the devil he has enough to do his work.

Keep teh law and keep your sin if you must.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
teh law is your works not Gods, something to do with the Sabbath rest, in which we rest from our own as God did from His, you cant even keep the sabbath...

Just which Scripture is this, "'teh law is your works not Gods'"? Yours! Not God's -- nothing "'to do with the Sabbath rest, in which we rest from our own as God did from His'" which in any case is nothing than your CORRUPTION of a 'sabbath' as well as CORRUPTION of Hebrews 4:9 the Scripture. Hebrews 4:9 has no, "'we rest from our own'" or "'we ... as God'"--who do you think you are! You're not ashamed of your failing in keeping the Ten Commandments, even the Law Jesus said He "came to magnify"!

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a Christian can commit adultery and it isn't a sin because the law doesn't apply?

Friend ~

Your question is speaking of:
A Christian
Adultry
Sin
Law

Allow me please to give you a different perspective.

First defining "A Christian".
1) For some people, a person calls themselves, or others, "A Christian", BECAUSE, they are Hearing and Following Christ's Teachings; likely Attending A Christian Church.
2) At any time, they can choose, to stop Hearing, stop following, and go follow, hear, attend another religious organization.
3) Like for example; a person claiming to BE A Christian, and then claim they Converted to Islam.
4) Were "they" a Christian?
5) In the "LOOSE" sense of the word, of What the single word "CHRISTIAN", means, "YES", they "WERE" a Christian;
~ ie A FOLLOWER of Christ's TEACHINGS".

Defining "A Christian" "According TO"
Christ's Teaching.
1) "A BORN AGAIN Christian."
2) "CONVERTED Christian"
3) TOTALLY, "A Christian" takes on a whole DIFFERENT meaning.
4) There is NO CONFUSION, "then", of WHAT,
Is the Difference BETWEEN what..
A Christian IS...
And What;
A Born Again Christian / Converted Christian IS.

Going WITH the definition of "A Christian"...
1) Yes "A Christian" can COMMIT ADULTERY.
2) Yes "A Christian" can COMMIT SIN.
3) Yes "A Christian" is Violating A LAW of God.

WHY/HOW ?

First of all...What was Left OUT of your question....WAS God.

To put the Question IN CONTEXT, "The Understanding" IS ALL ABOUT God, Who IS SPIRIT; thus Requires, a Spiritual Answer.

POINT BEING...
The ADULTERY,
The SIN,
The LAW,
Has "NOTHING" to do with one Single person, and Another Person.

The SPIRITUAL CONTEXT, IS: About one Single person "AND GOD"...

How can "A Christian" ...
Commit Adultery?
....They can LEAVE God, Leave Christ Jesus...
........And BECOME, a Muslim, a Buddist, etc.
....^ THAT is "A Christian" committing adultry.
....^ THAT is "A Christian" committing sin.
....^ THAT is "A Christian's" Law violation.
....^ THAT is "A Christian;
........Having fallen FROM GRACE.
........Having fallen FROM FAITH.

^ THAT IS...WHOM the Following Scripture APPLIES...--->

2 Peter 2:
[21] For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

A "Christian"....or "any man" Hearing / Following Christs Teaching....AND THEN LEAVING HIM...."IS SPIRITUAL ADULTERY".
"IS SIN", "IS VIOLATION" of the "LAW".

And "THEY" would be BETTER OFF, to have NEVER Heard or Followed His Teachings/His Way....THEN to Have FOLLOWED...AND THEN LEFT HIM for ANOTHER ... which IS what ADULTERY IS.

HOWEVER....
A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN,
A CONVERTED CHRISTIAN,

CAN NEVER "commit" ADULTERY Against God.
CAN NEVER "LEAVE" Him.

So back to your question;

So a Christian can commit adultery and it isn't a sin because the law doesn't apply?

So, a BORN AGAIN or CONVERTED Christian can commit adultery....

IMPOSSIBLE.

...and it isn't a sin...

CORRECT.

...because the law doesn't apply?

NO. BECAUSE it is IMPOSSIBLE for a BORN AGAIN / CONVERTED Christian TO;
Commit Adultery...ie...EVER LEAVE thee Lord God, for another.

There is NO POSSIBILITY, for a BORN AGAIN/CONVERTED Christian TO LEAVE thee Lord God for another, (ie commit Adultery)...

Precisely BECAUSE;
A BORN AGAIN/CONVERTED Christian,
HAS....the SPIRIT (POWER) of God within the man.

Part of a mans WILLINGNESS, to CHOOSE to BECOME, born again/converted, IS INCLUSIVE, of that man giving a TRUE testimony to the Lord of BELIEF...And the Lords Spirit (POWER), baptizing and SEALING that man UNTO thee Lord God Almighty, FOREVER.

Thee Lord Gods Spirt (POWER) enters THAT man, AND FOREVER KEEPS that man SEALED unto HIM.

For the Lords Spirit to EVER "allow/let" that man LEAVE Him for another...

1) would mean, God is a LIAR.
2) would mean, God is STANDING Against Himself.

And THOSE THINGS...are NOT POSSIBLE.

Now...IF your Question was MORE about "adultery"....BETWEEN "PEOPLE"...
WHAT does Adultery BETWEEN People have to DO with God? NOTHING.
Nor was God, mentioned in your Question.

Is a FLESH person committing ADULTERY with another FLESH person...
the person LEAVING GOD for another god? No.

And WILL such a person committing Adultery, with Against another person;
have the CONSEQUENCE of FORFEITING his Salvation "with God"? No.

People WHO commit Adultery AGAINST God, have the CONSEQUENCE, of NOT receiving Salvation Offered as A Gift to Them.
They ALSO have the CONSEQUENCE, of NOT receiving GODS Seed, to Birth them a BORN AGAIN SPIRIT.
They ALSO have the CONSEQUENCE, of NOT Receiving GODS Baptism of His Spirit (Power), to Keep them Sealed unto God Forever.

GENTILE "People" who Commit Adultery, or lie, or cheat, or steal, or deal with other "People" deceptively have A DIFFERENT CONSEQUENCE.

Their CONSEQUENCE, IS Whatever, the "OTHER" person "DOLES OUT TO THEM"..
IOW ~
Lie, Cheat, Steal, etc. against a spouse, a family member, a neighbor, a stranger, ANY other "person".... And there IS a LONG list of "things" they can dream up, or by civil law...
DO BACK TO THE liar, cheater, thief, etc.

BECAUSE the Liar, Cheater, Theif, etc...HAS "TRESPASSED" AGAINST the other "person".

And The Scripture says; It is The liar, cheater, thieve's own BURDEN TO BEAR whatever Consequence is doled out to them For their behavior.

Gal 6
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

Trespass AGAINST another person, and you shall have to deal with the Consequence.

I SAID this was specifically speaking of a GENTILE.
And I said was specifically speaking of a
TRESPASS.

Why?

BECAUSE...."IF" the person WAS A JEW...
(UNDER JEWISH LAW)...

A "TRESPASS" of one person AGAINST another person of (cheating, lying, stealing, etc.)...

ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW....
WOULD BE A SIN.
AND
ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW...
WOULD HAVE A JEWISH "PENAL" LAW, CONSEQUENCE doled out BY a JEWISH Rabbi TO the individual offender.

I am not a Jew. Not under Mosaic Law. Not subject to "a Consequence", a Rabbi (such as Aaron was) has the authority to dole out, as is According to the Jewish Law, for something called SIN.

IOW ~ As a Gentile, I can Trespass Against other men. And other men can dole out a Consequence toward me. But I can NOT SIN Against Men, and other Men can not FORGIVE me OF SIN Against men.

I could ONLY SIN AGAINST God...and ONLY God could Forgive me.

I Was naturally born AGAINST GOD, having NO belief, love, knowledge, or commitment TO Him. Ie MY SIN AGAINST God.

I Heard of Him. I Learned of Him. I Followed After His teaching, of Christ Jesus' teachings.
I KEPT following. I kept reading, learning, following. I exercised my own authority to MAKE a Commitment exclusively :TO thee Lord God Almighty....and FULLY Trust and Believe...He FORGAVE me for having been AGAINST HIM....and Converted me....that I can NEVER AGAIN (SIN) Stand Against Him, IN DISBELIEF, or EVER LEAVE HIM.

^ THAT "would be" ADULTERY.
^ THAT "is not Possible" for a Conveted Born Again Man, who may be called, a Converted Christian, a Messaniac Jew, or by whatever "Name Tag" a Born Again Converted in Christ man elects to call himself.

Just saying...NAME tags do not always Express a TRUE MEANING, of what APPLIES to a man.

Saying...a Born Again man, a man Converted IN Christ, gives an EXPRESSION of NO DOUBT....of the mans STANDING IS SEALED unto God, ONCE and FOREVER.
^ THAT is a man FREED FROM SIN.

