Paul claimed 3 times that Revelation 20:4 was a current reality.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sheep/Goats is a "Parable" using non-literal representations while speaking to "Heardsmen", the word "Metaphor" isn't found in my Holy Bible

Sheep/Goats are "Fictitious" representations, they aren't going to be standing in judgement before God, Duh!

You're on the run in distraction from biblical truth and the word "Parable" seen below, Jesus spoke in "Parables"!

Jesus Is The Lord

Matthew 13:13KJV
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Try and read the difference between Matt. 25:1-13, 14-30 and 31-46. The first two are parables which are usually used to portray some aspect of the kingdom of God on earth and or heaven. The latter does not do this. Not everything He spoke was a parable and this is the case in 31-46. There is no aspect of the kingdom like there are with the others. Do you think Matt. 24 is a parable? Matt. 25 is part of the same Olivet discourse. Begins w/ prophetic truth, throws in a couple of parables and ends w/ prophetic truth. This would make a good poll question.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture never claims those dead at the GWT are resurrected. You force that into the text. I am not fighting Scripture. I am pointing out you are inserting your opinion into the text.

In Revelation 20:4 those sitting on the thrones were judging those beheaded souls. They were not being judged. The verse states they were given a judgment to pass onto those souls who were beheaded. That judgment handed down was the first resurrection.

The church is not granted eternal life because of works they have done. The church is under the alter, covered by the Atonement Covenant of the Cross.

If you refuse to accept that, then your salvation is based on your own good works, and not the Cross. We are rewarded according to our works.

How can you say good works can keep one out of the LOF? You keep wanting to hold on to the thought that those dead have done good works and allowed a physical resurrection just for the result to be the LOF? That is not a resurrection. Neither do our works cause us to be eternally lost. We were lost at the moment of conception. That is why everyone needs the second birth. Are you saying that torment has different levels in the LOF?

I just gave you the passage that says "the dead" stand before God! How can the dead stand before God if they are not resurrected to life again? All of humanity shall be physically resurrected at the same hour that is coming. Their destination is resurrection to life for those who have done good, or resurrection of damnation for those who have done evil, i.e. THE DEAD! If you can pay attention to the text, you should notice how John says it is the DEAD, resurrected to damnation, not those resurrected to life again, but the DEAD are the ones who are judged by what is written in the books and the book of life. Why are only the DEAD resurrected to damnation judged by their works? Because their works are but filthy rags before God, they died without having part in the first resurrection, they were never born again, born from above, having the Holy Spirit, or spiritually alive in them. They thought their good works could save them and did not have faith to believe the cross work of Christ and His resurrection secured everlasting life for them. Which is why they are the DEAD resurrected to damnation and not among the living and reigning with Christ in TIME, symbolized a thousand years.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Judgment was already given to those on the throne!! They are judging no one! Where does Scripture say "they were given a judgment to pass onto those souls beheaded"??? The first resurrection is not "handed down" it is the resurrection of Christ man MUST partake of while living in TIME, symbolized a thousand years, to overcome the second death. Where do you get this stuff????

Who said the Church is granted eternal life based on their works??? Believers who are the Church after death are in heaven. Those who were under the alter, signifying covered by Christ's atoning blood, were Old Covenant faithful saints who died before the advent of Christ, waiting in faith covered by Christ's atoning blood, because they could not go directly to heaven after death before Christ defeated death by His cross and resurrection.

Salvation for all who are of faith is dependent upon the finished work of Christ, and our reward is eternal life for all who believe and trust in Him. Perhaps you are carrying on so many discussions with different people that you can't keep straight what is actually said???? Who said our good works keep us out of the LOF??? Are you confusing dreams you might be having with what is actually said??? The dead are not physically resurrected to life again! They are physically resurrected to condemnation in the LOF, not to return to life! Anyone with the least amount of understanding should know that!!!

We must be born again from above while we are physically alive, which means we must partake of the first resurrection that is the resurrection life through Christ. If man dies without having part in the first resurrection which is spiritual and through the Spirit in us, then when that man dies his condemnation in the LOF is forever sealed.

Reactions: covenantee

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It helps to quote this passage in context. Christ shows us the hour coming, and now is, is when mankind is able to hear His Word and believe on Him. Those who hear and believe in the hour that has NOW come is when we obtain everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation but have passed from death to life. Not all who are spiritually dead hear His voice in this hour that NOW is, because Christ says, "they that hear shall live." Some do not hear the voice of the Son of God coming from His Word and remain spiritually dead. Never having everlasting life because they do not believe on Him.
I gave the actual 'context'. That's what breaking the phrases down does.

And that phrase, "the hour is coming, and now is" of John 5:25 is NOT about His future coming at the end of this world. So you just lost... the context, and reveal you don't know what it is at all.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave the actual 'context'. That's what breaking the phrases down does.

And that phrase, "the hour is coming, and now is" of John 5:25 is NOT about His future coming at the end of this world. So you just lost... the context, and reveal you don't know what it is at all.

You limit your context to vs. 25 and the hour that John writes "now is" but ignore vs. 28 where John writes "for the hour is coming".

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Here once again is the full context you seek to ignore Davy!

John 5:24-25 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Christ contrasts the hour that has NOW come, a time for hearing His Word and believing on Him, with the hour that IS coming when ALL that are in the graves will hear His voice and physically come out of the grave unto the resurrection of life, or the resurrection of damnation.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Nowhere in these passages do we read of the unjust being cast into the lake of fire one thousand years after they are physically resurrected for damnation. Only an unbiblical interpretation of Rev 20 leads you to believe this error.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You limit your context to vs. 25 and the hour that John writes "now is" but ignore vs. 28 where John writes "for the hour is coming".
You are such a liar.

On page 31 of this thread I discuss the John 5:28-29 Scripture THREE TIMES, showing that specific passage is ONLY for the time of Christ's future coming and the resurrection.

Now if you missed those posts, then I will apologize for calling you a LIAR. But somehow, I don't think you missed those. I already have the feeling by The Holy Spirit that you are here to create chaos and not abide by God's Word.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try and read the difference between Matt. 25:1-13, 14-30 and 31-46. The first two are parables which are usually used to portray some aspect of the kingdom of God on earth and or heaven. The latter does not do this. Not everything He spoke was a parable and this is the case in 31-46. There is no aspect of the kingdom like there are with the others. Do you think Matt. 24 is a parable? Matt. 25 is part of the same Olivet discourse. Begins w/ prophetic truth, throws in a couple of parables and ends w/ prophetic truth. This would make a good poll question.
Your living in a fairy tale of self-guided illusion

Are Sheep/Goats going to be literally Judged "NO"!

The Sheep/Goats is a "Parable" using non-literal representations while speaking to "Heardsmen", the word "Metaphor" isn't found in my Holy Bible

Sheep/Goats are "Fictitious" representations, they aren't going to be standing in judgement before God, Duh!

You're on the run in distraction from biblical truth and the word "Parable" seen below, Jesus spoke in "Parables"!

Jesus Is The Lord

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:4
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

This is one of the most controversial verses in the entire bible and a lot of Christians believe that it has to be a future event because they believe that it's on the resurrection day. But according to Paul he stated three times that it was a current reality back in his day.

Here below are the three texts.

Ephesians
2:4-6
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

In the verses above Paul states that we were already made alive, raised up and seated with Christ in the heavenly realms.

Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Once again Paul states that we have already been raised up with Christ.

Romans 5:17
17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

Finally in the verse above Paul states that we reign in life through Jesus.

All of these verses were a current reality while alive in the physical body almost two thousand years ago. If it was a reality back, then it is still a reality today.

Paul ties three events directly to Revelation 20:4 "that we have been made alive", "seated with Christ in the heavenly realms" and that "we reign (in life) through Jesus".

Why do so many Christians not accept this even though Paul declares it? Because they are focused on it being physical not spiritual. They focus on the physical because it mentions saints that were beheaded by the beast and the thousand years.

