Peter the Rock?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, you are confusing me.

You say you know that Apostolic Succession is true, yet you deny that The Catholic Church leadership is a result of Apostolic Succession.

Since you KNOW that Apostolic Succession is true, provide your evidence of it.

Thank you in advance.....Mary
Maybe he believes he is an Apostle of Christ as the Catholics believe?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that the church was built on a guy that Got rebuked, then denied Christ, then went outside a cried about it after being told such things would happen….

Then later being scolded by Paul for being a hypocrite…

This is the rock our church was built on? No way!
Dear Truthnightmare,

If The Church was not built on Peter, them whom was The Church built on. And to clarify; I don't think that Peter was the ONLY person the early church was built on. I just believe, as Scripture shows, that Peter was the leader of the Apostles AFTER the crucifixion.

Mary

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Truthnightmare,

If The Church was not built on Peter, them whom was The Church built on. And to clarify; I don't think that Peter was the ONLY person the early church was built on. I just believe, as Scripture shows, that Peter was the leader of the Apostles AFTER the crucifixion.

Mary
Paul received meat directly from Christ. the Gospel he received didn’t come from a succession of men.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog i also remember an account in Galatians where Paul had to correct Peter about 20 years after Paul’s conversion. You probably remember the incident where Pete was afraid of how the Jewish men would view him if he sat with Gentiles.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really like Paul. I believe as Jesus was the image of the invisible God, Paul was the image of the resurrected Christ.

Also I like Paul. But would not say he was the image of Christ, rather a faithful, truthful, Servant of Christ.

God Bless,
Glory to God,

Taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul received meat directly from Christ. the Gospel he received didn’t come from a succession of men.
Yup WOH, and the 12 Apostles also received "meat directly from Christ" and not from "a succession of men". Sooooo what's your point? :IDK:

Paul receiving the Gospel directly from Christ cancels out Apostolic Succession. Is that your theory? If so, your theory is debunked by Paul himself since he taught Apostolic Succession to the men who succeeded him, Timothy and Titus. To Timothy he wrote, And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thats 3 generations of Apostolic Succession; from Paul to Timothy, from Timothy to faithful men, from faithful men to 'others'.

To Titus he wrote about overseers of The Church that they are to hold fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.

Keeping it real with Scripture instead of opinion......Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we talk about this curtain some?
We can talk about the allegation that YOU brought up of what Catholics believe:

What do Catholics believe in regard to being an Apostle of Christ?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog i also remember an account in Galatians where Paul had to correct Peter about 20 years after Paul’s conversion. You probably remember the incident where Pete was afraid of how the Jewish men would view him if he sat with Gentiles.
Congratulations.....You remember a few passages from the bible. What's your point?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also I like Paul. But would not say he was the image of Christ, rather a faithful, truthful, Servant of Christ.

God Bless,
Glory to God,

Taken
Sorry if I offended.

This veil spoken of in the Gospels. Where do we get the idea that it’s a literal curtain in a musty old stone building. They were a good distance from the literal temple. How could they have seen what was going on within it.

Jesus said destroy this temple.

In my opinion upon the crucifixion the literal remained intact and it was business as usual?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup WOH, and the 12 Apostles also received "meat directly from Christ" and not from "a succession of men". Sooooo what's your point? :IDK:

Paul receiving the Gospel directly from Christ cancels out Apostolic Succession. Is that your theory? If so, your theory is debunked by Paul himself since he taught Apostolic Succession to the men who succeeded him, Timothy and Titus. To Timothy he wrote, And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thats 3 generations of Apostolic Succession; from Paul to Timothy, from Timothy to faithful men, from faithful men to 'others'.

To Titus he wrote about overseers of The Church that they are to hold fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.

The key here is they all received from Christ.

Reactions: Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The key here is they all received from Christ

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@

Tall hat and a fancy robe?
WOH.......Since you are being coy and not being direct in your communication I can only make assumptions here.

I ASSUME what you are saying is that the people who wear the 'tall hat and fancy robe' are the bishops, cardinals and the pope of The Church. I can only ASSUME that because there are some Protestant denominations that also have tall hats and fancy robes, but I ASSUME you only want to attack the Catholic Church.

So what I ASSUME you are saying in your coy, lack of direct communication way, is that ScottA may think that HE is in the chain of the successors to the Apostles just like The Church teaches that our bishops, cardinals and pope is in the chain of successors to the Apostles. Is that what you are saying?

Mary

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God Bless,
Glory to God,

Taken
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
— Ephesians 4:13

It’s the goal to strive for.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOH.......Since you are being coy and not being direct in your communication I can only make assumptions here.

I ASSUME what you are saying is that the people who wear the 'tall hat and fancy robe' are the bishops, cardinals and the pope of The Church. I can only ASSUME that because there are some Protestant denominations that also have tall hats and fancy robes, but I ASSUME you only want to attack the Catholic Church.

So what I ASSUME you are saying in your coy, lack of direct communication way, is that ScottA may think that HE is in the chain of the successors to the Apostles just like The Church teaches that our bishops, cardinals and pope is in the chain of successors to the Apostles. Is that what you are saying?

Mary
It’s only appropriate that the protesters mimic what they come from. Why hold it against them?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s only appropriate that the protesters mimic what they come from. Why hold it against them?
It's not personal. It's not about holding anything against them. It's about the Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.