Periods of Silence for Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

manichunter

Jun 2, 2008
Has the Body of Christ every experienced a period of silence of any sort? I myself do not know for sure, but I suspect that it is possible that certain segments or groups of Christianity can experience silence out of judgment for sin. What are your thoughts on the matter? From a quick and casual scan of information, books, and web information there are gaps in our history when there were periods of time when there was a lack inspiration and revelation that we know of. This might be due to a lack of written documentation existing and recorded as creditable. The information could have been controlled and destroyed. I will investigate. Would God close His mouth and shut His ears off from His people who abide and persist in sin, and moreover corrupt His people and Scripture? I have no tangible proof, just speculation at this time. It could have happened. I will post after my research is complete.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Interesting topic I do believe he does this to indivituals if they stray to far but never thought about it in a global sense.I know that during the tribulation the Whole world except the elect will be following Antichrist not hearing Gods words the two wittness's will be preaching.I know God was not heard by the gentiles before Christ I will look forward to what you find out in your research.

Rank Stranger

Jun 1, 2008
I believe the answer to this formidible question can be found in Revelation, in the letters to the seven churches. I believe that, while there has always been apostacy in some Christian churches (many are called), there has also been a small core of true Christians, also located in various places, that have maintained scriptural doctrine (few are chosen). I also believe maintaining this purity of faith is the primary mission of the Holy Spirit of God, both for protection and maintenance.It is a historically provable fact that certain grossly-apostate "churches", and one in particular, have made it their mission to stamp out all shards of true Christianity. That particular corrupt church, led by amoral men and guided by the devil, has also claimed to be the "one true church." By making that claim it has been possible for them to both fool huge masses of people who truly want to find and follow God, while at the same time waging vicious war on the innocent true Christians and hiding such abomination behind a cloke of self-proclaimed righteousness in the name of maintaining "purity" of the faith.I could go on for hours on this particular subject, but only if the interest is present on this site.Rank Stranger