SIN "removed"? No.
SIN "forgiven". SIN "covered". SIN "further Impossible to Commit".

God Bless,
Happy New Year,
Taken

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Friend ~

Your question is speaking of:
A Christian
Adultry
Sin
Law

Allow me please to give you a different perspective.

First defining "A Christian".
1) For some people, a person calls themselves, or others, "A Christian", BECAUSE, they are Hearing and Following Christ's Teachings; likely Attending A Christian Church.
2) At any time, they can choose, to stop Hearing, stop following, and go follow, hear, attend another religious organization.
3) Like for example; a person claiming to BE A Christian, and then claim they Converted to Islam.
4) Were "they" a Christian?
5) In the "LOOSE" sense of the word, of What the single word "CHRISTIAN", means, "YES", they "WERE" a Christian;
~ ie A FOLLOWER of Christ's TEACHINGS".

Defining "A Christian" "According TO"
Christ's Teaching.
1) "A BORN AGAIN Christian."
2) "CONVERTED Christian"
3) TOTALLY, "A Christian" takes on a whole DIFFERENT meaning.
4) There is NO CONFUSION, "then", of WHAT,
Is the Difference BETWEEN what..
A Christian IS...
And What;
A Born Again Christian / Converted Christian IS.

Going WITH the definition of "A Christian"...
1) Yes "A Christian" can COMMIT ADULTRY.
2) Yes "A Christian" can COMMIT SIN.
3) Yes "A Christian" is Violating A LAW of God.

WHY/HOW ?

First of all...What was Left OUT of your question....WAS God.

To put the Question IN CONTEXT, "The Understanding" IS ALL ABOUT God, Who IS SPIRIT; thus Requires, a Spiritual Answer.

POINT BEING...
The ADULTRY,
The SIN,
The LAW,
Has "NOTHING" to do with one Single person, and Another Person.

The SPIRITUAL CONTEXT, IS: About one Single person "AND GOD"...

How can "A Christian" ...
Commit Adultry?
....They can LEAVE God, Leave Christ Jesus...
........And BECOME, a Muslim, a Buddist, etc.
....^ THAT is "A Christian" committing adultry.
....^ THAT is "A Christian" committing sin.
....^ THAT is "A Christian's" Law violation.
....^ THAT is "A Christian;
........Having fallen FROM GRACE.
........Having fallen FROM FAITH.

^ THAT IS...WHOM the Following Scripture APPLIES...--->

2 Peter 2:
[21] For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

A "Christian"....or "any man" Hearing / Following Christs Teaching....AND THEN LEAVING HIM...."IS SPIRITUAL ADULTRY".
"IS SIN", "IS VIOLATION" of the "LAW".

And "THEY" would be BETTER OFF, to have NEVER Heard or Followed His Teachings/His Way....THEN to Have FOLLOWED...AND THEN LEFT HIM for ANOTHER ... which IS what ADULTERY IS.

HOWEVER....
A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN,
A CONVERTED CHRISTIAN,

CAN NEVER "commit" ADULTERY Against God.
CAN NEVER "LEAVE" Him.

So back to your question;

So, a BORN AGAIN or CONVERTED Christian can commit adultery....

IMPOSSIBLE.

...and it isn't a sin...

CORRECT.

...because the law doesn't apply?

NO. BECAUSE it is IMPOSSIBLE for a BORN AGAIN / CONVERTED Christian TO;
Commit Adultry...ie...EVER LEAVE thee Lord God, for another.

There is NO POSSIBILITY, for a BORN AGAIN/CONVERTED Christian TO LEAVE thee Lord God for another, (ie commit Adultery)...

Precisely BECAUSE;
A BORN AGAIN/CONVERTED Christian,
HAS....the SPIRIT (POWER) of God within the man.

Part of a mans WILLINGNESS, to CHOOSE to BECOME, born again/converted, IS INCLUSIVE, of that man giving a TRUE testimony to the Lord of BELIEF...And the Lords Spirit (POWER), baptizing and SEALING that man UNTO thee Lord God Almighty, FOREVER.

Thee Lord Gods Spirt (POWER) enters THAT man, AND FOREVER KEEPS that man SEALED unto HIM.

For the Lords Spirit to EVER "allow/let" that man LEAVE Him for another...

1) would mean, God is a LIAR.
2) would mean, God is STANDING Against Himself.

