People Forget Their Bibles But Not Their Cellphones!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mmfaith

Jan 21, 2010
It's a sad but true statement that our Pastor used in one of his recent sermons. Most of us would panic if we left the house without our cellphone but are often content leaving without our Bibles. I am definitely guilty as well but am trying nowadays to also let my cellphone speak God's Word to my specific needs.

I thought this was a pretty cool way to do so and worth sharing:

I've just started using a texting service <<removed.>> that allows you to pick the version you want (NKJV, NIV...) and a topic of your choice (healing, marriage...) or specific book of the Bible. You can also select a different language (Spanigh or French).

I have been participating in a 40 day fast at our church and I was able to select the topic 'Fasting' and have been receiving daily scriptures about fasting each morning that has been a blessing and a help.

I just wanted to share because I've never seen anything like this and believe that others could be blessed as well by receiving specific scriptures each morning based on their specific needs.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus, never leave home without Him, in fact I try to make it an important part of my morning to invite Him along, the bible, I dont carry around, i have got Jesus.

In His LOve

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People Forget Their Bibles But Not Their Cellphones!

Actually, that's not true. I forget my cellphone all the time.

:) Miss Hephurn

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
you need your bible at church if you think your preacher is lieing when he reads from the bible if not just go and worship and if you forget your bible well the words in your heart but if you forget your cellphone how will you order lunch? :rolleyes:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you need your bible at church if you think your preacher is lieing when he reads from the bible if not just go and worship and if you forget your bible well the words in your heart but if you forget your cellphone how will you order lunch? :rolleyes:

Those darn lying preachers - oh, that's why they have those projectors with the verses.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Jesus, never leave home without Him, in fact I try to make it an important part of my morning to invite Him along, the bible, I dont carry around, i have got Jesus.

In His LOve

I couldnt' agree more!

Didn't God promise that his laws will be written on our hearts? Didn't God write his words in our hearts? Grag your cell and don't worry if you forget your Bible,, because God is with you, his words are written in our hearts and in our minds! The Holy Spirit reminds us of everything Jesus said!

But, this isn't to say we shouldn't read the Bible, and the sentiment of the OP, is a good one too.

This reminds me of some peoples Myspace profiles in the section "who I'd like to meet" alot of Christians put Jesus in that list of people they'd like to meet. Well, if you're saved you have met Jesus,,,

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
I think it is tremendously sad when I go to church and see other people my age who text on their phones during church when they should be participating in worship and fellowship with each other. For me as well as many others, church is a time to set aside all the small unimportant and trivial things that we often allow to consume us in our daily lives and to share our great passion with the Lord with other brothers and sisters in Christ.

But when I see people who could care less about church and can't wait to just get out of there it just tears me up inside that they are possibly missing out on the greatest thing in this life. :(