"Pentecostal" good and bad.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(setfree;35044)
(thesuperjag;35074)
Paul thanked God that He spake in more foreign tongues than all of us.Like Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Greek, Latin etc.This has nothing to do with unknown tongue as they don't exist at all period.Another thing, I rather speak five English words, rather thousands of words of foreign languages that I don't understand at all.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
What is the difference in adding foreign and unknown? They are both foreign(unknown) to the speaker.The foreign language (Spanish, Hebrew, Greek, French etc) are only 'unknown' to people who does not understand what they are saying, therefore it only suit themselves, not the Body, therfore it needs an interpreter.The foreign language (Spanish, Hebrew, Greek, French etc) are only 'known' to people who understands it, therefore it suits the Body, not themselves, therefore it needs no interpreter.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

tmlee

Jan 28, 2008
Ok well speaking in tongues is not the only controversial issue in the church today. How bout prophecy and Healing.....Is this not for today either. Do miracles still happen to people today???? You bet, as long as they will recieve it. To much doubt revolves around what God will do for us it is no doubt that we dont see the miracles working powers like they did during the days of the early church. I know we hold prayer and healing meetings. Do other churches do this......or do you believe that God doesnt heal people anymore. We lay hands on the sick just as the Bible says to do, and many recover...if they can accept their healing. I havent been in the pentecostal church all my life so i know how it goes. I dont see other churches lay hands on people to pray. Are we all just nuts because we seek the gifts and authority that God gave us??? Go ahead and bash me for being a Christian who seeks the promises and gifts of God...you wont hear me talking trash about your denomination no matter what i think about it. I will defend my beliefs which God has proven true to me.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tmlee;35105)
Ok well speaking in tongues is not the only controversial issue in the church today. How bout prophecy and Healing.....Is this not for today either. Do miracles still happen to people today???? You bet, as long as they will recieve it. To much doubt revolves around what God will do for us it is no doubt that we dont see the miracles working powers like they did during the days of the early church. I know we hold prayer and healing meetings. Do other churches do this......or do you believe that God doesnt heal people anymore. We lay hands on the sick just as the Bible says to do, and many recover...if they can accept their healing. I havent been in the pentecostal church all my life so i know how it goes. I dont see other churches lay hands on people to pray. Are we all just nuts because we seek the gifts and authority that God gave us??? Go ahead and bash me for being a Christian who seeks the promises and gifts of God...you wont hear me talking trash about your denomination no matter what i think about it. I will defend my beliefs which God has proven true to me.
The best healing I ever had is having God teach Truth to me, rather than men teaching me what they think on what God's says.Not everybody can speak in foreign languages and God knows this Truth. As long I don't believe in a muterring blah blah blah tongue, I am 100% good to go.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(tmlee;35105)
I believe all spiritual power, gifts and fruit in the Bible.Some do have real prophecy but many prophecies prophysed by some evangelists and pastors are not true and never come to reality.Some do have real healing after laying hands and pray but some healing crusade and meeting are organized by man and man makes healing, not a real healing from God, and there are no real healing. The apostles never organized healing crusade or meeting. They healed the sick whenever the saw them or met them on their journey. Many people may bring many sick people to them but not organzed by Apostles.All Christians should pray for the sick whenever they see the need. It is not necessary to organize a big rally or special meeting just for healing. If evangelist wants to do such mass healing, he should go to hospital.

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
I strongly belive in healing as well as toungs I personally have witnessed healing and recived it for once I was quadrapleguic and now I am no longer all due to Gods' grace. and one mans obediance My neurologuist was very pointed when I broke my neck c5-c6 complete there is no hope to expect ever to walk again. 6months later while I was still in the hospital a man came into my room anointed my head and neck with oil and prayed in toungs then ended "in Jesus name be made whole" then turned and left the room. Shortly after a nurse came in and about had a coranairy as she watched me move my hand for the first time in 6months. So do I belive in speaking in toungs? yes very much as it is throughout the new testiment and for all. Romans 8-26 proclaims 'Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." I belive this is reguarding a hevenly language. As for healings and miracles yes TMLEE they still happen even today as I STAND here in proof. May God bless you all as he has me.

tmlee

Jan 28, 2008
(dgc;35122)
I strongly belive in healing as well as toungs I personally have witnessed healing and recived it for once I was quadrapleguic and now I am no longer all due to Gods' grace. and one mans obediance My neurologuist was very pointed when I broke my neck c5-c6 complete there is no hope to expect ever to walk again. 6months later while I was still in the hospital a man came into my room anointed my head and neck with oil and prayed in toungs then ended "in Jesus name be made whole" then turned and left the room. Shortly after a nurse came in and about had a coranairy as she watched me move my hand for the first time in 6months. So do I belive in speaking in toungs? yes very much as it is throughout the new testiment and for all. Romans 8-26 proclaims 'Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." I belive this is reguarding a hevenly language. As for healings and miracles yes TMLEE they still happen even today as I STAND here in proof. May God bless you all as he has me.
Awesome testimony DGC. I have talked about faith in other posts, and I am a firm believer that God will heal anyone if they dont have doubt in their hearts. If you believe right then, that you are healed....then you are. You recieve healing when your faith pleases the Lord. DGC you obviously have a rock solid faith. May God continue to Bless you and everyone else.

tmlee

Jan 28, 2008
(Shan Missions;35118)
If evangelist wants to do such mass healing, he should go to hospital.
You should read about a British man named Smith Wigglesworth. God used him to do miraculous things. He shut his home off from the world....no tv, newspaper, nothing. Never went anywhere without his Bible and there are thousands of accounts of miracles involving him. He was truly a man of God. He went to hospitals to heal the sick....and many in the hospitals came to him for healing.

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
Wow, this is a fast-moving thread.Way back someone said that unknown tongues are from evil spirits - what purpose would this serve? All speaking in tongues and interpreted messages that I have heard have been very much in line with the bible and very edifying and encouraging for those they were intended for. Even where they were prophetic they were often proved true within a short time.If this is the case, that they are from evil spirits, why does Paul not warn against it? And if Paul is only talking of other foreign languages why would he bother to make such a big number in an epistle over such a mundane point? Whenever the members of the Corinthian church met they would hardly be likely to talk in foreign languages instead of their normal speech.Those here that believe that only other human foreign languages are in question: do you believe these are other languages that people have learnt in the normal way or that God has instantaneously granted them as a spiritual gift?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
That tongue (language) depicted in the Bible (Acts 2) is an angelic heavenly language. It's speaking through the Spirit to God. And with the Spirit's aid, you're also able to speak in other earthly tongues (such as the Pentecost). Nothing is impossible for God to do. Every supernatural act you do is through Spirit, and God grants you the ability through His gifts. Whether it's prophecy, healing, wisdom or inspiration, it's through the Holy Ghost.You've already listed all the verses and scripture on this forum. It just needs to be put together, and I just had a revelation.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Ronnie seeks His face;34540)
Please read the facts here about too many people speaking in tounges 1 Corinthians 14:4-5. And the pentecost are probably well meaning people as most religious folk are. Here is the rub though. They, along with many other "churches", have erred and begun to follow un-clean seduceing spirits. Pure doctrine is only attainable from The Holy Ghost, men haved erred even unto their own destruction. To truly be a member of the church does not mean joining a church, it means calling out humbly to God, and following Jesus Christ every day of your life while denying your self lots of pleasure, it means lots of sorrows and joys, labouring in love and restraint while in prayer for yourself and your loved ones always and never haveing a thought EVER that does not involve God and Jesus Christ. It means constantly searching yourself for the kingdom of God that is in us. This and more glorious works unto Holiness are our tasks. The ones who do the will of God no matter where they are make up the Church. And these will be brought together from all the corners of the earth.
The facts in 1 Corinthians 14: 4--5, are, [1] v 4, "We will edify ourself", God is no respector of people, he wont want one to be edified and not the other. which brings me to point two.[2] v5, Paul inspirered by The Holy spirit,[ And the Holy Spirit should know] said, "I would that you ALL [How many] ALL spoke with tongues". The Holy Ghost agree's with Jesus, Mark 16: 17, "The believer SHALL speak with new tongues". the trouble with some people is, They don't believe what God has said, so they put their own interpretations on th scriptures.They think they know more then God knows.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
[Jag I noticed that you avoided answering Romans 8:26-27 Why?QUOTE=thesuperjag;35000]I Corinthians 14:27 - If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.That is why speaking in a foreign language is useless if there is no one understanding on what you/he/me/etc is saying. That's why we need an interpreter to understand to edify the church. (Body of believers)Besides God want us to understand Him and His words, not to understand. God is no author of confusions.I Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.[/JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.[/QUOTE]

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I agree with you also Allen!I think that the problem with this thread is that there is an attack on pentecostal churches.I'm penecostal, but our church does not teach this teaching that was previously argued.The problem we have in the body of Christ today is that we segregate ourselves too much!Think about it the Lutherns separated themselves from the Catholic Church because they thought that they were right! Then came all of the other denominations that followed in the same suit.We segregate instead of doing what we are doing right now, working out our differance!We are the Body of Christ let's stop dividing ourselves and start learning from each other in love!I'm probably just as guilty as anyone else for being stubborn about what I believe, but I'm still here even though I don't agree with many on this forum!I'm still here because I love you guys, and you all challenge me in what I really believe, and that helps me grow,and pursue the truth!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jodycour;36750)
Jag I noticed that you avoided answering Romans 8:26-27 Why?(thesuperjag;35000)
I Corinthians 14:27 - If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.That is why speaking in a foreign language is useless if there is no one understanding on what you/he/me/etc is saying. That's why we need an interpreter to understand to edify the church. (Body of believers)Besides God want us to understand Him and His words, not to understand. God is no author of confusions.I Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Did I not mention there is no such thing as an unknown tongue, but rather foreign languages.God wants us to understand Him, enough said.If I am able to speak Spanish, I will also teach the Word of God in Spanish as well, but I can't.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I agree with Alanforchrist, Wakka,Thunder1 and Jodycour on this one! It is a language but one that we do not understand.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(thesuperjag;36825)
Did I not mention there is no such thing as an unknown tongue, but rather foreign languages.God wants us to understand Him, enough said.If I am able to speak Spanish, I will also teach the Word of God in Spanish as well, but I can't.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpVQh28GEMEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXoh2H2uyD0Jag, if there are no tongues, then there would be no need of the gift of interpretation of tongues. If you deny the reality that there are tongues, you might as well as deny the Holy Spirit.Here is a video of a guy interpreting tongues (God speaking out through the guy who is preaching in tongues): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x_NmYZ1OCY