But let's let scripture interpret scripture. Paul teaches that its spiritual and what John is saying in Revelation 20:4 is that even though the saints are beheaded they still live and reign spiritually the soul doesn't die with the body. It's a promise even though you may die for Jesus you will still live and reign spiritually. The beast can kill the body but not the soul.

Thus, according to Paul we reign in life now and have been for almost two thousand years we are not limited to a literal thousand years God has a better longer plan.

This does not take away a future physical resurrection at the end of our world.

Still some very interesting insights to be gleaned from here.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are such a liar.

On page 31 of this thread I discuss the John 5:28-29 Scripture THREE TIMES, showing that specific passage is ONLY for the time of Christ's future coming and the resurrection.

Now if you missed those posts, then I will apologize for calling you a LIAR. But somewhere, I don't think you missed those. I already have the feeling by The Holy Spirit that you are here to create chaos and not abide by God's Word.

I don't take kindly to being called a LIAR DAVY! It seems once more YOU are promoting unbiblical doctrine, and when exposed you tend to show your true color....which is very dark!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't take kindly to being called a LIAR DAVY! It seems once more YOU are promoting unbiblical doctrine, and when exposed you tend to show your true color....which is very dark!
You have exposed nothing, and you have been calling me a LIAR all along with YOUR posts! But it is you that is bearing false witness, not just against me, but also against God's written Word.

So, tell us why you really... have come to this forum. Is to try and drive those who keep God's Word as written off it?

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have exposed nothing, and you have been calling me a LIAR all along with YOUR posts! But it is you that is bearing false witness, not just against me, but also against God's written Word.

So, tell us why you really... have come to this forum. Is to try and drive those who keep God's Word as written off it?

No Davy, what I have been doing with my replies is exposing your erroneous doctrines! And that apparently really ticks you off! You are the one who is bearing false witness of God's Word Davy. Since you are inclined to accuse others for what you are guilty of, I must ask, why have you come to this forum Davy? It is your intention to hide the truth or are you simply among the deceived and not yet the deceiver, but merely without understanding of the Word of God Davy?

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are only the DEAD resurrected to damnation judged by their works?
They are called the dead. They are not called the resurrected dead. The definition of dead always means dead. How can the dead stand in sheol without a resurrection? Are they also resurrected in sheol?

When these dead stand before God, there is not even a physical creation, neither heaven nor earth. Are you declaring they stand in the NHNE thus afforded all the benefits of the Atonement prior to being cast into the LOF?

Resurrection is only granted after judgment is pronounced.

You don't even allow a physical resurrection to those in verse 4. Declaring one in verse 12 is blatantly dishonest to prove Amil is correct. Those dead are judged according to their works. When do you think salvation via the Atonement kicks in at this Judgment? Because that is when they receive the first resurrection or any resurrection at all.

You claim the first resurrection is spiritual birth. You don't ever posit a physical resurrection at any point. Is the physical restoration some second resurrection never found once in Scripture? Did all those given life after physical death in Scripture receive a second resurrection? What is this second resurrection you have concocted? For those who physically became alive after death, given this second resurrection, why would a second resurrection happen before a first resurrection?

What ever happened to sticking with one definition that works? The first resurrection is physical, and that is all. There is no resurrection after that unless there is a second death. Not many people die twice. And in Scripture the second death is the LOF. The only logical second resurrection is getting out of the LOF.

Otherwise a second resurrection after a second physical death is still a first resurrection again, as physical life is restored the second time. Death was only physical twice, and the resurrection was physical twice. It was not born twice, just resurrected twice. In Scripture the use of second, has moved from the physical to the spiritual to not confuse chronological physical deaths. Most people do not make it a habit to die physically and resurrect physically multiple times, much less only one time.

Back to John 5:29

"And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

This verse is not proof all of humanity from all time is mentioned here.

This verse is proof that at the GWT some will have the resurrection of life, or no one will. They will all be cast into the LOF.

With this verse you are literally saying that those in Christ will also be in death and sheol until the GWT. There are a couple of pre-mill who agree with you that the redeemed are in death until the GWT. For the very same reason that there is only one resurrection where the Lamb's book of life is opened.

