Paul And The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblically, it can be lots of things...
Without a doubt. The love of money is one and lots of Protestants join with lots of Catholics on this one:

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." I Tim 6:10

Reactions: farouk

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, it is YOUR demanding people keep the law which YOU yourself do not keep, which is audacious hypocrisy, a slap in the face for Jesus, a stumbling block for Gods children, and a lie, because it is WRITTEN "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS", THERE IS NONE WHO KEEP THE LAW.
Yes you just confirmed what I have being saying and it offends you, demanding people do what you yourself do not do.

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

so hopefully now that you see the foolishness of it all, it might all stop.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'Christmas' is purest of Roman Catholic IDOLATRY.
religion is the greatest idol ever created by man, it brings men into captivity, it lays rules and regulation upon men that weigh Gods people down, it puts men between Gods children and God, who also refuse to let them go to God, it is filled with many voices, confusion just like babylon, like Egypt when God said to Pharaoh "let my people go so that they can serve me" yet the religious men will not let Gods people go, men love there idols, religion is just another one of many.

Mar 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Mar 7:14 And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:
Mar 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
Mar 7:16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

and again

Exo_3:7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

Exo 3:19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.

and still they will not let Gods peopel go.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
religion is the greatest idol ever created by man, it brings men into captivity, it lays rules and regulation upon men that weigh Gods people down, it puts men between Gods children and God, who also refuse to let them go to God, it is filled with many voices, confusion just like babylon, like Egypt when God said to Pharaoh "let my people go so that they can serve me" yet the religious men will not let Gods people go, men love there idols, religion is just another one of many.

In today's world they say everybody's entitled to his own opinion. Lucky it's everybody's right to mind it or not in today's world.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

so hopefully now that you see the foolishness of it all, it might all stop.

You pretend the issue is you don't touch burdens with a finger; but you know it's not. You pretend you move mountains with your love. But we know you're not.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah man, you are in bondage as any next man...
Yes to Jesus Christ, the hone true Shepherd. King Of King and Lord of Lords, but rejected by many just as the Hebrews Rejected Him way back,

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

and Christ

Mar 10:42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Mar 10:44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
Mar 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

and yet still they prefer men to Christ to rule and reign over them.

Nothing new under the Sun it says.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone that can read can see that the argument for or against keeping the law was satisfied in Acts 15. After all that is why Paul came to the 12.

Those Jews who believed Jesus was their Messiah and King were going out behind Paul and saying that the Gentiles had to keep the law ( just like some on this forum are saying). That is the very reason for the meeting between Paul and the 12. But the religious love the law because they can tell others how they are better than them. That is where their pride leads them.

Here it is, read it for yourselves.

Acts 15:22-29 ---- The Jerusalem Decree
22 Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren.
23 They wrote this, letter by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,

To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:

Greetings.
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "You must be circumcised and keep the law" — to whom we gave no such commandment —
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
NKJV

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Following the law is a given, with the blood of JESUS it gets easier to follow. Day by day I feel things fall away. I can't explain it except the grace/power of the Almighty is working in me. We will never be sin-free, but with the Spirit working in us, previous things we might have enjoyed don't bring joy. If that makes sense.

It makes all the sense in the world, IMHO!

Reactions: Acolyte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Anyone that can read can see that the argument for or against keeping the law was satisfied in Acts 15. After all that is why Paul came to the 12.

Those Jews who believed Jesus was their Messiah and King were going out behind Paul and saying that the Gentiles had to keep the law ( just like some on this forum are saying). That is the very reason for the meeting between Paul and the 12. But the religious love the law because they can tell others how they are better than them. That is where their pride leads them.

Here it is, read it for yourselves.

Acts 15:22-29 ---- The Jerusalem Decree
22 Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren.
23 They wrote this, letter by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,

To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:

Greetings.
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "You must be circumcised and keep the law" — to whom we gave no such commandment —
25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
NKJV
So see the diff in law and commandments then, if you choose to deem ancient Israeli Civil Code "law" as your translator has done there. Or don't, but see that you will only deceive yourself in the end hr.

Define "law" if you would pls, and let's see how it stands up iow, next to your Quote. We all seem to have variable defs of "law" so don't get me wrong ok, maybe mine is bad, but yours I can't get to make even logical sense? Surely God does not expect us to obey ancient ICC--from a fallen kingdom--but our own code supposedly derived from the Decalogue? IMO it is intentional confusion to reveal the hidden nature of Law, which we are told is Holy, and I think reading from the lex will reveal the instances in which English trannies take liberties with the term "Law" to achieve this effect. How many diff orig words are translated "law" to us now? I ask bc I can't really even search that from here.

So iow we are like being played against each other by this imo, and as I'm out for now I'll leave you to it! :) hny

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Following the law is a given, with the blood of JESUS it gets easier to follow. Day by day I feel things fall away. I can't explain it except the grace/power of the Almighty is working in me. We will never be sin-free, but with the Spirit working in us, previous things we might have enjoyed don't bring joy. If that makes sense.

( and @Nancy , I saw you answer to her . :) )

Hi both. :)
My contention would be in the focus. ie "Following"....
We do not think about , follow , or focus on the law.
" He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. " Isa 53

If we give too much attention to sin...we cannot be fully conscious of HIM!! ( ha! I made a poem! )

If we are moment by moment God conscious , we just wont be tricked into temptation or sin...it is not second nature to us. God Presence is!

I'm probably preaching to the choir here... :D
....soapbox.gif

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
( and @Nancy , I saw you answer to her . :) )

Hi both. :)
My contention would be in the focus. ie "Following"....
We do not think about , follow , or focus on the law.
" He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. " Isa 53

If we give too much attention to sin...we cannot be fully conscious of HIM!! ( ha! I made a poem! )

If we are moment by moment God conscious , we just wont be tricked into temptation or sin...it is not second nature to us. God Presence is!

I'm probably preaching to the choir here... :D
....View attachment 5099
Amen Sister Helen! ♥ Being God conscious, we will not let our own "self"-consciousness rule. That is a struggle with myself, have been shy for most of my life---UNTIL getting to know someone and, I started to view that self-consciousness (shyness, really) as sin, because my eyes were on me instead of Him. Oh He has brought me a long way, Hallelujah! ♥♥

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen Sister Helen! ♥ Being God conscious, we will not let our own "self"-consciousness rule. That is a struggle with myself, have been shy for most of my life---UNTIL getting to know someone and, I started to view that self-consciousness (shyness, really) as sin, because my eyes were on me instead of Him. Oh He has brought me a long way, Hallelujah! ♥♥

Hello my friend..Happy New Year...may it be your best in Christ ever!

Oh I know what you mean...the old "Death to the self" message that is ever with us. Now I understand your post more.

Even with 'the sin' of self consciousness , is it not already taken care of? How powerful was His blood? Enough?

Personally I believe God has got it!
My 'besetting sin' is worry about health things ...it puts the focus back on me and my body. :rolleyes:
I may be wrong , but I don't worry about it 'as sin'.
I say to the Lord, "there I go again..back to me and not Thee" :)

I see all these things as lack of maturity...not sin as such.
For me sin is taken care of...and the last thing I think of is "The Law".. I see it gone, nailed on the cross with Christ 2000 years ago.

Just me. xxx

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Don't be deceived, little children" implies otherwise imo, wadr. It is incumbent upon you to correctly define and follow the Law, while not being under it at the same time, in the alt dialectic definition of "law" little l that any English tranny will even reveal! Um, bam. HNY Helen :)
So see the diff in law and commandments then, if you choose to deem ancient Israeli Civil Code "law" as your translator has done there. Or don't, but see that you will only deceive yourself in the end hr.

Define "law" if you would pls, and let's see how it stands up iow, next to your Quote. We all seem to have variable defs of "law" so don't get me wrong ok, maybe mine is bad, but yours I can't get to make even logical sense? Surely God does not expect us to obey ancient ICC--from a fallen kingdom--but our own code supposedly derived from the Decalogue? IMO it is intentional confusion to reveal the hidden nature of Law, which we are told is Holy, and I think reading from the lex will reveal the instances in which English trannies take liberties with the term "Law" to achieve this effect. How many diff orig words are translated "law" to us now? I ask bc I can't really even search that from here.

So iow we are like being played against each other by this imo, and as I'm out for now I'll leave you to it! :) hny
edited

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my friend..Happy New Year...may it be your best in Christ ever!

Oh I know what you mean...the old "Death to the self" message that is ever with us. Now I understand your post more.

Even with 'the sin' of self consciousness , is it not already taken care of? How powerful was His blood? Enough?

Personally I believe God has got it!
My 'besetting sin' is worry about health things ...it puts the focus back on me and my body. :rolleyes:
I may be wrong , but I don't worry about it 'as sin'.

I see all these things as lack of maturity...not sin as such.
For me sin is taken care of...and the last thing I think of is "The Law".. I see it gone, nailed on the cross with Christ 2000 years ago.

Just me. xxx

"Even with 'the sin' of self consciousness , is it not already taken care of? How powerful was His blood? Enough?"
More than enough ♥

"I may be wrong , but I don't worry about it 'as sin'.
Bold is mine :) in that case, it is NOT sin to you. Mine used to be so as I would start to compare myself to other Christians (In the 1990's, no more-Praise God!) And, being naturally shy to start, I was uncomfortable in my own skin so...the eyes were way more inward than on Our Creator! Lol. So grateful He continues what He starts in us. ♥♥