The Pharisees of religion: whether by law alone or by faith alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

There is a Christian teaching that is come out, where they teach they are still inwardly unclean by lust, and only outwardly changed, just like the Pharisees of old.

And so in nature of their conversion, they are the same: The same old inward corruption of heart with only outward change of life: They are the Pharisees of religion.

The Pharisees of the law seek justification by the law alone, and the Pharisees of faith seek justification by faith alone, while they both have the common lust and sin of the world within.

And any differences of outward works, whether by law or faith, are distinctions without a difference to God's justification of man: Without the inward conversion and change of a pure heart first, the outward conversion is just more filthy rags of man's religion to Him.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Without the circumcision of God ministered by the Spirit to our old corrupt hearts of lust, so as to cut off from within the old man of lust and sin, then any religious conversion of outward change alone, is only Pharisee to the Father.

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

No man having his old inward lust and sin of an uncircumcised heart, is on his way to the Father through His Son Jesus Christ. Thee is no difference to God how little or much a Pharisee of religion we may be by conversion of outward deeds alone. That includes whether by law of Jews or faith of Christians.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

There is a Christian teaching that is come out, where they teach they are still inwardly unclean by lust, and only outwardly changed, just like the Pharisees of old.

And so in nature of their conversion, they are the same: The same old inward corruption of heart with only outward change of life: They are the Pharisees of religion.

The Pharisees of the law seek justification by the law alone, and the Pharisees of faith seek justification by faith alone, while they both have the common lust and sin of the world within.

And any differences of outward works, whether by law or faith, are distinctions without a difference to God's justification of man: Without the inward conversion and change of a pure heart first, the outward conversion is just more filthy rags of man's religion to Him.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Without the circumcision of God ministered by the Spirit to our old corrupt hearts of lust, so as to cut off from within the old man of lust and sin, then any religious conversion of outward change alone, is only Pharisee to the Father.

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

No man having his old inward lust and sin of an uncircumcised heart, is on his way to the Father through His Son Jesus Christ. Thee is no difference to God how little or much a Pharisee of religion we may be by conversion of outward deeds alone. That includes whether by law of Jews or faith of Christians.
Where is all your attention Ghada? To what do you point men to? With all your words, what are they learning or shall I put it like this, what are you teaching them?