And you refuse to accept this is about doing good works, even though that is the basis for the two types of resurrections.

So now instead of a first and second resurrection, you declare from Scripture a good works resurrection to life and an evil works resurrection to death. Then you declare, no, it is not about works, even though that is the only basis for either type.

If you declare salvation is not by works, then this rules out that the redeemed are even mentioned in this verse. Which now brings me back to my point which you have not addressed once.

They shall come forth. That is still the dead standing at the GWT. Coming forth is not a resurrection, not even in this verse. The resurrection is their destination after judgment. They shall come forth unto the resurrection. You claim the resurrection is the coming forth, but it is not. Some of these dead are granted the resurrection of life, after being judged according to their works. But only the lost are still in their graves at that point. No one who accepted redemption in their physical life is in their graves at this point. Only those in sheol and death. Death is those who are removed from the Lamb's book of life before they physically die.

Not in this verse, nor in Revelation 20 does it claim the lost ever experience the first resurrection. If they did, they would have already been spiritually born from above prior to the first resurrection. You claim even prior to the first death, as the spiritual birth is not granted in death. It has to happen in physical life. Thus one cannot be alive when they experience the first resurrection. They have not even experienced the first death yet.

For this reason, Jesus never calls the first resurrection being born again. Because all humans agree the first resurrection is physical life after physical death, except for those amil who have it all confused. But yet Amil are hypocritical declaring there is need for the first resurrection to even stand before the GWT. But they cannot call it the first resurrection, because they have misappropriated the usage of the first resurrection to mean the second birth, which already has an agreed wording: being born the second time into a spiritual family from above.

A resurrection is not a birth. A resurrection is a restoration of something lost, and in this case physical life. A first resurrection cannot happen prior to the first death. A first resurrection is granted after physical death.

That is why those thrones in verse 4 were handed down a judgment from God.

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

These thrones were not being judged by God. This is not the GWT, but a lower court. These thrones clearly received a judgment from the higher court, the GWT. The judgment is the following:

"they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"

That is the judgment handed down from the GWT to these thrones that John saw. It is further described here:

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

This is the first resurrection. It is not granted to Christ who is eternally alive and the King. The first resurrection is granted to those beheaded in the 42 months, just prior to Armageddon. These are the souls standing before the thrones in verse 4. A soul that receives the first resurrection gets a permanent incorruptible physical body. They live on earth with those in the camp of the saints.

You turn around and declare those beheaded represent the Church living in the last 1992 years and call the first resurrection, the second birth granted to the living, even though the first resurrection was granted to souls whose head was severed from their body, and in need of a physical restoration, called the first resurrection. They did not need the second birth, as they were not in sheol, nor death. They only had a head severed from their body as testimony to overcoming the mark of the beast and not giving in to the worship demands of Satan. In other words the act of cutting off their head was their spiritual birth ie your "first resurrection". The contradiction is that the judgment they received was the first resurrection. The first resurrection cannot be the act of them physically dying. Their physical death was their moment of spiritual birth. That is why they are souls waiting for judgment, and no Scripture declares they went to death nor sheol when their heads were cut off. Revelation 20:4 cannot be turned into symbolism describing the church of the last 1992 years. Some would even claim these thrones are the church handing this judgment to those beheaded. Why would the church be judging itself as a perpetual motion phenomenon?

Amil point to the Cross. One could also point to Job 1 and these thrones are the council of the sons of God. At the Second Coming the church is restored as sons of God. In Revelation 6, these restored sons of God were told to wait. They were waiting for those beheaded mentioned in Revelation 20:4. Then it seems they were allowed to grant these beheaded a first resurrection. Amil can only reply with the point Revelation is too symbolic and not even in chronological order. As if only they can figure it out and declare their opinion as truth. Revelation is pretty straightforward when it deals with life and death. Those beheaded were dead physically and granted life physically on earth. They were not part of the church, but still redeemed out of Adam's dead corruptible flesh just as the church was. The church stood in judgment. The church was not being judged. Those beheaded were being sentenced to the first resurrection. That being a permanent incorruptible physical body. No where does it claim they were glorified, and joined the church, even though some amil seem to think there is more than one way into Paradise: being the church and those judged by the church.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Is The Lord

So the second coming is just a parable, and probably will not happen since it is not literal?

