Paul was a wolf in sheeps clothing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
Amen to the first bit, who said I didnt believe in His laws, they are good and right, Jesus never gave us the Ten commandments, God gave them to moses who gave them to teh Jews, to show them how fallible they whjere and how they needed God, yet even with the laws, like so may christians they insist on earning their way to heaven by trying to keep them.

BTW that actually was not a question but a statement. I have a concience that all the gentiles had, that is what tells us right from wrong. Even having teh laws written in ones mind will not stop anyone from breaking them, as they where made for the perfect person, and teh ony one I know of who was perfect was Jesus. So again having the law written in your mind will condemn you, as that what laws do, it sends people to jail, even into days world, Is that where you want to spend eternity??

Again it is the law ' your best efforts" or grace , the best from God, Its one or the other which will it be??

The law has never and will never save anyone, they even slew our saviour. Dont you get it.

And that is where I wil lleave it, God will not argue with the wisdom of men. If you havnt got it yet you never will, Revelation comes from God not from reading books, something so many dont seem to get.

So you are saying, you are saved by Grace of God, and after that you thumb your nose at God, but sinning (sin is transgression of God's law)...that would seem ungrateful to God for forgiving your sins....
I take the other approach..God saved me by His grace, and because and in gratitude I want to please Him by keeping His commandments....(and they are not burdensome 1st John)

See the difference..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you are saying, you are saved by Grace of God, and after that you thumb your nose at God, but sinning (sin is transgression of God's law)..
Acxtually I am saved by the grace of god it is you and somenone else who seems to delight in sinning.
Of course if you name is Jesus than I can accept that you do. otherwise ,

1Jn_1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

And oh yes, His commandment the one He gave us,

Joh_15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Why because God is love and love need no Laws to do good, that why the law was made for sinners.

I guess by all your words indeed , by your insistance on keeping the law. It says in black and white,

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient,murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for the ungodly and for sinners,

and that is why,

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Because we have put on His righteousness, not our own, and so no longer can be condemned by the law. It was His blood that freed us form bondage to sin and the Jews from teh law and death. So go show the world how perfect you are and I will show you the only perfect man,

Christ Jesus who saved us from sin and death, those who believe that is.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Paul in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? Godforbid. We establish the law."
and "do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid." (sin is described in 1st John as "
transgression of God's law"....

If you do not have God's law written on your heart and mind..pity you!(Hebrews 8 and 10)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you do not have God's law written on your heart and mind..pity you!(Hebrews 8 and 10)
I dont know why you would pity me, I already know my place in Christ. I have ,

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

In all His Love

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Romans 2...Paul says it is DOERS of the law who are justified, not those who just hear the law..you have to walk the walk as well....even if you think you are infallible!