And THOSE THINGS...are NOT POSSIBLE.

Now...IF your Question was MORE about "adultery"....BETWEEN "PEOPLE"...
WHAT does Adultery BETWEEN People have to DO with God? NOTHING.
Nor was God, mentioned in your Question.

Is a FLESH person committing ADULTERY with another FLESH person...
the person LEAVING GOD for another god? No.

And WILL such a person committing Adultery, with Against another person;
have the CONSEQUENCE of FORFEITING his Salvation "with God"? No.

People WHO commit Adultery AGAINST God, have the CONSEQUENCE, of NOT receiving Salvation Offered as A Gift to Them.
They ALSO have the CONSEQUENCE, of NOT receiving GODS Seed, to Birth them a BORN AGAIN SPIRIT.
They ALSO have the CONSEQUENCE, of NOT Receiving GODS Baptism of His Spirit (Power), to Keep them Sealed unto God Forever.

GENTILE "People" who Commit Adultery, or lie, or cheat, or steal, or deal with other "People" deceptively have A DIFFERENT CONSEQUENCE.

Their CONSEQUENCE, IS Whatever, the "OTHER" person "DOLES OUT TO THEM"..
IOW ~
Lie, Cheat, Steal, etc. against a spouse, a family member, a neighbor, a stranger, ANY other "person".... And there IS a LONG list of "things" they can dream up, or by civil law...
DO BACK TO THE liar, cheater, thief, etc.

BECAUSE the Liar, Cheater, Theif, etc...HAS "TRESPASSED" AGAINST the other "person".

And The Scripture says; It is The liar, cheater, thieve's own BURDEN TO BEAR whatever Consequence is doled out to them For their behavior.

Gal 6
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

Trespass AGAINST another person, and you shall have to deal with the Consequence.

I SAID this was specifically speaking of a GENTILE.
And I said was specifically speaking of a
TRESPASS.

Why?

BECAUSE...."IF" the person WAS A JEW...
(UNDER JEWISH LAW)...

A "TRESPASS" of one person AGAINST another person of (cheating, lying, stealing, etc.)...

ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW....
WOULD BE A SIN.
AND
ACCORDING TO JEWISH LAW...
WOULD HAVE A JEWISH "PENAL" LAW, CONSEQUENCE doled out BY a JEWISH Rabbi TO the individual offender.

I am not a Jew. Not under Mosaic Law. Not subject to "a Consequence", a Rabbi (such as Aaron was) has the authority to dole out, as is According to the Jewish Law, for something called SIN.

IOW ~ As a Gentile, I can Trespass Against other men. And other men can dole out a Consequence toward me. But I can NOT SIN Against Men, and other Men can not FORGIVE me OF SIN Against men.

I could ONLY SIN AGAINST God...and ONLY God could Forgive me.

I Was naturally born AGAINST GOD, having NO belief, love, knowledge, or commitment TO Him. Ie MY SIN AGAINST God.

I Heard of Him. I Learned of Him. I Followed After His teaching, of Christ Jesus' teachings.
I KEPT following. I kept reading, learning, following. I exercised my own authority to MAKE a Commitment exclusively :TO thee Lord God Almighty....and FULLY Trust and Believe...He FORGAVE me for having been AGAINST HIM....and Converted me....that I can NEVER AGAIN (SIN) Stand Against Him, IN DISBELIEF, or EVER LEAVE HIM.

^ THAT "would be" ADULTERY.
^ THAT "is not Possible" for a Conveted Born Again Man, who may be called, a Converted Christian, a Messaniac Jew, or by whatever "Name Tag" a Born Again Converted in Christ man elects to call himself.

Just saying...NAME tags do not always Express a TRUE MEANING, of what APPLIES to a man.

Saying...a Born Again man, a man Converted IN Christ, gives an EXPRESSION of NO DOUBT....of the mans STANDING IS SEALED unto God, ONCE and FOREVER.
^ THAT is a man FREED FROM SIN.

SIN "removed"? No.
SIN "forgiven". SIN "covered". SIN "further Impossible to Commit".

God Bless,
Happy New Year,
Taken

How do you expect anyone ever to get all this... well... much ado about nothing 'Taken'?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Nah but you demanding people keep the law which you yourself do not keep, is Hypocrisy, a slap in the face for Jesus, a stumbling block for Gods children , and a lie , and none of that is Love

No, it is YOUR demanding people keep the law which YOU yourself do not keep, which is audacious hypocrisy, a slap in the face for Jesus, a stumbling block for Gods children, and a lie, because it is WRITTEN "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS", THERE IS NONE WHO KEEP THE LAW.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you expect anyone ever to get all this... well... much ado about nothing 'Taken'?

