Persecution often goes along with trials or a manifestion of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone else noticed that Satan and his followers often persecute you when your down? And I think that is when they can do the most damage and they know it. And perhaps it's a sadistic behavior of theirs.

So I kinda wanted to address that so people might become more aware of that fact. That when are lives see trouble often that's when cruelty also follows. And I notice that because I am aware that it is the enemy, Satan and his followers. And I think it makes it less internal as if God and people are picking on me or something. Which is not true.

And let me post some encouraging scripture along those lines. And please feel free to discuss any experiences you have had like that, and any scripture or encouragement that helped you.

Matthew 5:11-12
11 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I also noticed when God spoke to me using the Holy Spirit and testified it was him through feelings of intense Love and Peace, that is when Satan would come tempting and persecuting me in the spirit.

And so I'm wondering what connection there is. If there is one. Suffering trials and being kicked while your down by Satan and his followers. And being blessed by God and having him show us Love and then being tempted and persecuted by Satan?

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that horrible little voice in your head that says you are no good and other lies. We must learn to jump on it asap and say. 'No! Go away.'

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found this scripture which I think is encouraging:

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Reactions: Wynona

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Revelation 12:10
Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12:10
Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.
Thanks for that. I was going to use that very scripture the other day. But couldn't figure out how to properly bring it into this other thread. It fits pretty well here.

Reactions: Pearl

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone else noticed that Satan and his followers often persecute you when your down? And I think that is when they can do the most damage and they know it. And perhaps it's a sadistic behavior of theirs.

So I kinda wanted to address that so people might become more aware of that fact. That when are lives see trouble often that's when cruelty also follows. And I notice that because I am aware that it is the enemy, Satan and his followers. And I think it makes it less internal as if God and people are picking on me or something. Which is not true.

And let me post some encouraging scripture along those lines. And please feel free to discuss any experiences you have had like that, and any scripture or encouragement that helped you.

Matthew 5:11-12
11 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I also noticed when God spoke to me using the Holy Spirit and testified it was him through feelings of intense Love and Peace, that is when Satan would come tempting and persecuting me in the spirit.

And so I'm wondering what connection there is. If there is one. Suffering trials and being kicked while your down by Satan and his followers. And being blessed by God and having him show us Love and then being tempted and persecuted by Satan?

The servant is not greater than the master?

There are verses about falling down and rising back up. Another thing, it is going to be a fight. Fighting the good fight of faith, as the scripture states. We're in a war. Not against flesh and blood, but against principalities of the air and things that are not seen and not natural.