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another"

This is your parable. Are you suggesting it is only a suggestion? You seem to be the one demanding a parable as parables are for those lacking in understanding.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus Is The Lord

Maybe you should look up the meaning of a metaphor or analogy. He's speaking to the same people he was in Matt. 24:3.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are called the dead. They are not called the resurrected dead. The definition of dead always means dead. How can the dead stand in sheol without a resurrection? Are they also resurrected in sheol?

When these dead stand before God, there is not even a physical creation, neither heaven nor earth. Are you declaring they stand in the NHNE thus afforded all the benefits of the Atonement prior to being cast into the LOF?

Resurrection is only granted after judgment is pronounced.

You don't even allow a physical resurrection to those in verse 4. Declaring one in verse 12 is blatantly dishonest to prove Amil is correct. Those dead are judged according to their works. When do you think salvation via the Atonement kicks in at this Judgment? Because that is when they receive the first resurrection or any resurrection at all.

You claim the first resurrection is spiritual birth. You don't ever posit a physical resurrection at any point. Is the physical restoration some second resurrection never found once in Scripture? Did all those given life after physical death in Scripture receive a second resurrection? What is this second resurrection you have concocted? For those who physically became alive after death, given this second resurrection, why would a second resurrection happen before a first resurrection?

What ever happened to sticking with one definition that works? The first resurrection is physical, and that is all. There is no resurrection after that unless there is a second death. Not many people die twice. And in Scripture the second death is the LOF. The only logical second resurrection is getting out of the LOF.

Otherwise a second resurrection after a second physical death is still a first resurrection again, as physical life is restored the second time. Death was only physical twice, and the resurrection was physical twice. It was not born twice, just resurrected twice. In Scripture the use of second, has moved from the physical to the spiritual to not confuse chronological physical deaths. Most people do not make it a habit to die physically and resurrect physically multiple times, much less only one time.

Back to John 5:29

"And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

This verse is not proof all of humanity from all time is mentioned here.

This verse is proof that at the GWT some will have the resurrection of life, or no one will. They will all be cast into the LOF.

With this verse you are literally saying that those in Christ will also be in death and sheol until the GWT. There are a couple of pre-mill who agree with you that the redeemed are in death until the GWT. For the very same reason that there is only one resurrection where the Lamb's book of life is opened.

And you refuse to accept this is about doing good works, even though that is the basis for the two types of resurrections.

So now instead of a first and second resurrection, you declare from Scripture a good works resurrection to life and an evil works resurrection to death. Then you declare, no, it is not about works, even though that is the only basis for either type.

If you declare salvation is not by works, then this rules out that the redeemed are even mentioned in this verse. Which now brings me back to my point which you have not addressed once.

They shall come forth. That is still the dead standing at the GWT. Coming forth is not a resurrection, not even in this verse. The resurrection is their destination after judgment. They shall come forth unto the resurrection. You claim the resurrection is the coming forth, but it is not. Some of these dead are granted the resurrection of life, after being judged according to their works. But only the lost are still in their graves at that point. No one who accepted redemption in their physical life is in their graves at this point. Only those in sheol and death. Death is those who are removed from the Lamb's book of life before they physically die.

Not in this verse, nor in Revelation 20 does it claim the lost ever experience the first resurrection. If they did, they would have already been spiritually born from above prior to the first resurrection. You claim even prior to the first death, as the spiritual birth is not granted in death. It has to happen in physical life. Thus one cannot be alive when they experience the first resurrection. They have not even experienced the first death yet.

For this reason, Jesus never calls the first resurrection being born again. Because all humans agree the first resurrection is physical life after physical death, except for those amil who have it all confused. But yet Amil are hypocritical declaring there is need for the first resurrection to even stand before the GWT. But they cannot call it the first resurrection, because they have misappropriated the usage of the first resurrection to mean the second birth, which already has an agreed wording: being born the second time into a spiritual family from above.

