Peace come via the Sovereignty of God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’ve been musing on this statement .
My husband mentioned that if we want to live with peace in our hearts at all times …all we need to do /rest in, …is believing in the sovereignty of Father God.
I’ve always been a freewill person , believing that we each have free will ‘within’ the circle of His total sovereignty…
To believe that EVERYTHING in my day is governed by the loving sovereignty of Father , is a big step for me. I’m not there yet , but musing on this.

Thoughts ?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband mentioned that if we want to live with peace in our hearts at all times …all we need to do /rest in, …is believing in the sovereignty of Father God.
I’ve always been a freewill person , believing that we each have free will ‘within’ the circle of His total sovereignty…
To believe that EVERYTHING in my day is governed by the loving sovereignty of Father , is a big step for me. I’m not there yet , but musing on this.

Thoughts ?
I'm getting closer.

But I'm convinced your husband is right.

All things work together for good to those who love God, and who are the called according to His purpose.

So if we are among those who love God, the called, then yes, God is sovereign over every last little thing in our lives, and always always leads us to victory. The pathway may be brutal but the destination is sure.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thoughts ?

The way I keep my peace is by walking in the Spirit; never going against my conscience where God wrote all His laws. He not only placed them there, He gave us His Spirit to empower us to keep His commandments. Peace is a clear conscience.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thoughts ?
Maybe you're both right.

We're free and responsible.

God is sovereign.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the one that blesses me with peace. (Galatians 5:22-25). And God's spirit is love and peace and joy to us. It's not something I do, but can be, for instance when I serve God he does bless me with the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Helen and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you're both right.

We're free and responsible.

God is sovereign.
I think that yes, we are free, and yes, we are responsible, but I also think that God already knows how He will counter our every false move to make things good. Sometimes that "good" may be the building of our faith.

I think where the difficulty comes in is when we are in difficulty, can we know and rejoice that this also is God's plan for our day?

Much love!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm getting closer.

But I'm convinced your husband is right.

All things work together for good to those who love God, and who are the called according to His purpose.

So if we are among those who love God, the called, then yes, God is sovereign over every last little thing in our lives, and always always leads us to victory. The pathway may be brutal but the destination is sure.

Much love!

thx for that..love it!
I’ve been concerned that in believing in the total sovereignty would end up in fatalism. “Whatever will be will be” etc..
But I am beginning to see that in ‘believing God has got this’ , does bring a great measure of peace , even when we don’t understand what or why He is doing or allowing it .

Being a person who has fought so many dark fears in my life , this is a total change around for me.

….H

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a person who has fought so many dark fears in my life ,
That also characterizes my life! I was raised with fear, and you know what they say, Raise a child up in the way he should go, and he will not depart from that. It works in the negative also.

But yes, that's the essence, "God's got this". For me it feels like a abdication of responsibility to disown fear and worry, but I guess that's not the issue. Maybe the real thing is that I'm finally just giving up on myself. Long time coming!

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Thoughts ?
I'm glad you posted this @Helen because I have been having the same thoughts about myself. Am I really surrendered? So it's encouraging to know that others feel the same.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Thoughts ?

We have peace with God, because the blood of Jesus/death of Christ, keeps us saved.
So, that frees us from worrying about "losing salvation" or "broken fellowship with God."

Then Jesus says..>"my Peace i give unto you, not as the world gives, give i unto you"... So, this Peace is able to give us a deep sense of wellness, no matter the storms of life.
= KNOWING..that the "Prince of Peace" is in you.. and Knowing that "with God all things are possible".....allows us to face today with assurance, and tomorrow with Hope.

Imaging, reader,..
You get a 3am phone call...

Your mother, brother, father, grandparent, son, daughter...sister, is in the Emergency Room.....
So, you get ready, you drive to the ER, and all the way there you KNOW you have God on your Side, God in your Heart, God in your SITUATION.
See that?
That is PEACE in the STORM, that makes HOPE LIVE.

The unbelievers, they are panicking, they are grabbing meds, cigarettes, grabbing a bottle of booze, ...ANYTHING to try to bring some calm into themselves, as they HAVE NO HOPE....they have no GOD they can lean on...

We always do, as our God "will never leave you or forsake you".....

-Be blessed.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thoughts ?

He orders our steps, amen! Free will is awesome but dangerous, outside of His will.
I am a long ways off from being totally there yet, but you have me thinking now Helen.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God ordered all your steps, you would have never sinned in your entire life.

Reader, you have to THINK.
Psalm 37:23-24: “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.” Proverbs 16:9: “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.”

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Psalm 37:23-24: “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.” Proverbs 16:9: “We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.”
Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Notice that in the verse says that they "stumble"?
So, is the Lord Blind or is he just a cosmic clown that delights in tripping you on the way?
Why would God allow you to "stumble", if He is "directing your steps', = as Calvin falsely teaches as "everything is pre-determined"?

So, You are "Pre-destined" to STUMBLE, to LIE, to FEAR, to get SICK?
really?
Have you never confessed a sin? And so, why didn't God lead you AWAY from that?... = if God is directing all your steps?

Are you sure you are trying to think about these things?

How does God direct our steps?

Here are a few ways....

A.) The word of God is a Lamp, and a path, and a way.

B.) Confirmation = "God show me what to do, as im in a mess".... So, He brings a confirmation that is the actual way OUT of the mess.

C.) """When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you."" = The scriptures that are hidden in your heart.

D). Psalm 16:7. "night Season".... These are those time when you can't seem to figure out what is going on in your life... And again, the word is going to lead you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thoughts ?
Well...if you're going to muse :cool:

Freewill is real, and it seems to be something that lasts a lifetime...but that is only because we live it out--walk it out, at the end of the prism cast through the light of Christ from outside of Time in the twinkling of an eye.

What commonly gets overlooked in the course of a lifetime, is that our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, meaning that with Him there is "no shadow of turning"--no time. Thus, when the bible says, "before the foundation of the world" or refers to anything of God, it is referring to events without time, but in Christ in God. It is then in that context that all who are in Christ ["were"] actually also "before the foundation of the world" making that freewill decision between life and death as God has set it before us (just as it is written that Moses set life and death before Israel). And this is the blow by blow, moment by moment, line upon line version of it--as it is written.

Such is life in the world.

PS, and if you are able to bear it--it's all in real-time...that is to say, with God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thx for that..love it!
I’ve been concerned that in believing in the total sovereignty would end up in fatalism. “Whatever will be will be” etc..
But I am beginning to see that in ‘believing God has got this’ , does bring a great measure of peace , even when we don’t understand what or why He is doing or allowing it .

Being a person who has fought so many dark fears in my life , this is a total change around for me.

….H
What you are describing is just the way that it all unfolds to [us]...as we are last to know what God only reveals to us day by day. These are the days of future past. :) The good news here, is although we can do nothing of ourselves, just as "God has got this" (if we have Him in Christ)--so do we!

Reactions: marks

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Thoughts ?

I don't know of anyone who does not go through rough times. That's just part of life, and the older you get, the worse it gets.

It took me 80 years to find this promise in Scripture, and is now my daily foundation of faith:

"I have chosen and not rejected you.
Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you;
I will surely help you;
I will uphold you with My right hand of righteousness."
Isaiah 41:10

Whenever things get bad, that is my goto rock. It helps me remember my relationship with someone I trust.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that in the verse says that they "stumble"?
So, is the Lord Blind or is he just a cosmic clown that delights in tripping you on the way?
Why would God allow you to "stumble", if He is "directing your steps', = as Calvin falsely teaches as "everything is pre-determined"?

So, You are "Pre-destined" to STUMBLE, to LIE, to FEAR, to get SICK?
really?
Have you never confessed a sin? And so, why didn't God lead you AWAY from that?... = if God is directing all your steps?

Are you sure you are trying to think about these things?

How does God direct our steps?

Here are a few ways....

A.) The word of God is a Lamp, and a path, and a way.

B.) Confirmation = "God show me what to do, as im in a mess".... So, He brings a confirmation that is the actual way OUT of the mess.

C.) """When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you."" = The scriptures that are hidden in your heart.

D). Psalm 16:7. "night Season".... These are those time when you can't seem to figure out what is going on in your life... And again, the word is going to lead you.

"Why would God allow you to "stumble" - To grow our faith and dependency on Him?

As for the rest, I've no desire to discuss as, this was simply one scripture meaning just what it says.
God bless