Peter Was Never The Rock

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
owhere have I said that Peter builds anything. I've quoted Matthew 16:18 dozens of times in this thread. The Father revealed to Peter but He doesn't build the Church, Jesus does that.
Matthew 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.

get it?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

4. Peter’s name occurs first in all lists of apostles (Mt 10:2; Mk 3:16; Lk 6:14; Acts 1:13). Matthew even calls him the “first” (10:2). Judas Iscariot is invariably mentioned last.

5. Peter is almost without exception named first whenever he appears with anyone else. In one (only?) example to the contrary, Galatians 2:9, where he (“Cephas”) is listed after James and before John, he is clearly preeminent in the entire context (e.g., Galatians 1:18-19; Galatians 2:7-8).

6. Peter alone among the apostles receives a new name, Rock, solemnly conferred (Jn 1:42; Mt 16:18).
50 New Testament Proofs for Peter's Primacy & the Papacy

Oh what about the evidence, do we ever hear about Peter dressing up like your pope and His servants

Do we see Peter sending men off into battle to Kill the Jews that He was sent to save and telling them if they do there sins wil be forgiven when they die on the battlefield.

Do we see Peter selling salvation at a price to earn some money as you church did with its indulgences.

Do we see Peter forcing men, women and children to join the church at pain of death.

Do we see Peter preaching in Latin so no one can hear what He is saying, as your church did for centuries utill it was forced to do it masses in english

Do we see Peter burning scriptures so that no man can read them

Do we see Peter killing anyone who wants to copy scripture and text as your church did for years

No we dont, your arguements are lies, pointless and anti Christ, its all in opposition to teh one whos church you claim to serve. You serve your church, its doctrines its pope its clergy and that is where your heart is. it is all you speak of.

You say one thing the evidence says so much more against you.

Only man can take one sentnce and build a whole false religion based on it. Lies when will it ever end.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh what about the evidence, do we ever hear about Peter dressing up like your pope and His servants

Do we see Peter sending men off into battle to Kill the Jews that He was sent to save and telling them if they do there sins wil be forgiven when they die on the battlefield.

Do we see Peter selling salvation at a price to earn some money as you church did with its indulgences.

Do we see Peter forcing men, women and children to join the church at pain of death.

Do we see Peter preaching in Latin so no one can hear what He is saying, as your church did for centuries utill it was forced to do it masses in english

Do we see Peter burning scriptures so that no man can read them

Do we see Peter killing anyone who wants to copy scripture and text as your church did for years

No we dont, your arguements are lies, pointless and anti Christ, its all in opposition to teh one whos church you claim to serve. You serve your church, its doctrines its pope its clergy and that is where your heart is. it is all you speak of.

You say one thing the evidence says so much more against you.

Only man can take one sentnce and build a whole false religion based on it. Lies when will it ever end.
Do we see the psychotic Christian Taliban ever telling the truth?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mungo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do we see the psychotic Christian Taliban ever telling the truth?

But you see, the truth upsets you, have you not read.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

So when you are wiling to persue teh truth you will be free, until than you will be a prisoner of your religion. Take a walk to a library Kepha, lots of books you can read, or are you afraid of discovering teh truth,??

See Kepha, im not afraid ,to be called names, im not afraid of men and His words that are meant to hurt to shut me up, Im not afraid to speak up, can you imagin e how it would be if God told Jesus, "dont tell them teh truth it upsets them". where would we be. See He always knew it would,

Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Some things will never change.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere have I said that Peter builds anything. I've quoted Matthew 16:18 dozens of times in this thread. The Father revealed to Peter but He doesn't build the Church, Jesus does that.
Matthew 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.

get it?
Wow - that's huge. Of all your ramblings about Peter...a big, bold "I" for Christ. Terrific.
6. Peter alone among the apostles receives a new name, Rock, solemnly conferred (Jn 1:42; Mt 16:18).
50 New Testament Proofs for Peter's Primacy & the Papacy
You just can't help yourself: Peter this, Peter that, Peter, Peter, Peter. And now a lie claiming Peter is the only apostle who received a new name.