Prayer for dealing with my poor situation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever been to church and felt like the preacher’s sermon was tailored specifically for you? Sometimes when we go to church and hear the Word of God preached, we can relate to some of it or a lot of it (or sometimes very little of it). But there are those occasions where we feel that the entire sermon was intended specifically for our scenario.

I had such an experience during my previous visit to church. The sermon was about being patient, and the need for patience is particularly relevant for my circumstances.

What’s going on in my life? To put it simply, I’m in a limbo-like situation. In other words, I’m not seeing any changes. It’s distressing because I want those changes to happen; I want my life to get better.

Unfortunately I can’t share any further details on the abject state of my life (which God has promised to make better). Elaborating on the specifics would make me feel embarrassed and ashamed.

I’ve asked God many times to tell me when things will turn around and get better. I desperately want my life to improve. But he hasn’t given me any specific dates or hints of upcoming dates where my life gets better. This has left me distressed.

I don’t know how to deal with my predicament. My patience has been pushed to the limit. Please pray and ask God to give me the wisdom to deal with my problem here.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though times can be rough and difficult, it's understandable that you would feel hopeless and doubtful to some degree. While prayer is a great help, even being honest with God about your situation, be encouraged. Look to the solution, the Lord Jesus and perhaps if you allow him: he can fill that void.

Reminded of some scripture that may help, or may not. What you make of it is up to you, as it is Paul writing to the people in Rome - probably while he was jailed.

Present Suffering and Future Glory​

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that[h] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so despondent that I don’t even want to live anymore. Can God at least tell me when my life will be free? He never tells me, and this leaves me not wanting to live.

Every night I go to bed thinking God is going to make my life free so that I can actually have a life and get started on life. I have so many great ambitions, but I can’t accomplish anything unless God acts; and God won’t tell me when he will act to give me my freedom from these problems. Yet every night I believe the following morning everything will get better, only to find out nothing changed. And no word from God. Why God? Why won’t you speak to me about when I will be free?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again,

Idk how to help you in your situation.

If you are feeling suicidal though, there is a lifeline number you can call.

All the best,
Matthew

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray for your situation as it is something I go through often. He is Spirit so, He speaks to our hearts and minds. Sometimes God does not change things we pray for. Great example is Paul with the thorn in his flesh, to keep him humble.
He is there, He IS listening.
Just sit before Him and say nothing for awhile. See if anything comes to mind about your issue, and it is in line with scripture...then you have your answer.
I wish you well!

Reactions: amadeus

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a lot of lack of understanding on my part regarding my terrible situation, but God has now communicated to me and made things clear.

Why does it seem like no progress has been made? The answer is God is actively working on securing my freedom. However, much of the dialogue has been hidden from me, and for good reason: God believes it would hurt my feelings. The person who is holding me hostage is perhaps the most evil person in the universe, and I’m not exaggerating. My captor is pathologically stubborn, and when you hear him speak, he sounds like a complete monster.

The truth is that God is working to secure my freedom every single day. He works around the clock to make things right. But since I’m not allowed to hear a lot of the dialogues for the reason I described, my mind misinterpreted it as slowness on God’s part. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Why have I not been told the exact date of my freedom, since God can see the future? Perhaps it’s because my freedom date is long time from now—possible a year. God thinks the answer might hurt my feelings. Well, at least I think that is the reason.

I’ll have to keep being patient. God said he will compensate me for the tragedy.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever been to church and felt like the preacher’s sermon was tailored specifically for you? Sometimes when we go to church and hear the Word of God preached, we can relate to some of it or a lot of it (or sometimes very little of it). But there are those occasions where we feel that the entire sermon was intended specifically for our scenario.

I had such an experience during my previous visit to church. The sermon was about being patient, and the need for patience is particularly relevant for my circumstances.

What’s going on in my life? To put it simply, I’m in a limbo-like situation. In other words, I’m not seeing any changes. It’s distressing because I want those changes to happen; I want my life to get better.

Unfortunately I can’t share any further details on the abject state of my life (which God has promised to make better). Elaborating on the specifics would make me feel embarrassed and ashamed.

I’ve asked God many times to tell me when things will turn around and get better. I desperately want my life to improve. But he hasn’t given me any specific dates or hints of upcoming dates where my life gets better. This has left me distressed.

I don’t know how to deal with my predicament. My patience has been pushed to the limit. Please pray and ask God to give me the wisdom to deal with my problem here.
Praying for your situation to improve and that God you the patience needed to endure until His time for you is now.