Really?
Scripture requires one to search the Scriptures to gather the Points of TRUTH together, to arrive at a Truthful Conclusion.

When one is speaking GENERALLY, it becomes NECESSARY to direct their attention to SPECIFICS.

I suppose I could have BULLETED SPECIFIC Points, but I simply choice to NUMBER them.

Perhaps you have not taken NOTICE of HOW people SPEAK in "generalities", "redefine words", and EXPECT every other PERSON, to magically KNOW, "what their general speech "specifically" means TO THEM."

Do you really think the word CHRISTIAN, means....A BORN AGAIN, CONVERTED IN CHRIST "person"?

IF SO? Do TELL, how ANY MAN "could then possibly" Leave, being a Christian...?

Hummm?

Glory to God,
Happy New Year,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is YOUR demanding people keep the law which YOU yourself do not keep, which is audacious hypocrisy, a slap in the face for Jesus, a stumbling block for Gods children, and a lie, because it is WRITTEN "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS", THERE IS NONE WHO KEEP THE LAW.

Hummm.

You have a DISAGREEMENT going on with an other poster... ABOUT WHAT?

"The LAW".... "GENERAL Words", while attempting to to pretend "something SPECIFIC".

How about BEING SPECIFIC?

"WHAT LAW" are you attempting to argue about?

"The LAW" against running thru a STOP sign?
"The LAW" against Treason?
"The LAW" against weaving mixed fabrics together?

Glory to God,
Happy New Year,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Christmas' is purest of Roman Catholic IDOLATRY.

And?

Can you identify the SOURCE of the Roman Catholic Church that IDENTIFIES their own writings of Calling "Christmas", as an INTENDED WORD to MEAN "IDOLATRY"?

I use the word CHRISTMAS. And to me, it means A "SPECIFIC" day set aside ...

For a MASS (or otherwise MAJORITY) of a particular group (a Family, a Church, etc.)
Coming together in ONE ACCORD (same beliefs, having themselves,DRANK of Jesus' SAME CUP...making "those gathering" IN ONE ACCORD.)....AND Gathering together to EAT...

TO: "REMEMBER" and PAY TRIBUTE TO JESUS, FOR HIM having DRANK FROM THAT CUP, "FOR US"...AND HE GAVE HIS BODY "FOR US". (Who ARE of ONE Accord).

Luke 22
[19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Most "CHURCHES" conduct a CHURCH SERVICE, FOR the MASS (majority) of that CHURCHES membership (group) WHO HAS drank from the same CUP as Did Jesus, that they COME TOGETHER, "TO EAT", IN Remembrance OF Jesus....and they call that a Christmas Service.

I, like MANY others, choose to GATHER in a MASS (majority) with Family and friends, (group) WHO have DRANK of Jesus' SAME CUP, IN A HOME, and Together of ONE ACCORD, "EAT" and do so, "IN" Remembrance OF Jesus....and we call that a Christmas celebration.

While the 'word' Christmas may be offensive to you....Because of HOW you "define" the 'word"....it is NOT offensive to me, by HOW I define the "word".

That word, Christmas, has NO connotation of Idolatry, meaning to me. And neither have I read ANY Roman Catholic teaching, that "Christmas" means, a majority coming together to "eat", in remembrance of an IDOL, or be thankful to an IDOL, for the "food" they eat.

So, do tell, where is this TEACHING in Roman Catholic literature, saying, for a majority to come together, and EAT, in remembrance of an IDOL? And call this particular gathering...
Christmas?

A quote of Roman Catholic literature teaching, would be sufficient proof of your accusation.

Glory to God,
Happy New Year,
Taken

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the Law does what for you?? does it add to grace, does it add to your salvation...?

Romans 5:20 "Moreover the Law entered that the offence might abound-- the Law entered that where sin abounded GRACE DID MUCH MORE ABOUND-- the Law entered that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so GRACE might through Righteousness BY JESUS CHRIST our LORD, REIGN unto eternal life" -- not by the own righteousness of man which is the unrighteousness of pretence and hypocrisy. That's what the Law does for the elect of God, it adds to Grace MORE GRACE freely and irresistibly and undeservedly received; it means to their salvation the need for and dependence upon PURE GRACE.

Last edited: