Perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would have to disagree, believe it or not. I do not, ever, expect anyone to complete the path of perfectionism.

A Christian is one who no longer is limited to what a man can do. Christ is our perfection. The only thing that gets in the way of a perfect walk is US. So then the power of the cross of Christ takes care of that...so that it is no longer a weak "I" that lives and walks...but Christ who lives and walks in His own perfection through us.

So then those who are not walking in the resurrection power of Christ need to go to God and His gift of the cross of Christ...

What seems a defeat and a loss...is to our gain.

Reactions: Waiting on him

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A Christian is one who no longer is limited to what a man can do. Christ is our perfection. The only thing that gets in the way of a perfect walk is US. So then the power of the cross of Christ takes care of that...so that it is no longer a weak "I" that lives and walks...but Christ who lives and walks in His own perfection through us.

So then those who are not walking in the resurrection power of Christ need to go to God and His gift of the cross of Christ...

a flowery way to avoid saying "confession leads to salvation" that imo is done on purpose to hide wisdom from the wise. So agreeing with you more or less, although I don't know what you mean by "Christian" there of course, lots of ppl testify of themselves that they are that, right, but they never confess anything, ever, "confession" even usually xlates as "profession" to them imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

my biggest objection here is to the ambiguous language I guess, which allows others to heartily agree with you and then go sing "When we all get to heaven" immediately afterward

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
a flowery way to avoid saying "confession leads to salvation" that imo is done on purpose to hide wisdom from the wise. So agreeing with you more or less, although I don't know what you mean by "Christian" there of course, lots of ppl testify of themselves that they are that, right, but they never confess anything, ever, "confession" even usually xlates as "profession" to them imo

I meant "Christian" in an historical sense....not a modern sense. What the bible testifies about.

Humility dictates that we should never claim anything for ourselves. We should rather err on the side of "non-declaration." But the perfection of Christ is a gift to us who go to God by faith. Our confession then is to God.....not people.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
my biggest objection here is to the ambiguous language I guess, which allows others to heartily agree with you and then go sing "When we all get to heaven" immediately afterward

Yes! So often some people will agree with me because they have misunderstood what I'm saying. It comes from indoctrination. :)

But the truth is there....even if we just nod our approval and ignore the content.

As the old adage says... "Well received, dismissed by all."

If I say...our perfection is Christ!!!! Many will agree but not understand the victory that is possible by faith.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! So often people will agree with me because they have misunderstood what I'm saying. It comes from indoctrination. :)

But the truth is there....even if we just nod our approval and ignore the content.

As the old adage says... "Well received, dismissed by all."
My flesh will never be perfected,He knows this. It’s why it doesn’t inherit

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
why do that when you can just go vote for another king who will make sure that you are made to feel as if you were among "the winners" though?
We should rather err on the side of "non-declaration." But the perfection of Christ is a gift to us who go to God by faith.
"us," not "those?" lol, ok, ty
Our confession then is to God.....not people.
confess your sins, one to another
Bible Search: confess your sins to God

ty, and have a nice day

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And yet we have this treasure in earthen vessels. We are essentially just containers....more often than not, of a sum of all the things we have been inspired by, both good and bad. If we would allow His purifying operation to overcome ALL our hearts and minds....then there would be no more impurities in the way of a direct reflection of HIS love. In the end the message is Christ...not us. When we understand that...we can get on with a full "getting out of the way" afforded to us by the power of His cross.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I meant "Christian" in an historical sense....not a modern sense. What the bible testifies about.
ha well they were first called Christians in "Antioch" for a reason I guess, and i'm not prepped to get into that whole story here, no one would believe it anyway I guess. Christ did not come to found a religion at least, although it was inevitable I guess

Reactions: Helen and Episkopos

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
another bad interp wadr,
I came that you might have life, and more abundantly
it is given for a man to live once
be perfect as I am perfect

from a Guy who broke like every single ordinance, no less

so, read Dialectically that means...something different, ok, it is a way to hide wisdom from the wise
the kingdom of heaven is within you

although surely flesh-thinking will not inherit

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet we have this treasure in earthen vessels. We are essentially just containers....more often than not, of a sum of all the things we have been inspired by, both good and bad. If we would allow His purifying operation to overcome ALL our hearts and minds....then there would be no more impurities in the way of a direct reflection of HIS love. In the end the message is Christ...not us. When we understand that...we can get on with a full "getting out of the way" afforded to us by the power of His cross.
My impression of the power of his Cross is his understanding that the flesh profits nothing.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My impression of the power of his Cross is his understanding that the flesh profits nothing.

Of itself....no. But a vessel that is filled with Christ, is as Christ in the world.

As He is, so are we in this world. Remember that Jesus was fully human just as we are.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
another bad interp wadr,
I came that you might have life, and more abundantly
it is given for a man to live once
be perfect as I am perfect

from a Guy who broke like every single ordinance, no less

so, read Dialectically that means...something different, ok, it is a way to hide wisdom from the wise
the kingdom of heaven is within you

although surely flesh-thinking will not inherit
Interesting, he didn’t observe the sabbath. In reading the gospels He did orchestrate his on death. But he wasn’t and isn’t subject to mans’ laws

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves

Agree. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. [11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

All flesh falls in the listed above. So how then is the: such “were” some of you ...only one way.

Which leads to a question. “if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves”

1 John 1:8
[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1) we deceive ourselves? o_O The devil doesn’t do it?

1 John 1:10
[10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If we say we have not sinned we make him a liar.

Galatians 6:3
[3] For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing(flesh), he deceiveth himself.

Romans 7:9-11
[9] For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. [10] And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11] For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me .

Reactions: bbyrd009