PHOTO THREAD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is their hide that thick in Oz.

Yep, it depends on part of cow hide, the shoulders are thicker than the belly part of the hide, and back 2 thirds of a cow hide is thicker than the shoulders, thicknesses also vary from cow to cow + there are so many different finishing processes for leathers.

Different thicknesses, different uses.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep, it depends on part of cow hide, the shoulders are thicker than the belly part of the hide, and back 2 thirds of a cow hide is thicker than the shoulders, thicknesses also vary from cow to cow + there are so many different finishing processes for leathers.

Different thicknesses, different uses.

I think I was talking about the hides of Italians in Oz, not cow hides:rolleyes:.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I was talking about the Italians' hides not cow hides:rolleyes:.

But it is from a cow :p

To be honest if we are comparing Aussie cow leather hides and Italian cow leather hides, I'm not too sure which hide would be thicker on average. Italy will definitely have way more varieties though, as there is not much of a tanning industry here in Australia.

If we are comparing Italian cow leather hide to Aussie Kangaroo leather, the leather on the Italian cow would definitely be thicker. LOL :confused::rolleyes::D

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making chicken pie, and had some leftover dough...
49775318306_dcc09f011b_b.jpg