Perfectionism would make Jesus a sinner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfectionism is the definition ignorant people make of coming short of the glory of God, that any tempting inglorious or unrighteous thought appearing in the mind is sinning.

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

This false definition of sinning on earth contradicts Scripture, which says Jesus was likewise tempted with unrighteous thoughts, and yet without sinning.

If having a tempting thought is sinning, then Jesus would have been the chiefest of sinners, since He had every tempting thought thrown at Him, that every man was and is ever tempted with on earth.

Having a tempting thought is temptation only, and proof that we are not yet perfected in mind and body, as Jesus is in His bodily resurrection.

Saying we have no sin is perfectionism, that says we have no more tempting thoughts at all, as though the resurrected is past, and our renewed minds are now made perfect.

Taking tempting thoughts to heart to lust for them is sinning.

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Even sinners don't receive every passing thought to lust for and do them. The only difference is saints let them all pass by, without taking any of them to heart. That is doing righteousness at all times with a pure heart, which is not perfectionism.

As Christians, we shouldn't allow the lies of the devil to wrongly guilt-trip us into believing we are sinners like all sinners, just because we still have tempting thoughts to try us.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

Only in the resurrection will the saints have the perfected mind and immortal body of Jesus on the throne of heaven, where the spirits of just men will be made perfect.

Until then, like the man Jesus, we will be tempted from time to time with inglorious unrighteous thoughts, but with His fellowship in the Light, we have power to resist the devil and reject them every time.

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The renewed Christian mind is not a perfected mind.

Our clean mind of Christ, like that of the man Jesus, must be renewed and kept clean daily. This is the ongoing spiritual warfare we have to resist the devil, by casting down and putting away any unrighteous thought that brings no glory to God, and must be brought into subjection to Christ.

Not until the resurrection of the body, will the renewed mind be perfected as Christ on the throne, without any possibility of being tempted anymore with any unwanted thought ever again.

That is the perfectionism and great hope of the resurrection, And it is not commanded nor possible for any to mortal unperfected man, neither to Adam, nor to Jesus.

The first great commandment is purity and singleness of heart, soul, and mind, not perfection of the mind, Scripture speaks of having a perfect heart with God, but not a perfect mind. We have a renewed and willing mind, ever quick in the spirit to resist and reject any and all unclean thoughts from the spirit of this world.

Saying I'm saved, but still a sinner like all men, is the lie corrupting the minds of good Christians, that comes from the ignorant teaching, that having a tempting thought is sinning and coming short of the glory of God.

Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Some do so ignorantly, and others do so vehemently in order to justify any and all sinning of the devil, as just more evidence of being 'imperfect'.

The righteous are saved, not perfect.

When we say we are not perfect, we do not confess we do not have a perfect heart toward God, but rather than our minds are not yet perfected, and so we still have sinful thoughts appearing from the devil at times, that we must reject and cast down out of hand, out of mind, out of sight.

And when more Christians reject the ignorance of perfectionism, then more Christians will know they are the saved righteous, and stop calling themselves sinners like the world.

We don't need to walk around saying we're righteous nor even saved, but we ought certainly be showing it, by walking as He righteously walked on earth.

But we certainly don't have to bow down to the perfectionist nay-sayers and call ourselves sinners like everyone else, especially when we're not doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our clean mind of Christ, like that of the man Jesus, must be renewed and kept clean daily

I like this metaphor. Whenever I clean my place, I can be reminded that we must keep and renew our minds.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this metaphor. Whenever I clean my place, I can be reminded that we must keep and renew our minds.
A renewed mind must stay renewed, even as a saved soul must stay saved.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

It's not Once Renewed Always Renewed, but once renewed, continue renewing.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

It really is so simple to understand the truth of the gospel and power of Jesus Christ, when we know believe Scripture as plainly written, that our part is spiritual first, to cleanse and renew continually all filthy thoughts, to keep our hearts pure from lust for the world.

And it becomes ever more easy to do so, when once begin to fight that good spiritual warfare by grace with the Spirit of the law of Christ.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona