Peace come via the Sovereignty of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What wonderful responses here …ever one a gem of thought /musing….thank you all so much .

whenever @ScottA mentions time , no time , and Gods time…I get excited , I am always so quick in forgetting these truths…and slow to remember …
Thats why we are placed in The Body , with every joint supplying….none of us have it all…but together we have everything we need for life and godliness .

now I will reread all the posts here again…such good thoughts ….

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’ve been musing on this statement .
My husband mentioned that if we want to live with peace in our hearts at all times …all we need to do /rest in, …is believing in the sovereignty of Father God.
I’ve always been a freewill person , believing that we each have free will ‘within’ the circle of His total sovereignty…
To believe that EVERYTHING in my day is governed by the loving sovereignty of Father , is a big step for me. I’m not there yet , but musing on this.

Thoughts ?
It depends what is meant by 'the sovereignty of God' Helen. If we see God as revealed by Jesus and described in the opening verses of Hebrews then we see a God who is vulnerable, a God who's love allows himself to be abused and killed. How does that fit into the picture man has of the term 'Sovereign God'?

Reactions: Helen and Lambano

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems that the pivotal point is Romans 8 ..already quoted here…
“for we KNOW that all things work together for good , for those who love God and are the called according to His purpose “…
I thought that I KNEW this , and I do…until I get into trouble , face some issue , then I waver in not being totally persuaded that ‘God has got this’ …SpHis dealing are not always to my liking…but for peace to reign I must believe that even if I don’t like it, He is working it for good…in the end…and we are not yet at the end…

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It seems that the pivotal point is Romans 8 ..already quoted here…
“for we KNOW that all things work together for good , for those who love God and are the called according to His purpose “…
I thought that I KNEW this , and I do…until I get into trouble , face some issue , then I waver in not being totally persuaded that ‘God has got this’ …SpHis dealing are not always to my liking…but for peace to reign I must believe that even if I don’t like it, He is working it for good…in the end…and we are not yet at the end…
Just as scholars do, we learn lessons at one level and then progress and learn the same lesson in different way, progressing into maturity as we go. God's tests.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just as scholars do, we learn lessons at one level and then progress and learn the same lesson in different way, progressing into maturity as we go. God's tests.

amen , good point…trouble is I seem very low at learning , and have to ‘ do it over ‘time and again! Ha! x

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
amen , good point…trouble is I seem very low at learning , and have to ‘ do it over ‘time and again! Ha! x
Yes we are all like that @Helen but we will attain our Master's degree in due time.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes we are all like that @Helen but we will attain our Master's degree in due time.

good one …yes , “we will reap if we faint not….” with this peace /sovereignty thing …brings me to …-Do I fully trust Him or not. Sometime I think I’ve got it…then like wet soap, it seems to slip from my grasp . But then , I guess that is what faith is all about …trusting through the darkness. :kissingheart:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good one …yes , “we will reap if we faint not….” with this peace /sovereignty thing …brings me to …-Do I fully trust Him or not. Sometime I think I’ve got it…then like wet soap, it seems to slip from my grasp . But then , I guess that is what faith is all about …trusting through the darkness. :kissingheart:

2 Peter 1:12 YLT
12) Wherefore, I will not be careless always to remind you concerning these things, though, having known them, and having been established in the present truth,

We all need reminding!

:)

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen