Performed without hands....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:11 (NASB)
and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision performed without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘a circumcision performed without hands’

What is this circumcision that is performed without hands?

Scripture calls it ‘the removal of the body of flesh by the circumcision of Christ’

So what then is actually being described in the above verse?....

What is being described is the transition between walking in the flesh as man, in own will... Against walking in newness of life by faith in Christ... This cutting away of the body of flesh is another way of saying, what is the result of reckoning oneself dead to sin and alive unto God by faith, which is the ‘without hands’, meaning, without self being the doer of it.. Which is another way of saying ‘through faith in the working of God’...

For all things in scripture point and direct one to faith in the actual, in real time working of God in the life... For our salvation in Christ is actually, in real time walking in newness of life... Which is a result of the God of all creation actually having His Divine nature brought to life in one...

So then the question would be; how can one form the God of all creation’s Divine nature in oneself?

The answer is one can’t, it has to be done by God Himself in the life in real time or it will not get done.... This is why all scripture points to the workings of God in the life by faith, which is the ‘being performed without hands’..

For Faith in the working of God in real time in the life is the only thing that will free one from own will, which is the denying of self which is the one thing necessary if one would be a disciple of Christ....

For all is of the flesh if it is not God Himself forming Himself in one...

Be blessed all in the circumcision, that is, in the cutting away of own will without hands, that is, by the faith of the heart turned towards God...

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For me, the inner circumcision took 20 years and was a painful, bloody mess of an experience.
It is walking out the apostolic teaching of 2,000 years ago.
It is death to self.
It is denying self, taking up my cross daily and following Jesus.
It is freedom from carnal bondage that nothing else can give.
It is in opposition to much modern theology.
It is sanctification of my soul.
It is mentioned in both covenants.
It is the N.T. fulfillment of the O.T. sacrifice done by the ancient Levite priest, where there was a once for all sacrifice made by Jesus Messiah.
It is God's work in a disciple's heart.
It is no longer I that live, but Messiah that lives in me, and the life I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who gave Himself for me.

Reactions: Not me

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:11 (NASB)
and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision performed without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘a circumcision performed without hands’

What is this circumcision that is performed without hands?

Scripture calls it ‘the removal of the body of flesh by the circumcision of Christ’

So what then is actually being described in the above verse?....

What is being described is the transition between walking in the flesh as man, in own will... Against walking in newness of life by faith in Christ... This cutting away of the body of flesh is another way of saying, what is the result of reckoning oneself dead to sin and alive unto God by faith, which is the ‘without hands’, meaning, without self being the doer of it.. Which is another way of saying ‘through faith in the working of God’...

For all things in scripture point and direct one to faith in the actual, in real time working of God in the life... For our salvation in Christ is actually, in real time walking in newness of life... Which is a result of the God of all creation actually having His Divine nature brought to life in one...

So then the question would be; how can one form the God of all creation’s Divine nature in oneself?

The answer is one can’t, it has to be done by God Himself in the life in real time or it will not get done.... This is why all scripture points to the workings of God in the life by faith, which is the ‘being performed without hands’..

For Faith in the working of God in real time in the life is the only thing that will free one from own will, which is the denying of self which is the one thing necessary if one would be a disciple of Christ....

For all is of the flesh if it is not God Himself forming Himself in one...

Be blessed all in the circumcision, that is, in the cutting away of own will without hands, that is, by the faith of the heart turned towards God...

A fellow servant of His, Not me

The letter kills, but the Spirit brings life. Physical circumcision is by the letter, whereas Jesus circumcises our heart. It is the same thing as our nature being born again of the Spirit where the eternal laws of God to LOVE Him and our neighbor are written.

It is the same thing as the letter of the law regarding keeping one day sacred. The Spirit's Sabbath is the Lord of the Sabbath kept every moment of everyday as we REST in Him.

Reactions: Not me