Paul claimed 3 times that Revelation 20:4 was a current reality.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you should understand that "Literal" Sheep and Goats aren't going to be at the final judgement, they are "Fictitious Charachters" representing those that lived as humans on earth, a "Parable"

Jesus Is The Lord

Are Sheep/Goats going to be literally Judged "NO"!

The Sheep/Goats is a "Parable" using non-literal representations while speaking to "Heardsmen", the word "Metaphor" isn't found in my Holy Bible

Sheep/Goats are "Fictitious" representations, they aren't going to be standing in judgement before God, Duh!

You're on the run in distraction from biblical truth and the word "Parable" seen below, Jesus spoke in "Parables"!

Jesus Is The Lord

Matthew 13:13KJV
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Heavy sigh, Are there going to be literal sheep and goats? Of course not and if one actually read what I wrote they would see that I said they stood for saints and sinners, that's two words, bro, everything else is literal and two words does not a parable make!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jews no longer need to hear teh gospel. god has put into effect teh new covenant with the houses of Israel and Judah (not just some but all are in the covenant)

Every Jew from the least to teh greatest knows the Lord according to you.
That isn't what I was saying and you know it. The prophecy is speaking generally and not saying that literally all Jews would be saved and know the Lord. Do you think the following is referring to God pouring out His Spirit on literally all people?

Acts 2:15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

If you took this as literally as you take Jeremiah 31:31-34, you would conclude that it's saying God would pour out His Spirit on literally all people, but we know that is not what it means.

Do you not understand that it is the blood of Christ that established the new covenant? I don't know how any Christian would not understand that.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Scripture makes it very clear that the new covenant was put into effect long ago, so why do you not accept that?

All of christianity would disagree with you.
That is a lie. A fundamental belief of Christianity is that the shed blood of Christ established the new covenant long ago and you don't even believe that. You are failing Christianity 101.

Reactions: rwb

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hat isn't what I was saying and you know it. The prophecy is speaking generally and not saying that literally all Jews would be saved and know the Lord. Do you think the following is referring to God pouring out His Spirit on literally all people?
Well that is according to you, but not what is written. It says the houses of Israel and Judah! That means all Jews and then it also says everyone- that is specific and not general! I will take what God says at His Word over what you say God is saying.
Acts 2:15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17 “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

If you took this as literally as you take Jeremiah 31:31-34, you would conclude that it's saying God would pour out His Spirit on literally all people, but we know that is not what it means.
So god needs you to correct His errors? I think not! If you went to the original language you would see the construct of "all" in the context means all sorts of people, not every single person there is.

Example. You are having a birthday party for your child and you invite 12 kids to the party. Your spouse asks if all the kids are coming and you say, yea all the children are coming! That is not every child in the world but every child of a category of children. This is simple grammar you should know.
That is a lie. A fundamental belief of Christianity is that the shed blood of Christ established the new covenant long ago and you don't even believe that. You are failing Christianity 101.
If by establish you mean insured it would happen, I agree. If you mean if has gone into effect as declared by Gods- no it has not! Man has reinterpreted teh covenant to make it seem like it has gone into effect but not according as God declared the covenant.
2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Scripture makes it very clear that the new covenant was put into effect long ago, so why do you not accept that?
So show me where Gentiles fathers were in the desert and broke the Mosaic covenant?

Jeremiah 31:31-34

King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Show me where God wed gentiles.

Show me a gentile nation led out of Egypt.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If by establish you mean insured it would happen, I agree. If you mean if has gone into effect as declared by Gods- no it has not! Man has reinterpreted teh covenant to make it seem like it has gone into effect but not according as God declared the covenant.
Provide just one name of any recognized defender of the true faith between the 1st and 18th centuries who claimed, as you do, that the New Covenant had not gone into effect.

Just one name.

You believe that Jesus extended to His disciples a New Covenant which you deny had gone into effect. It doesn't get any more absurd, or worse, than that. Jesus extended His Blood of His New Covenant to His disciples (Matthew 26:28). If there was no New Covenant, then there was no Blood, because the Blood was the the Blood of the New Covenant.
Such denial is nothing other than blasphemy, an abomination of desecration.

If you're not under the New Covenant, you're still in your sin.
Show me a gentile nation led out of Egypt.
Show us a Jewish nation led out of Egypt.

Israel included Gentiles immediately from the time of its birth as a nation, and throughout its entire history.

Stop trying to contort God into a racist.

Genesis 17:12
And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Exodus 12
37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children.
38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle.

Exodus 12:48
And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

Exodus 12:49
One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Leviticus 19:34
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 24:22
Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the Lord your God.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb