Pentagram

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
No, live with my mom and step father. My step father been with every since 3 month old.

I don't remember where in the bible it said church is the people. I think Peter said it. I think church should have one room for worshiping and another room for everyone to sit down with everyone else to talk about the bible with other peers. Isn't a pastor suppose to be conciser?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Okay! thanks :)

It is true...the Church are the people. I like your idea about how the Church should operate. I find that this is how it is done in smaller groups like a home group. The Pastor is like a shepherd or overseer of the flock. He tends to have a heart for the people of God. Tends the lambs and feeds the flock kinda thing. ^_^

I have only been a part of small Churches that are more intimate that the larger type Churches but I guess there is a positive side to both...

Shalom.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I am just saying I know I get more out of worshiping then sitting bored out of my mind listen to a person talk.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My apologies for calling you out like that Wayne. My first impression of you was not correct. I believe you are here seeking answers to somethings that have been weighing on your mind lately...I hope that you find the answers that you seek...

later...

Nite!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Why does everyone think a pentagram is bad?

Isn't the original meaning of the pentagram protection from the devil back in the 1200 to the 1600. When did from there it got defaced? I also do understand if you make a pentagram and have writing in it is bad.

Personally I like how the pentagram look.

I don't think the pentegram is bad,,,,,, in and of itself. I think they look cool too. Personally I don't like pentegrams because of their use in satanism and the occult.

The origins of the pentegram and use aren't good. Mostly witches and druids used the pentegram as protection from evil. As a form of protection from anything it has no use in a Christians life.

I think you'd do better to research the history of the symbol.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Christianity

The pentagram is used as a Christian symbol for the five senses,[sup][21][/sup] and if the letters S, A, L, V, and S are inscribed in the points, it can be taken as a symbol of health (from Latin salus).[sup][22][/sup]
Medieval Christians believed that the "pentalpha" symbolizes the five wounds of Christ. The pentagram was believed to protect against demons.[sup][23][/sup]
The pentagram figured in a heavily symbolic Arthurian romance:[sup][23][/sup] it appears on the shield of Sir Gawain in the 14th century poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. As the poet explains, the five points of the star each have five meanings: they represent the five senses, the five fingers, the five wounds of Christ,[sup][24][/sup] the five joys that Mary had of Jesus (the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and the Assumption), and the five virtues of knighthood which Gawain hopes to embody: noble generosity, fellowship, purity, courtesy, and compassion.
Most Christians came to associate it with Satanism and subsequently rejected the symbol sometime in the twentieth century

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
These things are not from God. We do not need protection by using pentagrams. God is our protection and as for celebrating Halloween. Why would any Christian want to do that. Where I come from, the Churches create light parties so that all the youth can have some good clean fun without going door to door asking strangers for candy. Again, this is my own opinion and something that the Churches do in my area to counter-act what is now becoming an annual world following...

Bless you.

BTW: do you go to a Church???

I wondering do the teen still dress up?

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
The Pentagram As A Christian Symbol

Up until medieval times, the five points of the pentagram represented the five wounds of Christ on the Cross. It was a symbol of Christ the Saviour. This is in stark contrast to today where the pentagram is criticized by modern Fundamentalist Christians, as being a symbol of evil.
The church eventually chose the cross as a more significant symbol for Christianity, and the use of the pentagram as a Christian symbol gradually ceased.

Christianity

The pentagram is used as a Christian symbol for the five senses,[sup][22][/sup] Medieval Christians believed that the "pentalpha" symbolizes the five wounds of Christ. The pentagram was believed to protect against demons.[sup][23][/sup]
The pentagram figured in a heavily symbolic Arthurian romance:[sup][23][/sup] it appears on the shield of Sir Gawain in the 14th century poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. As the poet explains, the five points of the star each have five meanings: they represent the five senses, the five fingers, the five wounds of Christ,[sup][24][/sup] the five joys that Mary had of Jesus (the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and the Assumption), and the five virtues of knighthood which Gawain hopes to embody: noble generosity, fellowship, purity, courtesy, and compassion.

I know the subject was dead but I believe it not what we think of today.

I think I have answered my own question. I think depends how you point it. If up it good sign. When pointed down, its a bad sign.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
The Pentagram is nothing to do with Devil worship historica,lly. I think the misconception comes mainly from Hollywood and maybe even from people like Levay. As far as I'm concerned its just another sign and if it gave protection against the devil then it is just sueprstitious and the devil likes people to be superstitiouse.

I've had a look at this thread and your others and I feel I should just give you a warning. Don't get too interested in demons or the devil or they might get interested in you. Even an academic interest in the supernatural and the occult can result in these things getting a hold of you. I know this from experience because when I was younger I looked into it too much thinking that as long as I didn't take part it would be OK but it wasn't and that is where the bad dreams came from and only now and with God's help am I starting to tackle them. So beware of getting too interested in this kind of thing/

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
The reason why I want to get the pentagram as a necklace to remind of the Jesus wounds and he bleed for my soul.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
That's very admirable. If that is your reason then God knows and udnerstands but I was only warning about interest in the supernatural and the occult. It is a slippery slope and I nearly went down it myself s a teenager when I was interested in astrology and tarot and then in my early 20s when I researched black magic (purely academic)., so I know that these things leave scars.

Just be safe brother.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
OK, I do like the supernatuaral stuff but I do leave in my myth area because not real and I know it.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
i make the sign of cross. I do it in church, at home or anywhere. It is a prayer in itself and is a reminder of the promises that were made on my belf at baptism, which I later made again at Confirmation.

In my dreaming encounters with various creatures I have used it and most of the time it has worked Expecially when the trinitarian forumal is said in latin (not speaking in tongues I know Latin)/ I don't use it superstitiously but as a prayer.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Making the sign of the cross is meaningless, but the power of the cross, and the divine exchange that occurred on it----our lives exchanged from a destination of death to one of life is what it is all about. It is all about Jesus.