Peripheral neuropathy and "wet" feeling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my PPIs are interfering with my B12 intake, so I'll get on that right away, maybe.

I'm curious, has anyone else experienced this? Nerve problems are not new to me but feeling like water is being poured on me is.

I was laying in bed this morning and panicked because I thought one of my cats mistook me for the litter box.

Threw up the blanket - no cat, to my hands everything was dry, but my left foot felt like it had warm water poured over it. Nope. Totally dry.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The diabetic friend I mentioned in the other thread has neuropathy. This is common with diabetics, and her doctor said the chemo makes it worse. It shows up as a loss of dexterity and fine motor skills in her hands, and a loss of feeling in her feet. The latter makes it dangerous for her to operate a motor vehicle (and after an unfortunate incident involving the wall of a house, her friends aren’t going let her drive their mom’s car again), which is why I’m driving her to her medical appointments this week.

Not that I want to scare you or anything.

Reactions: marks

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The diabetic friend I mentioned in the other thread has neuropathy. This is common with diabetics, and her doctor said the chemo makes it worse. It shows up as a loss of dexterity and fine motor skills in her hands, and a loss of feeling in her feet. The latter makes it dangerous for her to operate a motor vehicle (and after an unfortunate incident involving the wall of a house, her friends aren’t going let her drive their mom’s car again), which is why I’m driving her to her medical appointments this week.

Not that I want to scare you or anything.
Doesn't scare me! I didn't drive into anything, but I have had trouble before.

I don't have diabetes, but I have B12 deficiency anemia and that will cause it.

I thought about the weather here, lack of sun, and I think I need to take Vitamin D.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my PPIs are interfering with my B12 intake, so I'll get on that right away, maybe.

I'm curious, has anyone else experienced this? Nerve problems are not new to me but feeling like water is being poured on me is.

I was laying in bed this morning and panicked because I thought one of my cats mistook me for the litter box.

Threw up the blanket - no cat, to my hands everything was dry, but my left foot felt like it had warm water poured over it. Nope. Totally dry.
That hasn't happened to me, but I've had a lot of other things. Mine is more like battery acid, or insect bites, or just plain itching, or stabbing needles. Pins and needles and numbness. I have a permanently numb finger, I use it for my blood glucose tests.

That must have been strange!

Much love!

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That hasn't happened to me, but I've had a lot of other things. Mine is more like battery acid, or insect bites, or just plain itching, or stabbing needles. Pins and needles and numbness. I have a permanently numb finger, I use it for my blood glucose tests.

That must have been strange!

Much love!
I get the pins and needles in my hands and feet all of time, or a burning feeling. At least when I stop taking my supplements.

It was strange!

Reactions: marks and TLHKAJ

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have bilateral sciatica. I'll think I stepped in water, but when I check, my feet are dry. Or else my feet feel like they are burning, but when I feel them, they are cool. I get something like electrical shocks up and down my legs all the time.
On Saturday, I start on Lyrica. I hope I don't have any weird side-effects. Last time I had a weird side-effect, I was in a coma, but I did get to see Yeshua in the New Jerusalem. I was in agony for months. Oh, man.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have bilateral sciatica. I'll think I stepped in water, but when I check, my feet are dry. Or else my feet feel like they are burning, but when I feel them, they are cool. I get something like electrical shocks up and down my legs all the time.
On Saturday, I start on Lyrica. I hope I don't have any weird side-effects. Last time I had a weird side-effect, I was in a coma, but I did get to see Yeshua in the New Jerusalem. I was in agony for months. Oh, man.
I am not the only one who has had this then!

I looked up Lyrica and it says it is to repair nerve damage from diabetes. Is yours caused by diabetes? You don't have to answer.

But you all are making me wonder if I should get a glucose test...

It seems different things will cause it. B12 deficiency anemia was just something you died a slow death from before they came up with liver injections.

I waited 10+ years. They kept prescribing me iron and not the B12 to absorb the iron and then I would just quit taking it. I didn't know it was a thing that had go go on forever.

I'm not sure if the damage is reversible.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last time I had a weird side-effect, I was in a coma, but I did get to see Yeshua in the New Jerusalem
I am sorry that you went through that and it concerns me but the last part sounds kind of awesome

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sorry that you went through that and it concerns me but the last part sounds kind of awesome
I was standing on a street in the New Jerusalem.
I was looking into Jesus' eyes, as He was looking into mine.
He's taller than I thought He'd be, He was looking down at me.
In His eyes I could see His love for me as He was smiling at me! tc
I can't wait to go back! It was beautiful there!
Going there wasn't the problem, it was when I came back and woke up in ICU. I was paralyzed and in agony. My muscles were rotting in my body. I had a rare reaction to an anti-vertigo drug that is classified as a brain disease. So I don't like taking new medication.
But I've got to do something as being in too much pain can make me mean. And I don't want that.
I don't know if you ever talk to April, but if you ever do, could you say hi to her for me?

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truman

Aw I'm sorry that sounds agonizing...

Yes! I have April on Twitter, and I am deactivated at the moment, but I can reactivate it tomorrow and I'll send her a message for you. :)

Reactions: Truman

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Doesn't scare me! I didn't drive into anything, but I have had trouble before.

I don't have diabetes, but I have B12 deficiency anemia and that will cause it.

I thought about the weather here, lack of sun, and I think I need to take Vitamin D.
I think you need to come to the land down under and hang out with this brown duck. Maybe the medication free, illness absent, lotsa sunshine, early morning beach walk and workout plus a fresh food diet will rub off on ya......you can help me collect seaweed for fertiliser or other interesting stuff like this morning....no water, no power, sooooo, up the waterline to check the issue and fix it....then the power... sometime during the night it dropped out.....a bit of fiddling and faddling and the lights are on...yihaaaa.
You'd get an edumacation, you'd getcha body healthy and you'd get a chance to throw me under the bus....whadya say? :)