A resurrection is not a birth. A resurrection is a restoration of something lost, and in this case physical life. A first resurrection cannot happen prior to the first death. A first resurrection is granted after physical death.

That is why those thrones in verse 4 were handed down a judgment from God.

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

These thrones were not being judged by God. This is not the GWT, but a lower court. These thrones clearly received a judgment from the higher court, the GWT. The judgment is the following:

"they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"

That is the judgment handed down from the GWT to these thrones that John saw. It is further described here:

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

This is the first resurrection. It is not granted to Christ who is eternally alive and the King. The first resurrection is granted to those beheaded in the 42 months, just prior to Armageddon. These are the souls standing before the thrones in verse 4. A soul that receives the first resurrection gets a permanent incorruptible physical body. They live on earth with those in the camp of the saints.

You turn around and declare those beheaded represent the Church living in the last 1992 years and call the first resurrection, the second birth granted to the living, even though the first resurrection was granted to souls whose head was severed from their body, and in need of a physical restoration, called the first resurrection. They did not need the second birth, as they were not in sheol, nor death. They only had a head severed from their body as testimony to overcoming the mark of the beast and not giving in to the worship demands of Satan. In other words the act of cutting off their head was their spiritual birth ie your "first resurrection". The contradiction is that the judgment they received was the first resurrection. The first resurrection cannot be the act of them physically dying. Their physical death was their moment of spiritual birth. That is why they are souls waiting for judgment, and no Scripture declares they went to death nor sheol when their heads were cut off. Revelation 20:4 cannot be turned into symbolism describing the church of the last 1992 years. Some would even claim these thrones are the church handing this judgment to those beheaded. Why would the church be judging itself as a perpetual motion phenomenon?

Amil point to the Cross. One could also point to Job 1 and these thrones are the council of the sons of God. At the Second Coming the church is restored as sons of God. In Revelation 6, these restored sons of God were told to wait. They were waiting for those beheaded mentioned in Revelation 20:4. Then it seems they were allowed to grant these beheaded a first resurrection. Amil can only reply with the point Revelation is too symbolic and not even in chronological order. As if only they can figure it out and declare their opinion as truth. Revelation is pretty straightforward when it deals with life and death. Those beheaded were dead physically and granted life physically on earth. They were not part of the church, but still redeemed out of Adam's dead corruptible flesh just as the church was. The church stood in judgment. The church was not being judged. Those beheaded were being sentenced to the first resurrection. That being a permanent incorruptible physical body. No where does it claim they were glorified, and joined the church, even though some amil seem to think there is more than one way into Paradise: being the church and those judged by the church.

Since I have no understanding of this gobbledygook, I give up!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the second coming is just a parable, and probably will not happen since it is not literal?

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another"

This is your parable. Are you suggesting it is only a suggestion? You seem to be the one demanding a parable as parables are for those lacking in understanding.

Your response is, Chaos and Confusion

Reactions: rwb

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you should look up the meaning of a metaphor or analogy. He's speaking to the same people he was in Matt. 24:3.
Maybe you should understand that "Literal" Sheep and Goats aren't going to be at the final judgement, they are "Fictitious Charachters" representing those that lived as humans on earth, a "Parable"

Jesus Is The Lord

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I have no understanding of this gobbledygook, I give up!
Since you don't explain how the resurrection is the sentence handed down, I would give up as well, trying to prove, like you do, how the prisoner was transfered from prison to the court house is the same thing as their literal sentence.

The movement from sheol to the GWT is not the resurrection. The experience in the LOF is the resurrection.

The first resurrection is not being born again into God's family. The spiritual birth is being born into God's family. The first resurrection is one getting a permanent body that cannot be destroyed. But the dead don't need a physical body to stand. They need it to experience the LOF.

Where in John 5:28-29 does Jesus call it a resurrection? You say when they leave their grave. Jesus said after the determination of life or death. The word "unto" is the reason you are wrong.